ALIENS THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! I am just in total AWE Nicky! I'd love to meet the casts from ALIEN and ALIENS myself. Why are they only doing conventions in London? Why won't they do one here in the U.S.A.?

I'd like to know more about that extra special edition of ALIENS too. :confused: I've already got the extended DVD from the ALIEN Quadrilogy box set. Let us know more about that other cut of ALIENS Nicky. Thanks!

Just got my new Aliens centerpiece:

HT_hicks_les_head.jpg

:cool:

is that badmoons hicks ?.
I didn't think Les had shipped any of the hicks heads out yet ?.
Awesome either way ! :rock Congratz , looks amazing.:rock

I'm confused, is this hicks head Les's sculpt or is it the one from HeroHeads ?

Either way its awesome.

I'd love to meet the casts from ALIEN and ALIENS myself. Why are they only doing conventions in London? Why won't they do one here in the U.S.A.?

I'd like to know more about that extra special edition of ALIENS too. :confused: I've already got the extended DVD from the ALIEN Quadrilogy box set. Let us know more about that other cut of ALIENS Nicky. Thanks!
They do cons in the US too, we've just been lucky to have them over here cos one of the organisers is a fan himself and some of the actors have made their debut con appearences in the UK cos of that.

It's not a new cut of the film as far as I could tell, it's just a new cleaned up print or something like that. Maybe if someone did a search online they could find more info?

Okay, thanks for the info Nicky. Yeah, I'd love to see all of the ALIENS cast reunited at a convention here in the U.S.A. someday soon.

Hi All!
Wanted to let you all know that i'm making LEDS into my aliens marines shoulder lamps and motion trackers,

i finished 1 shoulder lamp and it looks lovely,

pictures will follow shortly

Here are my latest Aliens con pics from last weekend in Coventry, England at CollectorMania Midlands.

Nov2008004.jpg

^^^ Q+A with Ian Whyte (Scar), Valerie Colgan and Daniel Kash. There were only 3 Qs asked in the 30 mins we had, two of which came from me: What was it like working for their respective directors and what was it like working with Sigourney and Saana Lathan. Ian said PWSA was very relaxed and did everything with meticulous detail, perhaps he didnt really deserve the flak he gets. The Strausses were even more relaxed in so much that Greg Strausse was actually found asleep on the job once. I wanted to cry out, "No wonder the movie sucked!"

DanielKash-ALIENSCMMidlandsNov2008.jpg

^^^ Daniel Kash (Spunkmeyer) The name came from a cereal packet. He hated being in the power loader as it was uncomfortaable and hated the Aliens script - he was straight out of drama school and didnt want to do commercial stuff, he preferred arty stuff. He thought James Remar would have made a much better Hicks had he not got fired cos the coke in him gave him "dont mess with me" eyes. He signed my poster, "I'm too old for this s***!" even though I told him he does NOT say that in the film. He assured me it was when he wakes from hypersleep???!!!! He said he even saw it in the illustrated screenplay a fan had brought for him to sign. I didnt wanna defy him so left it at that. It is NOT in the film.

ValerieColgan-ALIENSCMMidlandsNov08.jpg

^^ Valerie Colgan (ECA Representative) went thru about 250 cigarettes during the 14 hr shoot in the boardroom. She quit smoking long before the shoot but had to smoke anyway. She thought Sigourney was very polite and considerate actress and was shocked at Cameron's outburst, "NO!" when a take wasnt to his likeing. I told her I was 33 but she kept saying I was "such a nice boy".

He signed my poster, "I'm too old for this s***!" even though I told him he does NOT say that in the film. He assured me it was when he wakes from hypersleep???!!!! He said he even saw it in the illustrated screenplay a fan had brought for him to sign. I didnt wanna defy him so left it at that. It is NOT in the film.

im sure he does say that or if not him some one else does.

Yes, Paul deserves what he got, but he also deserves some merit for giving a damn, and atleast trying to please everyone.

^^^^ the Strauses though. I used to like them, but after the movie came out, they became complete jerks, and bashed the Alien fans throughout the entire commentary.

It's odd, because I have a distinct memory of Spunkmeyer saying that line, but I checked both versions of the film and it's not there. It is in this draft of the script I found online. Is it possible it's in the deleted scenes somewhere?

I don't have Spat's armour, but I hear they're very well made and are reasonably priced. I'm not sure, but I think fellow freak HollisDCZ may have one. If not, I'm sure he knows a few people who do, and could give you some more information.

I was thinking of getting one myself till I found a project on another board for a set screen-accurate Hicks armour in fiberglass. I believe it was molded off a set used in the movie and sounded too good to pass up. I'm trying to get one now, but if that falls through then I'll probably be ordering a set from Spat.

Back