ALIENS THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for those new pictures Nicky! I'd love to see the rest of the ones you have...all of them...once you're back in England. Please post them all here. Maybe I need to go to conventions in the U.K. someday to meet the ALIENS cast? It seems like they do appearances more over there than in the U.S.A. here. :monkey2

I saw one old convention picture I saved that showed Mark Rolston (Drake) and Janette Goldstein (Vasquez) together. I can't remember when or when it was from. Very cool though! Wow, I would have LOVED to have been there and met them together, and got my picture with them.

Thanks again Nicky. Keep the pictures coming when you can! :D

Here is my Ripley in her new pose! I really like this Hero Head much better than the re-painted HT one and am so surprised that mine is the only one I've seen around here. Doesnt anyone else have one?

eBay003.jpg

Hey Nicky. I like that Hero Head for Ripley from Lonnie Hale too. I wouldn't mind getting one someday. I do have the repainted HT Ripley head that I really like. I repainted it myself, and think it looks fine. But I think it would be cool to have this Hero Head Ripley head too. I haven't seen one on this board either, and I've been a member here for over a year now.

I have a question about the stand for Ripley. Is it meant to be short?
Mine goes around her leg and thats it. Does it extend to get around her waist?
:confused:
:chew

Yeah, man! I had that same problem about my stands too after about a year of having HT figs!!! If it wasnt for this board I'd never have known the stands could extend!!

I like that Hero Head for Ripley from Lonnie Hale too. I do have the repainted HT Ripley head that I really like. I repainted it myself, and think it looks fine. But I think it would be cool to have this Hero Head Ripley head too. I haven't seen one on this board either, and I've been a member here for over a year now.
Mike, I'm no expert painter but I'd love to see what one could do with that Hero Head Ripley - I much prefer the hair and eyes on this one, the HT head is kinda cartoony looking too IMO.

Nicky, I have to mention that I noticed no mention of Sigourney Weaver's autograph on the list. Did you get hers?

Nicky, I have to mention that I noticed no mention of Sigourney Weaver's autograph on the list. Did you get hers?
Nope, she's never done a con over here and I'm not the kind that hangs around at movie premieres either.

Final Group shot. Enjoy.. and stay Frosty! :D

algr-1.jpg

Many talented Artists were involved in making it happen

In the order of their contribution:

Customikey (repainted Apone head by Lonnie of H2Creative)
Callous (Bishop Head)
Les Walker (all other head repaints plus Hudson resculpted head)
DarkArtist (weathering and weapons detailing)
Hurricane ( Electronics: Light up shoulder lamps and Motion tracker)
Sovereign Studios (Newt)

Proud of these Guys.
:D

The sigs don't say anything really special except for Christopher Henn who wrote "it sucked" when referring to being cut out of the film. The others basically gave quotes from the film or "best wishes/good luck/ nice to meet you/best wishes". Al Matthews wrote "Keep your ammo dry" :confused: Jeanette Goldstein wrote "See you in November".

They're not all from the same con but all are from England. The first was May 2004 and the rest followed since then at various cons. See the pics below including when I met John Hurt who signed my Alien mini-poster (Kotto and Cartwright already on it) and Charles Dance from Alien 3. I have pics of everyone who signed my posters but not on this PC.

Yes, I've seen Les's custom paints and have a spikey hair Hicks on order from his last batch. I re-painted my own Vaszquez, Drake heads and then got my own custom heads which I painted for Ripley and Hudson from Lonnie at H2.

990696398d581790121cb4477ed4079fcbe.jpg

^^ Aliens Q+A at London Film & Comic Con July 2008. Barbara Coles, Jay Benedict, Holly De Jong, Christopher and Carrie Henn.

1633958524d63e3db41568ece4b61e00d87.jpg

^^ Carrie Henn and me - London Film & Comic Con July 2008

23238835caf46d5652764ba70d79017d741.jpg
16579857094c49b3e35da2e78596ec749d5.jpg

^^ John Hurt and Charles Dance (with me) - London Film & Comic Con July 2008

31217862098d12a352687361e73e5c6cf72.jpg

^^ William Hope (Gorman) and me - Collectormania, UK May 2007.

089912460ceca0af2f4b35bf823166a9786.jpg

^^ Trevor Steedman (Wierzbowski) and me - Collectormania, UK May 2007.

Oh yeah, here's another below signed my Tom Woodruff Jr, Alec Gillis, Lance Hanricksen, Colin Salmon and Ian Whyte:
Picture011.jpg

Loooks like an awesome time dude!

great shot Paul! And Nicky, looks like you had an awesome time. Would be great to meet actors from the Alien series.

Thanks Reiny :D.. and yes, I am totally jealous of Nicky, I would have loved to meet Carrie and the gang. Congrats Nicky.

I was at a UK this past wkend. Met Rico Ross again (Frost) and Jeanette Goldstein (vasquez) plus Danny Webb (Morse). Only got a pic of Danny though as I already have ones of Rico and Jeantte from years ago in 2004.

Aliensguests002.jpg

^^^^Danny Webb was great. Very pleasant and accomodating. Told me about working with David Fincher and Sigourney Weaver and how the script of ALien 3 kept changing. What I found fascinating was him telling me at one point in the script Paul McGann was meant to live right up till the end killing people with the Alien and that eventually Morse killed him at the end. Originally when Golic went to free the Alien, it didnt eat him, it just let him follow him and "help" to kill the other prisoners. He also talked about how he and McGann first found out from Fincher that so much footage was to be cut from the film when they were in the middle of dubbing. "I hate bugs!" was a line of his which he improvised and put on my poster. I also asked why the shaved heads were necessity to the story as they provided nothing to the plot. He just said it was cos of the old "wooden planet with monks draft" that was rejected, the bald heads was just something that they carried over cos they thought it looked cool cos the Alien also had a "bald" head too.

Aliensguests001.jpg

^^^ Me and Rico. Nov 2004, London.

Rico Ross recoginsed me from LFCC way back in 2004 to my surprise even to the extent of remembering what we talked about. He says he might be at CM Glasgow and would be up for getting some of the others together for an Alien 30th anniversay reunion next year. He said Bill Paxton is a pretty hard guests to get as he's been busy with his new TV show. We also talked about James Cameron being a fan himself of sf movies and that I thought he'd never attend a con cos he isnt fan-friendly, Rico said it might be that he just doesnt like the media. I said Cameron may not like his fans but really he's just a fan like the rest of us - a fanboy but in denial about it!

Aliensguests004.jpg

^^^ Me with Jeanette Goldstein and Colette Hiller (Ferro) - London May 2004.

Jeanette Goldstein recognised me immediately, again to my surprise from 4 yrs back and having met her 3 times before. I mentioned how I was missing just 2 marines from my Aliens poster and she talked about Bill Paxton too and Cynthia Scott (Dietrich) who she thinks lives in England so should be gettable. Talked about Avatar and that she auditioned but the role (The Queen) went to Sigourney Weaver instead. She hasnt heard of Cameron's Battle Angel and has no problems about a Near Dark remake - she in fact welcomes it cos it'll get people interested in the original film again....if it doesnt suck! She doesnt do so many cons these days but did previously though she does hope to do the Dragon Con in the US at some stage. She recently met Carrie Henn again for the first time since Aliens at a special suped-up digital screening of the film and she was shocked.

Last edited:
dude, you freaking KNOW them!! that is so cool!!!

now tell me more of this SPECIAL SUPED-UP DIGITAL SCREENING OF ALIENS!! bluray release sometime in the near future?!?!?

now tell me more of this SPECIAL SUPED-UP DIGITAL SCREENING OF ALIENS!! bluray release sometime in the near future?!?!?
Jeantte Goldstein (my mate :lol) mentioned it was some commemorative release, a one-off in the US. Nothing about a blu-ray and I'm not certain it was digital but certainly suped-up in some way. I think it was held in some science theater or that it was some kinda fancy film council showing.

I'm meeting Danial Kash (Spunkmeyer) in 4 wks then I have 2 more marines to to complete the USCM to get sigs from, Hudson and Dietrich. After that I still need Burke and Ripley anyway from the main cast. You guys saw the pics of the other actors on the previous pages right? Here, halfway down: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20994&page=68

Here's more:

Aliensguests003.jpg

^^^ Some dude biting me. (This was just Saturday gone)

Aliensguests005.jpg

^^^ Veronica Cartwright (Lambert) - London Nov 2004.

Aliensguests006.jpg

Yaphett Kotto (Parker) - London Nov 2004.

Aliensguests010.jpg

^^ Mark Rolston (Drake) - London Nov 2004

Aliensguests011.jpg

^^^ Michael Biehn (Hicks) - London Nov 2004.

Aliensguests012.jpg

^^ Aliens Q+A - London Nov 2004.

Aliensguests013.jpg

^^ Aliens Q+A - London Nov 2004.

Aliensguests014.jpg

^^ Alien Q+A - London Nov 2004.

Last edited:
Aliensguests009-1.jpg

^^^ Ian White (Scar) - London Nov 2004.

Aliensguests007.jpg

^^^ Alec Gillis and facehugger - London Nov 2004.

Aliensguests008.jpg

^^ Tom Woodfruff Jr. - London Nov 2004.

Aliensguests015.jpg

AvP Q+A and trivia contest in which I KICKED EVERYONE'S ASS and won. I won a signed big-ass AVP banner by them 3 guys.

Aliensguests016.jpg

Lance Henricksen (Bishop ) - Birmingham, England. March 2005. I also have a pic of when I met Colin Salmon from AvP too but dont have it here.

Aliensguests017.jpg

Paul McGann (Golic) - May 2005, Milton Keynes, England.

Aliensguests018.jpg

Al Matthews (Apone) - May 2007, Milton Keynes, England.

I

Back