ALIENS THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey gang, sorry no pictures as I said I'd have, hope to have them tomorrow, but I've been painting Hick's armor with weathering all night after I got some screen grabs for reference. It's funny, as random and sloppy as this paint job can be, it's still meticulous and time consuming to get just right, and I'm really enjoying it. So far, I've weathered his upper body armor, in taking it off I accidentally removed the grenade straps so now I'll be able to swap his knife out. I also added weathering to his helmet and his light pack, it really adds a sense of realism to weather these pieces. The gun has a fair ammount of weathering to it, so I'll probably leave that as is. Tomorrow, weathering of the cod piece, shin guards, adding the text to the back of the upper body armor, and then thanks to Josh sharing his trick for aging, I'll move on to fading the clothes and dealing with the sleeves.

Just thought Id post this quick pic I took of my two marines yesterday, inspired by the "remember . . short, controlled bursts" scene :)

Mualfan, do you have any tips on taking pics indoors? I really struggle to take decent pics indoors because I dont have any dedicated lights and I avoid using flash coz, well that looks even worse lol.

The figures look cool in natural light and if you just want to show of your figures then its the best method I think. However, if you are trying to capture the mood and feel of the movies, outdoor environments arent really well suited. I know photos can be moddified in photoshop but I find that even adjusting the colour temperature etc still looks fake.

Anyway, any tips would be appreciated.

Just thought Id post this quick pic I took of my two marines yesterday, inspired by the "remember . . short, controlled bursts" scene :)

Mualfan, do you have any tips on taking pics indoors? I really struggle to take decent pics indoors because I dont have any dedicated lights and I avoid using flash coz, well that looks even worse lol.

The figures look cool in natural light and if you just want to show of your figures then its the best method I think. However, if you are trying to capture the mood and feel of the movies, outdoor environments arent really well suited. I know photos can be moddified in photoshop but I find that even adjusting the colour temperature etc still looks fake.

Anyway, any tips would be appreciated.

I use a Hot Shoe mounted flash. Point and shoot digital camera's don't have the mount for a flash like that, only the higher end ones do. It works nice because instead of just point straight ahead, I can pivot and rotate it to bounce the flash off of ceilings and walls around the subject and it also softens the light so it's not as harsh as normal flash photography. Don't know if that'll help any.

DSC00263.jpg

Part of my collection.

Cool stuff! Keep 'em coming Guys!

I MAY have some cool new Bishop shots soon, if I can get to them before heading out of town Friday... you can prolly guess the 2 iconic shots I'm thinking about... stay tuned. :cool:

I'm looking forward to seeing those two new Bishop pictures from you pjam. Yeah, I have a feeling what they'll be.....hmmmm......:D

Bishop Calls up the 02. First look teaser...

DSC05690.jpg

I modded the laptop by adding a screen border, still needs a little futzing and more mods. Bishop's laptop was basically a briefcase modded laptop.

More pics to come... I'm telling you this fig looks like it was pulled out of the Aliens screen when I look at it sitting here on a table. Nuts...

Wow, great pictures of your Bishop on the laptop at the table pjam! I like the red lighting too. very nice effect.

By the way, anyone else out there pre-order the Hot Toys Power Loader with Ripley figure using Sideshow's "flex-pay" plan like I did? I saw that my first payment of $83.33 will be coming up soon in about 3 weeks. I gotta make sure to cover three payments like that to pay that baby off!

awesome pics pjam!! your bishop kicks serious arse!

here are some really old pics, (and not very good ones at that), of my aliens/predator collection.

very hard to photograph with the mirror, and glass... glare everywhere... if you guys have any advice, i'm all ears!

009.jpg

009a.jpg

009b.jpg

009c.jpg

009d.jpg

009e.jpg

Thanks WG, I think this is my fave because it similates the Film angle. I shot these in a darkened room with a flashlight beam angling across the fig and onto the laptop screen.

You know, adding little extras and details to go with your figs, like Facebox's floor grilles make a huge difference, really amps up your posing options...

DSC057062.jpg

Thanks all

and Reiny, puh-leeze, how can anyone compete with that amazing display room of yours? :lol I can only hope to have something like that one day.

Thanks again Reiny, You should see this thing in hand, it's downright weird, like some little character from the film sitting in front of you, you take second and third looks and just shake your head.

I really do think making diorama like displays is the way to go.

btw, the headset is a HT Reese... close enough. :lol

the imagination that went into creating that scene is brilliant. and the headset is perfect!! i anxiously look forward to your next project. :D

the imagination that went into creating that scene is brilliant. and the headset is perfect!! i anxiously look forward to your next project. :D

I am humbled, but I do live and work in Hollyweird so there is some expectation to live up to. Man needs to represent, yo.

Next up, the mess hall scene... Lord, someone help me. :lol

Back