ALIENS THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THE "BISH" IS BACK.

DSC05651.jpg

More to come...

Okay, he's finally done. This is the repainted OOAK Callous Bishop head with real rabbit fur hair and articulated eyes. Yours truly did the rest. :D:cool:

You may note the right hand needs a retouch as the head was painted with oils and it didn't take well to the rubber hands but that's a minor touch up...

Breakdown:

Bishop Head with real hair, articulated eyes: Callous
Body: Short Dragon Pietr
Jumper: BBI Walker (collar not film accurate)
Shoes: SSC Connor Nike's repainted/customized by pjam
Watch: I forget, detailed by moi
Patch: EVA
Neckchain
Laptop : BBI repainted, still needs a rectangular screen border mounted

BISHOP REAR VIEW... Callous' hair work is DEAD ON.

DSC05644.jpg

A couple more...

DSC05640.jpg

The Synth Reaction...

DSC05667.jpg

Last edited:
"ABSOLUTELY BADA$$ES! "

Look GREAT together P!

Envy....what a nagging emotion it can be! :D

Thanks guys, just wanted to thank the Talented SSF Artists who contributed to help make this set kick so much ass...

Roll Credits...

Figuremasterles: (Repaints: ALL but Apone and Bishop. Hudson Chronos head resculpt. Ripley leg extension)

Darkartist: (Detailing and weathering; Hicks, Hudson BDUs and armor. Vasquez, Drake Armor and weaponry)

CustomMikey: Apone Head paint

DBoz: Drake shirt Iron On

Callous: OOAK Bishop Head

Chris @ EVA: Drake and Vas gerbers, Patches

And thanks to ALL you guys for posting ref pics, providing advice, etc. It was THIS board that made this dream come true for me.

Wor Gar: Table and chairs in box, stored till needed for display and don't forget about Queenie.
Jedi Mike: Too many questions to answer all at once my friend. Don't know if callous has a site, he is a big name in customizing.

Last edited:
It's fine pjam. I'm sorry I ask so much all at one time! :eek:

Your magnificent seven look great! I will take a line-up picture of mine once they're done. I still have to get some t-shirts for all of them to wear under their armor (movie-accurate ones at that!). I already got the iron-ons from Dboz for my Drake, and my upcoming Frost, and other little things from Chris at EVA, like the Gerber knives, Hudson's "winged skull" bolo clip, and the great USCM patches set.

I'll just try to look up Callous online. Please send me a PM when you can pjam about what you know about him. I'd appreciate it! :D

I already got the iron-ons from Dboz for my Drake, and my upcoming Frost, and other little things from Chris at EVA, like the Gerber knives, Hudson's "winged skull" bolo clip, and the great USCM patches set.

I'd love to see a picture of the "extras" you got... particularly that "winged skull" clip.

OK, so Hicks took a bit longer to assemble than I expected, and I didn't get to it as early as I'd hoped, so not too many shots tonight, just a little tease of what's to come, and then with the help of my fellow freaks, the customizing will come along and he'll really rock.

HICKS1.jpg

HICKS2.jpg

HICKS3.jpg

OK, so Hicks took a bit longer to assemble than I expected, and I didn't get to it as early as I'd hoped, so not too many shots tonight, just a little tease of what's to come, and then with the help of my fellow freaks, the customizing will come along and he'll really rock.

HICKS1.jpg

HICKS2.jpg

HICKS3.jpg

Great stuff MF. You gotta get an "Eat this" shot: Hick's shotgun in the warrior's mouth!

Great stuff MF. You gotta get an "Eat this" shot: Hick's shotgun in the warrior's mouth!

Oh I will, like I said, these were some quick ones so we'd finally have a marine with a warrior from that film, still much more work with the Corporal to go. Tomorrow I'll add some quick metalic weathering to his armor. I'm also mailing out my order for the Frontline head so a few weeks and that should be here. It's weird, in all the posts, I don't think I've seen a factory Hicks/Reese head, I've seen all the repaints. The Reese head is ok, just sucks that the helmet won't go on. Does the helmet fit on the Stoner head?

Love your big 7 lineup there, you do with Aliens and Terminator what I do with Star Wars haha. My collection is slowly expanding beyond Star Wars, but it's tough, especially when some of the other properties I love are made by more expensive companies. If I could do it all, I'd have the full Aliens lineup, but as it stands, I have to pick what matters most to me. Now the can just give us the Power Loader, that thing's going to be sweet.

I hear ya, gotta pick your fights well with the wallet... and thanks for the kind words... I value my Termie and Aliens stuff over everything except maybe Batman and Superman....

Stoner head fits better than HT Hicks although I always liked the HT Hicks head and with a repaint it's pretty decent although a very snug fit with the helmet but it fits....

Here is my original FML HT Hicks repaint... it is now a repainted 84 Reese. I really don't care for the FL Hicks head, something about it bugs me, Get It. BUGS ME. :lol Seriously it looks craggy to me, needs finesse work...

DSC02820.jpg

Hicks now with Stoner Head... loving this now... looks extremely kick ass with helmet on...

DSC05596.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it's cheap enough and the nose looks more anatomically right for Biehn so I want to see what I can do with it, I think I'm gonna order the Stoner too just to be on the safe side. While I'm thinking of it, Paul do you find the back section of the shin armor won't fit snug to his boot and kinda shifts more to the outside of his leg? Mine won't press tight for the life of me.

The shin armor will be a tough fit if its too close/over his boots, best to strap it around his legs to fit and maybe try to slide it down as far as you can go after it is strapped onto his leg...

Josh did the BDU work for me... maybe this should be on the building marine thread where more guys can help?

The Reese head is ok, just sucks that the helmet won't go on. Does the helmet fit on the Stoner head?

I was going to send along a note with some assembly and fine-tuning your Hicks tips for ya, but I thought I'd better just get him in the mail asap. But then Wor-Gar went ahead and put together the "Building Your Marines" thread, so practically everything you need to know (and more) is there at a glance now!

About the helmet, tho... It fits much better on the Stoner head, but there's still an issue with the earphone fitting properly. I got my first Hicks when they were first released over a year ago and I had no idea at the time that Stoner was actually Hicks, or that anyone would be offering any other alternative heads for him, so I just removed the black plastic headband inside his helmet and did the best I could. It still won't fit properly but it will improve the fit somewhat. Because his hair is too bulky, the earphone won't fold down over his hear correctly, but if you futz with it a bit you can probably get it to look good enough for some pics. I'm working on some foam replacements for the hard plastic earphones, so they'll fold down and fit realistically. When I'm done I'll post some pics and a "how to" for anyone who wants to make some of their own.

Btw, I'm really looking forward to seeing that "Eat THIS!" shot! It's one of my most favorite scenes in the entire movie. :D

Last edited:
Well, it's cheap enough and the nose looks more anatomically right for Biehn so I want to see what I can do with it, I think I'm gonna order the Stoner too just to be on the safe side. While I'm thinking of it, Paul do you find the back section of the shin armor won't fit snug to his boot and kinda shifts more to the outside of his leg? Mine won't press tight for the life of me.

Definitely get yourself a Stoner head!!! Better yet, wait till Les sculpts a new Hicks with spikey hair and buy one of those. That should be all you need for the ultimate Hicks portrait.

The shin armour is a b!tch, no doubt about it! I must've fiddled with those for hours and still wasn't 100% satisfied with the fit. But if you gently loosen the laces on his boots while they're stiff, then warm them with a hairdryer till they're soft, you can wrap a rubberband or something around his ankles to make the boot tops more snug, then when they've cooled, go ahead and carefully lace them up again. Doing so will help the calf guards fit a little better, enough so that you can probably live with it. To really do the job right I think you'd have to remove some plastic from his calves...major surgery! But if you just get the boots to fit more snugly the calf guards should fit better. Hope this helps. :D

Thanks for the info Mudshark. I'm ok with how the shin guards are on him without being snug in the back, the fronts are snug to him, I was just curious if I did something wrong or what. I'll tell ya, it's great for realism that the clips on the gear are functional, but what a ***** some of them can be to undo and then get back in, at least for me, I've got big hands and fingers and tiny fragile things are not my specialty. When I get home tonight, I'm going to take some shots, including "Eat this!" and then I'm going to start customizing the armor.

I know what you mean about trying to fasten and unfasten those little buckles! I use medical forceps to open 'em, and I highly recommend finding yourself a pair if you don't already have some. The tips on mine are rounded and just fit in the gap between even the small buckles, so a little pinch is usually all it takes to pop them open. Getting them connected again is another story, but you'll get better at it with practice! :lol

Back