Aliens Colonial Marines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funny_animated_gif_97.gif

Understatement of the decade :lol

Sega has just confirmed to Kotaku that Aliens: Colonial Marines is no longer coming out on Wii U.

We first heard a few months ago that the Wii U version of the disastrous shooter had been "indefinitely postponed," but Sega denied that. Since then, the publisher has refused to comment on this version of Aliens: Colonial Marines. Now it's official.

Ouch. It's a train wreck that keeps piling on. I don't think Sega is to blame for this from everything I've heard.

I missed the quote from the article.

"We are constantly looking at all areas of our business and in this case have made the decision to not continue development of the Wii U version," a Sega rep told Kotaku. "Rest assured that we have some fantastic developments for Wii U in the pipeline which we will announce at a later date."

I missed the quote from the article.

"We are constantly looking at all areas of our business and in this case have made the decision to not continue development of the Wii U version," a Sega rep told Kotaku. "Rest assured that we have some fantastic developments for Wii U in the pipeline which we will announce at a later date."

lol.....:)

As a stand up FPS it's good but for a platform Aliens game it is a huge let down. Massive potential but no.

As a stand up FPS it's good but for a platform Aliens game it is a huge let down. Massive potential but no.

Doesn't matter how well they did the game in my opinion.

A type of game like this, regardless how well it was done would get boring fast, based on the enemies that are in the game. For example, Walk through a door, alien jumps out and hits you, run backward shooting, alien dies, continue and repeat for 8 hours. If the game was done right and properly (which of course it wasn't) then the graphics would be great to look at, with a good story to keep us entertained.

In the end though, gameplay would end up way to repetitive and would get stail fairly quickly.

Gamefly has this for $17.99 - used. Still about $17.98 too high.

I will pick up on the PC one day when it's $5.00. I'd pay that.

They pulled crap like this before.

When they should demos for "Hells Highway" they bragged about all the features and detail, like soldiers falling down/tripping, helmets falling off, and grenades jiggling on the character chests etc, all of which was never in the final game.

About time they learned their lesson.

Back