Alien Warrior or Big Chap?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alien Warrior or Big Chap?

• Total voters

Red

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys :wave

Having been a fan of both Alien and Aliens since the films were released i have been looking for 1 rep from either to add to my collection for quite a little while now. I am after a statue/maquette and when i saw the AW( which i ordered then later cancelled) i thought he might well be it but once the price was announced and it was going to cost me close to a grand to get him down here i let him go. :(

Then the announcement of the Big Chap got my hopes up but whilst the sculpt is absolutely awesome the pose didn't initially(still hasn't quite) win me over. So whilst i am still considering both if i can find them cheaper somewhere was just wondering which you guys thought is the better piece.

I know it's slightly unfair posting a poll with only the one being im hand but particularly to the Alien Freaks(you know who you are) that will be getting both which maq do you think is the better?

It only cost me $25 US in shipping to Australia from Sideshow to get the Alien Warrior maquette and you can still get one from them. I don't think you will get it cheaper than that.
I am not a big fan of the pose or the size of the warrior maquette. It is nicely detailed but the pose covers a lot of that up unless you display it high up. The feet are poorly done. The paint is nice but I struggle with the $800 price tag for such a small piece.
I really like the new big chap, it has a lean problem and again I am not a fan of the appearance of the feet or their position in the pose/on the base. But @ 28 inches it is better value and I think will have more wow than the warrior which was a missed opportunity.

^ I'm pretty sure you can get the Warrior for $719 at other sites/eBay. Not sure about shipping though..

When I initially saw the Big Chap, I didn't think much of it. After seeing the new photos, he's now a must have for me. Warrior looks nice but not like the Chap.

Shipping here, unless it is subsidised is painfully expensive. Most PF boxes only just make girth restrictions with USPS and cost $130 US. Anything bigger is FedEx and jumps up to $450+ :horror
I think the warrior box is too big for USPS...:monkey2

It is a bit unfair to ask which one is better considering no one has seen the Big Chap in person.....

Having said that, I prefer the pose and presence of the Alien Warrior. Without seeing the Chap, I would vote for the Warrior...

It is a bit unfair to ask which one is better considering no one has seen the Big Chap in person.....

Thats why i mentioned it in my opening post although it doesn't seem to be affecting the result so far.

Last edited:
Giger for me Matt,seeing it in those new pics it really has the wow factor,i ordered the Warrior like yourself but cancelled as i didnt think it was worth $800 of my money,the BC? i'd say it is,just my opinion of course

Somewhat suprised that the Chap is romping it in although with it being new maybe the excitement gives it an ad.......what to do?:slap

Like most, i regard the seminal Giger Alien as the end all, be all design but I just don't think the SS piece captures it. Like you I PO'd the warrior and had to cancel due to financial woes, but if I could, I'd pick up the warrior in a second. I always did like the warrior design and I think the pose, base and finish on the SS piece is magnificent.

Alien warriors falls apart sooooo badly.Big chap seems to be holding up even with a weird standing position.But wow 2 out of 3 of the warriosr i own broke with a light breeze.I glued my warriors together and i will say there very cool looking.

fileraliens.jpg

My bad, reading the thread i would go with big chap design -hands down.The fact that theres a human skull in there and what it is, it is a scary idea.

I can't really make a fair comparison, 'cause like you said the original Alien maquette is far from in hand... I do have the Alien Warrior though, despite the negative comments on the crouching pose & the price tag it really is a very impressive statue.

The new BC maquette sure does look damn awesome too. For me it would come down to two factors, do you want it now, and/or which movie to you like more?

Here's some pics of my warrior to help you decide, or not!! :lol

Dsc01824.jpg

Dsc01826.jpg

Dsc01829.jpg

Dsc01837.jpg

Dsc01838.jpg

Dsc01830.jpg

i voted for the alien warrior , a fantastic piece that should have been sold out a long time ago

I have the warrior but there is no way I'm passing on Alien. I have a feeling this is going to be better than the warrior and I love the warrior.

Back