Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be very disappointed if I pay $800 and get something less than perfect. Even if they gave me $100 back, I'm not sure I'd be okay with that.

They offered me partial refund since they saying they sent me the best replacement body they found, so am keeping it. The only issue now is the left arm is not sticking properly like the magnet is not strong (or doing it job), any suggestion guys??

Maybe wedging it in with some puddy that doesn't harden might do the trick? Or maybe anything that could be wedged in there and not seen?

I personally wouldn't go as far as sanding down the magnet block and replacing the faulty magnet with a stronger one. Although that could be a possible answer to your dilemma.

Hopefully the replacement body has a stronger magnet that fixes all your issues. :wink1:

I'll be very disappointed if I pay $800 and get something less than perfect. Even if they gave me $100 back, I'm not sure I'd be okay with that.

Yeah it sucks, ironically, all my other pieces from Sideshow that is 200$-350$ are perfect. You think with higher end they should be more careful :dunno . and since they send me a replacement so now they only offering 50$. since the item is sold out now and the issue in the new body is not noticeable I'll keep it. but again, disappointing indeed.

Maybe wedging it in with some puddy that doesn't harden might do the trick? Or maybe anything that could be wedged in there and not seen?

I personally wouldn't go as far as sanding down the magnet block and replacing the faulty magnet with a stronger one. Although that could be a possible answer to your dilemma.

Hopefully the replacement body has a stronger magnet that fixes all your issues. :wink1:

Thanks a lot bro! the replacment body is the one with the magnet issue, the precious one had scratches in the skull all over :panic:, I think I'll go with wedging and since I have the old body (which will destroy today) I'll see the feasibility of replacing or attaching the magnet on top of the new body.

Well, got a response from BBTS this morning. Looks like I wont be getting big chap. I got an apologetic reply for the lack of service from the delinquent I've been dealing with in the last few months through email.
However, it appears they are trying to make up for the trouble, money lost and statue lost. I appreciated that at least and thought it was a very nice thing to go beyond to correct mistakes. Still, it wont help me get big chap now that its selling over 1k, it would actually defeat the purpose of this refund. The only thing im debating is weather to keep the credit on the account for a future PO, or just get the refund.

This is their response:

Good morning Chris,
I have spoken extensively with Upper Management about the Big Chap Maquette you have on preorder. After reviewing previous email chains with various Customer Service Representatives, it is apparent there has been a definite lack of service for you. I want to assure you this is not representative of how we do business here.
Now to address the current dilemma. After a thorough examination, it is unlikely that we will be receiving the remainder of our order for the Big Chap from Sideshow. As you indicated, they are Sold Out on their website--in fact you cannot even search for it anymore without using old links on the web.
I will leave it up to you to determine whether you would like to cancel your preorder with us or not.
In regard to the store credit you have from a previous cancellation, I see that you were offered a reduced 'buy-back' price because the request to cancel was so far outside our 15 day cancellation period.
I have reissued the $34.99 deduction so your store credit is now the full $377.38
Because we cannot fulfill your preorder and you obviously wanted to use this store credit toward that purchase, I would like to refund it to you in a way that would allow you to try to purchase the Big Chap elsewhere if possible. I am unable to issue the refund to your credit card because it has been too long. The credit card company will not authorize the refund--trust me, I tried this morning. However, I can offer to send you a check in the mail for $377.38
Please let me know if you would like this option.
In addition to refunding that money, I would also like to issue a $100 store credit to your account as an apology for the completely uncharacteristic lack of service you have received since becoming a customer in January.
I know that at this point, any type of apology and store credit will seem like empty gesture. Even so, I want to offer my sincerest apology for this whole ugly scenario. I truly hope that what I am offering is enough to keep you as a customer in the future.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed. I await your reply.

--
Sincerely,

Myra Klegin
Operations Manager
BigBadToyStore.com

Chris

Well, got a response from BBTS this morning. Looks like I wont be getting big chap. I got an apologetic reply for the lack of service from the delinquent I've been dealing with in the last few months through email.
However, it appears they are trying to make up for the trouble, money lost and statue lost. I appreciated that at least and thought it was a very nice thing to go beyond to correct mistakes. Still, it wont help me get big chap now that its selling over 1k, it would actually defeat the purpose of this refund. The only thing im debating is weather to keep the credit on the account for a future PO, or just get the refund.

This is their response:

Chris

I'm impressed! :clap

I'm impressed with BBTS. At least they own up to their mistakes.

I don't know. I would think that if you pre-ordered something through them they should make sure you get one for the price that was promised even if they have to get it elsewhere. But that's just me.

I don't know. I would think that if you pre-ordered something through them they should make sure you get one for the price that was promised even if they have to get it elsewhere. But that's just me.

Although I do agree with you but I have encountered retailers who cancelled my pre-order and refunded my deposit without even a single word of apology.

The worst is that the figure was already sold out by then and I had to "hunt down" one at those eBay-inflated prices. :gah:

SS just took out my final payment with shipping it all came to 839! :O

Soon.......soon!

Back