Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell? It's sold out?

I'm still waiting on mine from BBTS. I've had it on pre-order for 6 months now and still nothing has shipped or been updated. It's says on their site shipping 3rd qtr, which has now come and gone. If they stiff me on this order I'm gonna flip.

Chris

Since you're in Canada as well, I really hope you asked BBTS to mark it as a gift otherwise you'll risk getting killed by customs and taxes :(

Wow, I thought it would've never sold out! Glad I pulled the trigger on this guy early. :woo

There are plenty of finished 3ft tall queens on eBay often these days. If you want one, your better off going that route. First off, shipping would be a nightmare for SS on such a fragile and large piece. Second, the pro painted ones on eBay are prolly cheaper then what one would cost from SS (prolly 3k from them if they did one). Third, it's extremely unlikely they will do one cause only a select few own the molds and if SS wanted to do the full 1/4 piece, they had their chance years ago.

It's sold out.

Sold out? I just order one about 3 hours ago. Did I order the wrong one or did I miss out on the ex or is there a ex? I did not know there was a ex? If there is I will cancel the one I order. I only order ex unless there is something that I don't need and get free shipping.

Link please....

Last edited:
There are plenty of finished 3ft tall queens on eBay often these days. If you want one, your better off going that route. First off, shipping would be a nightmare for SS on such a fragile and large piece. Second, the pro painted ones on eBay are prolly cheaper then what one would cost from SS (prolly 3k from them if they did one). Third, it's extremely unlikely they will do one cause only a select few own the molds and if SS wanted to do the full 1/4 piece, they had their chance years ago.

Hence, why I'd go for the bust instead. The old one is a real beauty, but the aftermarket price is insane and I think they could do some interesting stuff if given a second chance wth her. Maybe lose the torso section and just give us the head and neck at the same overall height (meaning the parts we would get would be bigger). Or go smaller and make her a more manageable 18" for compatibility with multiple collections. If the size and price are right, she'll be an easy sell.

Mine arrived, I cant say it's perfect but I guess I'll be asking for partial refund. There is a small missing paint in the back and the magnet for the left arm is not doing it job perfectly, the arm is not sticking as it should! I guess I can fix this one somehow. Far better than the previous one but still not perfect.

Mine arrived, I cant say it's perfect but I guess I'll be asking for partial refund. There is a small missing paint in the back and the magnet for the left arm is not doing it job perfectly, the arm is not sticking as it should! I guess I can fix this one somehow. Far better than the previous one but still not perfect.

The Perfect ALIEN is the 1/5 statue from M.Sano :wink1: and especially to one painted by Nathan :)

There you have The Perfect ALIEN Statue!.

SanoAlienFinishedFullFront.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullRight.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullFrontLeft.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullLeftRear.jpg

Unreal...

This is the response I received this morning from BBTS on my big chap I PO'd 6 months ago. I can honestly say I will never order anything else through them again.

Hello Chris,
I am looking into this issue for you. I apologize for the lack of service you have received the last couple of times you have emailed about this product.
I know that we had placed our order with Sideshow and received a partial shipment because they decided to put this item on allocation to their wholesale customers.
I also see that it is now listed as Sold Out on Sideshow's site, and our Purchasing Manager informed me the remainder of our shipment is still on 'Waitlist' with Sideshow. This does not bode well.
I want to assure you that I am taking steps to procure this item from another source to fulfill your preorder. I will get back to you middle to end of this week to let you know the outcome.

--
Sincerely,

Myra Klegin
Operations Manager
BigBadToyStore.com

Chris

Last edited:
Sounds like they're trying to help you a lot, under unfortunate circumstances. BBTS has always responded to my requests immediately and fairly.

Good luck. :D

Unreal...

This is the response I received this morning from BBTS on my big chap I PO'd 6 months ago. I can honestly say I will never order anything else through them again.

Chris

Chris

Wow, that is unfortunate. Unreal is right. Well, hope they can find you a Big Chap.

Unreal...

Chris

Chris

Chris,

If you get stuck mate, CCG Armory are still doing him at $719 - bit of a bargain.

Sean.

Wow, that happened suddenly and out of nowhere! :O

I'm making my final flex-payment on the 15th. I hope there's nothing wrong with it!

They offered me partial refund since they saying they sent me the best replacement body they found, so am keeping it. The only issue now is the left arm is not sticking properly like the magnet is not strong (or doing it job), any suggestion guys??

Back