ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wor-Gar said:
Nice pictures, P! Keep those aliens at bay.

I wonder if Hurricane can make a working flamethrower? I wouldn't put it past him to try. :D

I've been thinking about that for a long time, since last year. I know he can do it, but I was thinking maybe one of those Airplane Pilot lighters with controlled flame, don't want a wobbly flame melting plastic... I may be sending him mine with my other stuff (Terminator Plasma gun and 30 Cal)

And thanks guys for the comments. Now you can pose your Rip like this too! I can't wait for the Queen. Gonna Rock, even a Warrior and some eggs would make an awesome display...

I still like this pic best. Well, enjoy, it's breakfast time in L.A. :cool:

DSC03950.jpg

ps Reiny, that was a FML Stoner repaint and I used "Forced Perspective" to make them look the same height...

Last edited:
Okay Kids, last Rip Egg Chamber Pic. Day shot to show off Les' AMAZING Repaint.

DSC03970.jpg

Now I turn it over to my Brother Aliens Freaks!

Just got my Cheong arm sleeves in last night. After a little heat+cold to reshape them, here's how one looks against the original HT arm...

Vasarmtest.jpg

With a wee bit of shrinkage, they do seem to fit well... a far cry from the HT "sticks" we're given. There's some nice muscle definition in the sleeves if you have them on the right way. My shrink method helped to bring them out even more as they stretched a bit sitting on old Cheong for who knows how many years. Once painted to match, it should be seemless.

However, as Pjam stated, I will need to 'stuff' the arms a bit to allow for posing without the rubber bending weird.

Here's the other catch: as you can see if the picture, the elbows are in weird places relative to where they are on the sleeves. The HT arms have enlongated forearms and short biceps -- virtually opposite from the Cheong sleeves. This is a problem for bending the arms, as they HT elbow is in mid-bicep on the sleeve.

If stuffing doesn't work, then there is a solution but it is not pleasant... cut a 1/4 inch section out of the forearm and add it to the bicep area. This will make the HT arm more in line with the sleeve, and since the arm is covered you won't see the 'doctoring' if its not a perfect cut.

Scary, I know... but I may try it if I'm not satisfied with the look of the stuffed arms.

Looks even better than mine WG! Better proportioned, looks great! I may try that too, what exactly did you do?... recipe please...

And I know what you mean with the sleeve elbows, but I just rearrange the sleeves for certain poses, it doesn't help much but it helps. Still, overall, an improvement over the sticks... arm surgery on VAS, leg Surgery on Rip? What is this world coming to? I may swap out my Rip body for the 20th Cent Jacq but I like how the HT body shows, especially her back as you saw in those earlier EGG Chamber poses. Hmm, need to think about this...

Last edited:
Pjam, could you post some pics of your FML Stoner Hicks without his helmet please?

More pics from pjam? You guys are killing me! I will try, for you Dave because you are Dave... but Darkartist has a bunch on his custom thread, you may want to ref those first... It's just that mine is back in the box. Oh WTF, I have to switch out his helmet band with Hudson's anyway... :lol

pjam said:
Looks even better than mine WG! I may try that, what exactly did you do to shrink them... recipe please...

The hot+cold recipe:

FIRST, use a hairdryer on high to heat the arm; keep the nozzle at least 6-7 inches away. Heat for a minute or two -- until you feel its hot. Be careful here, keep your eye on the arm, don't just walk away and leave the dryer blowing on it. The arm will melt eventually.

SECOND, drop arm into very hot water in your sink. No need to boil, just let the faucet run until the water is piping hot. Let the arms sit in there another minute or two.

THIRD, wipe arm dry and quickly pop it into the freezer. Another couple minutes, then remove and roll in your hand just to warm it up a bit. That's it. This hot+cold process worked for me to get it back to its original shape and maybe even shrink it down a tad.

You may want to measure the arm before, or mark down its length on a piece of paper, then when you're done you can check your marks and see that it has in fact shrunk down a bit.

:D

I already saw the Joshmeister repaint and it was uncanny. I wanted to see the FML repaint because it is the FML.

Thanks bro, Awesome Analysis and Easy Peasy! :lol

Wor-Gar said:
The hot+cold recipe:

FIRST, use a hairdryer on high to heat the arm; keep the nozzle at least 6-7 inches away. Heat for a minute or two -- until you feel its hot. Be careful here, keep your eye on the arm, don't just walk away and leave the dryer blowing on it. The arm will melt eventually.

SECOND, drop arm into very hot water in your sink. No need to boil, just let the faucet run until the water is piping hot. Let the arms sit in there another minute or two.

THIRD, wipe arm dry and quickly pop it into the freezer. Another couple minutes, then remove and roll in your hand just to warm it up a bit. That's it. This hot+cold process worked for me to get it back to its original shape and maybe even shrink it down a tad.

You may want to measure the arm before, or mark down its length on a piece of paper, then when you're done you can check your marks and see that it has in fact shrunk down a bit.

:D

Al Right DD! I'll try to snap off a few before heading to Graumanns Chinese to see Grindhouse...

Here's some different looks for Vasquez...

HT Vas........................................Vas with arms and shirt..........................Vas with arms and tank

Vaswitharms1.jpg
Vaswitharms2.jpg
Vaswitharms3.jpg

Here's a better angle of the last...

Vaswitharms4.jpg

Gives you an idea of what you can expect from these arms.

The neck is a bit thin for buff Vasquez, but a thorough repaint will help tremendously. She's starting to really take form.

Looking good WG! Love the tank, love it! Anytime, Anywhere!

Here ya go Dave. I agree Josh's Stoner Hicks repaint was uncanny, superb and his armor detailing is next to none. I wanted a "determined" look on mine to match the look Les did for my HT Hicks, eyes ready for battle and a bit of a beard shadow... And Les came through as always...

DSC03986.jpg

DSC03991.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks pjam! Those look fantastic! Les is the man! :monkey5

Anyway, I'm off to see Grindhouse at the Continental.

Sorry to interrupt your posing frenzy guys, but after reviewing AvP, I have a question.

Which AvP Predator to get?

Because I really like the Alien design, I bought the two AvP Aliens from SSC in the past. They rock, although the original Alien design from 'Alien' is better IMO. And even if it's 'not done', I was going to pose these AvP Aliens together with Ripley. Fortunately, HT made an 'Aliens' Alien, so, I'll have a proper companion piece for Ripley (I don't like the marines, which would have done the job also).
But what to do with my AvP Aliens now... ? Somehow I think, the AvP Aliens are not complete, without at least one AvP Predator. But which one? I got on the wait list for the Japanese Exclusive Predator Elder. Seams the best buy to me, considering the low ES. AvP is not my favorite movie, so I'm not looking for a Predator in particular, just the smartest acquisition really. So, which one to buy?

The only two Predators I'd buy in a heart beat, would be the ones form 'Predator', and Predator2. Those have nothing to do with the Alien universe, and frankly, that's the way I like it best.

If you can find one, I'd recommend the Scar or Elder Predators. Those IMO are the best of the AVP Predator lots. I myself am holding my breath for a Predator from the first two movies. C'mon Hot Toys!!

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Sorry to interrupt your posing frenzy guys, but after reviewing AvP, I have a question.

Which AvP Predator to get?

Because I really like the Alien design, I bought the two AvP Aliens from SSC in the past. They rock, although the original Alien design from 'Alien' is better IMO. And even if it's 'not done', I was going to pose these AvP Aliens together with Ripley. Fortunately, HT made an 'Aliens' Alien, so, I'll have a proper companion piece for Ripley (I don't like the marines, which would have done the job also).
But what to do with my AvP Aliens now... ? Somehow I think, the AvP Aliens are not complete, without at least one AvP Predator. But which one? I got on the wait list for the Japanese Exclusive Predator Elder. Seams the best buy to me, considering the low ES. AvP is not my favorite movie, so I'm not looking for a Predator in particular, just the smartest acquisition really. So, which one to buy?

The only two Predators I'd buy in a heart beat, would be the ones form 'Predator', and Predator2. Those have nothing to do with the Alien universe, and frankly, that's the way I like it best.

From what i can tell, and this is mostly based on looking at pictures as I only have the Chopper Predator, there is not a whole lot of difference between the predators. Obviously, the masks are different on all and the weapons are slightly different, but the overall figure is the same. The big exception to this is the Elder, which has an open mouth headsculpt that the mask won't fit on. If you are going for which predator will be worth the most down the line, I would say probably the Scar or Celtic are the ones everyone wants. If you just want a predator to display, I would say pick up whatever one you can find at the best price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back