ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wor-Gar said:
I would die... its that simple.

I hope they don't go the other way... Aliens 3 figures. A disappointment to me, but it would open the door for an Aliens 3 "dog" alien. Of course a line of AvP characters is also possible... to go with their figures already. Not sure who would buy any of them.

I'm sure Howard knows that the original "ALIEN" is THE ONE to get people's money. We can only hope they go for it. Not sure what the license hang-up is.

I'm hoping for a Gorman, Burke and Bishop personally. Maybe not the best series as far as extras, but you got to have these guys. You just have to.

Anyway, now that Rambo 3 has been announced, it shouldn't be too long before we see something from the ALIENS line again, in some form.

I don't see why we couldn't just get the Alien variants from the various films and the humans from the classic film
Maybe even a figure of the alien from It! The Terror from Beyond Space

dekadentdave said:
Do you have any idea where it came from? Is it for sure a BBI headsculpt?

I can't say that BBi made it as it is unmarked, but it fit the G3 neck stud well enough to be put into service on a G3.5 body.

Three things again

Pilot was Ferro

O'Bannon ripped off "It...(so glad he did!)

Alien 3, "The dogcatcher Alien Movie" nearly killed the franchise.

Okay 4... :lol

Whedon Called Alien Resurrection his personal Vietnam, he put a stake in it...

pjam said:
Three things again

Pilot was Ferro

O'Bannon ripped off "It...

Alien 3, "The dogcatcher Alien Movie" nearly killed the franchise.

Okay 4... :lol

Whedon Called Alien Resurrection his personal Vietnam, he put a stake in it...
Ferro!! That was it!!

I know he was "inspired" by IT, but boy I loved that film as a kid. Anyone know if its available on DVD. I checked over the weekend in everystore near me to no avail. :(

Alien 3 I could not see much from, but I must admit to enjoying Resurrection.

Please nooooooooooo.....

48fcb922.jpg

here's to hoping if Hot Toys DOES get the Alien license, that they get the license to do the heads properly this time!!! (but i'll take it any way i can get)

:lol

I good FML repaint with a patch of hair on his lower lip and he'll make a fine Hudson.

Dave, Maybe I wasn't clear when I said the head was in play. That head is being sent to a "master" to rework it for the guys in the thread [and others?]

So you ARE doing a Hudson conversion? I can't wait to see it. Les will rock it.

dekadentdave said:
I good FML repaint with a patch of hair on his lower lip and he'll make a fine Hudson.

I don't know, man, Looks too Sgt. Rock or something. That head would need a resculpt/tweak to get closer, then a great repaint and maybe...

I can't believe Lonnie is letting this opportunity slip by... weeks now... I guess he'll have it up soon. patience... i would MUCH rather have a good Lonnie Paxton HS than a mod HS...

Looks close enough to me and personally I didn't think Lonnie's Hicks HS was that great. Problem was it looked like a custom sculpt. I prefer the Stoner mod. As for Hudson that head is a close base. The jaw and face is right and so is the hair. I KNOW Les will turn it into Paxton.

It's definitely not a BBI head. I think it's a bootleg "unknown maker" head not found on any regularly released figure. It may or may not be cast off the head on the EVA site. It's hard to tell the way that one is painted. Poppo Toys used to sell a Bill Paxton headsculpt and it may be the same as the EVA one. Like I said, I looked and looked and finally found one. The seller only had one and I bought it over four months ago.

And, while on the topic of heads, I'll ask here 'cause the WTB section sure ain't working for me. HAs anyone a spare Hot Toys Hudson or Stoner head they can spare? :D

grawnday said:
It's definitely not a BBI head. I think it's a bootleg "unknown maker" head not found on any regularly released figure. It may or may not be cast off the head on the EVA site. It's hard to tell the way that one is painted. Poppo Toys used to sell a Bill Paxton headsculpt and it may be the same as the EVA one. Like I said, I looked and looked and finally found one. The seller only had one and I bought it over four months ago.

Yes, I posted a link a few days ago to a USCM custom site. They sell the Poppo Toys Bill Paxton sculpt for $7.

hface8.jpg

I'm just not as keen on the Poppo Toys sculpt as the Chronos one. This is what I was saying about Lonnie's LOOKING like a custom sculpt.

Interesting... EVA Toys is in Parker, CO about 10 minutes from where I work.

dekadentdave said:
Looks close enough to me and personally I didn't think Lonnie's Hicks HS was that great. Problem was it looked like a custom sculpt. I prefer the Stoner mod. As for Hudson that head is a close base. The jaw and face is right and so is the hair. I KNOW Les will turn it into Paxton.

Les could make you look like Paxton. :lol As for Lonnie, the majority of his HS are close to dead on. I'm using one for a Custom Technoir T 800. Why just point out one negative? Yeah, Hicks wasn't great but who cares? His Apone rocked and Apone says...

"Look into my eye, Hudson?" :lol

DSC03015.jpg

I'll wait... if there's no alternative, then yeah we need one!

I have both of Lonnie's T-800 HS but I thought Hicks was oversculpted on the forehead and facial wrinkles that looked too carved. I'll take the Stoner sculpt over his for Hicks. I am curious, like everyone else here, to see what he does for Hudson but I am looking at the alternatives and I think that Chronos is a good one if it can be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back