ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wor-Gar said:
THEY WORK! And they look perfect! Certainly makes Vaz look like Vaz now.

OK, now that everyone is looking for them... please post where you got them when you find 'em. Please.

I need a set for Vaz and Sarah Connor.

I think I know the Dragon figure "drjedisith" may have got the arms from. He said "Asian" guy and that rang a bell... Hong Kong Police S.D.U. 'Cheong' No.73011, if I'm not mistaken. I remember another figure from the Nam series with the same arms, USMC (Khe San) "Russell" No.70055. He had a pretty decent Russell Crowe head sculpt, btw. They may be a little hard to find now, I think they were released 2000 - 2002. Anyway, this should give you guys somewhere to start! :D

Wor-Gar said:
THEY WORK! And they look perfect! Certainly makes Vaz look like Vaz now.

OK, now that everyone is looking for them... please post where you got them when you find 'em. Please.

I need a set for Vaz and Sarah Connor.

Ok kids, here's the info. The dml muscle sleeves are from DiD SDU Cheong. I picked up a loose Cheong body from War-Toys for like $6 (minimum order is $10). Definitely worth the investment to get your Vas buffed.

You can also find the boxed Cheong fig at clearance prices on ebay, saw one go for $10 MIB!

btw the Russell Crow fig had molded arms not removeable sleeves as I recall so get the DID SDU Cheong.

drjedisith said:
heres a couple more..i dont know who said such things ..but obviously they fit great..i dont plan on displaying her with her rubber arms and no shirt :)..these are the sleeves.

May thanks for the pics bro, we got the scoop on it now.

Last edited:
Mudshark said:
I think I know the Dragon figure "drjedisith" may have got the arms from. He said "Asian" guy and that rang a bell... Hong Kong Police S.D.U. 'Cheong' No.73011, if I'm not mistaken. I remember another figure from the Nam series with the same arms, USMC (Khe San) "Russell" No.70055. He had a pretty decent Russell Crowe head sculpt, btw. They may be a little hard to find now, I think they were released 2000 - 2002. Anyway, this should give you guys somewhere to start! :D
I have the Russel figure and he has bendy arms.
Hey! I also have HK SDU Cheong! I'll have to find him and try the arm sleeves on Vasquez myself.

pjam said:
Ok kids, here's the info. The dml muscle sleeves are from DiD SDU Cheong. I picked up a loose Cheong body from War-Toys for like $6 (minimum order is $10). Definitely worth the investment to get your Vas buffed.

You can also find the boxed Cheong fig at clearance prices on ebay, saw one go for $10 MIB!

btw the Russell Crow fig had molded arms not removeable sleeves as I recall so get the DID SDU Cheong.

May thanks for the pics bro, we got the scoop on it now.

hey your welcome! i JUST put those arms on..so i was pretty stoked to see that they looked so good..and had to put it up asap....i have a couple russel crowe figs.. hicks would look pretty kick ass with that body..the arms on it are about the same size as the muscle body..but dont have the veiny ripped look.

pjam said:

Are you 100% sure SDU Cheong is made by DiD? I was looking in a Y2K DML catalog. Are we talking about the same fig? :confused: I have the Dragon SDU Cheong in storage back home, but don't remember if the arms were sleeves or the molded type. Same with Russell. I really liked that one, and since I only have one, I wouldn't want to dismember him anyway. But could you possibly confirm the Cheong issue? I'd be much obliged. I've seen the DML Cheong's available for cheap here and there, as you said. Shouldn't be hard to find a couple of those somewhere... ! :cool:

Mudshark said:
Are you 100% sure SDU Cheong is made by DiD? I was looking in a Y2K DML catalog. Are we talking about the same fig? :confused: I have the Dragon SDU Cheong in storage back home, but don't remember if the arms were sleeves or the molded type. Same with Russell. I really liked that one, and since I only have one, I wouldn't want to dismember him anyway. But could you possibly confirm the Cheong issue? I'd be much obliged. I've seen the DML Cheong's available for cheap here and there, as you said. Shouldn't be hard to find a couple of those somewhere... ! :cool:

it is dragon..not did..giddy up mudshark!

From Alex at Urban Samurai, he sold the sleeves...

Sorry but I’m not bringing any more in because it is from two old DML figures that I won’t be re-stocking.

First is DML SDU Cheong and a rare and discontinued HK Gangster figure.

The SDU Cheong figure you should be able to find at clearance prices though.

Alex

update: war toys is out of stock now... hmm wonder how that happened? LOL. At least you guys know what body to get, look around, you might find one...

Last edited:
Mudshark said:
Thanks guys. Guess it's time to start hunting for a couple of loose or dead stock Cheongs. Catch y'all later. Happy hunting!

To complicate matters, I think there were three SDU Cheongs #1, 2 and 3! :confused: When I ordered from War Toys the pic of the nude body had sleeves...

The bodies on the urban samarai site had NO sleeves but I think they were stripped. If you buy loose or whatever make sure the arm sleeves are included!

Here is a pic of boxed SDU Cheong w/ sleeved arms

cheong.jpg

Last edited:
Wor-Gar said:
I hope there's enough for everybody... every body.

Me too, I think I snuck under the wire at War Toys but these are cheap to buy In box and you can kitbash the rest of it, so happy hunting guys! :D :cool:

I also bought a 30 cal machine gun from WT for the "other" JC Movie, T1... will eventually have Hurricane throw a laser in it and make me a Franco Columbo Terminator... would be so cool with Future Resistance figs like Kyle...

pjam said:
To complicate matters, I think there were three SDU Cheongs #1, 2 and 3! :confused: When I ordered from War Toys the pic of the nude body had sleeves...

The bodies on the urban samarai site had NO sleeves but I think they were stripped. If you buy loose or whatever make sure the arm sleeves are included!

Here is a pic of boxed SDU Cheong w/ sleeved arms

cheong.jpg

Thanks for the update, Pjam!
This is EXACTLY the one I meant, the "Target Training" version. I listed the item number before, but here it is again... might be useful when running searches:
DML No. 73011 (figure released in 2000). I know someone with a toy shop near home who had a couple gathering dust on a shelf last time I checked... guess I'd better pay him a visit, Vaz is getting impatient!

Lonnie,

Any news on the Hudson sculpt? I'm anxious to swap this guy's head out for a true Paxton likeness! :banana

Mudshark said:
Thanks for the update, Pjam!
This is EXACTLY the one I meant, the "Target Training" version. I listed the item number before, but here it is again... might be useful when running searches:
DML No. 73011 (figure released in 2000). I know someone with a toy shop near home who had a couple gathering dust on a shelf last time I checked... guess I'd better pay him a visit, Vaz is getting impatient!

Yep M, Target Training Cheong is the one! :D

superactionguy said:
Lonnie,

Any news on the Hudson sculpt? I'm anxious to swap this guy's head out for a true Paxton likeness! :banana

Yeah, me too...Since Hudson's HT head is actually HICKS (if you repaint)...anyways, need that HUDSON!

Quit your grinnin' and drop your linen... :D

Any chance someone could email me a copy of Hudson's assembly instructions? I could proabaly fake it but would rather not if I don't have to. I'm piecemealing my own version together.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back