ALIEN 3 THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I approve of this thread. Totally agree with your stance on the film, MaulFan. A3 had its own visual style and really seemed to fit within the Alien universe, plus the story wasn't too bad (yes, the main characters were all killed off, but how could such a plot have ended any other way?). I thoroughly enjoyed it and it's right up there with the first two. To me, the original trilogy was solid, while AR, though fun and well-done, seemed a bit unecessary.

It also doesn't hurt that the Dog Alien is probably my favorite Alien design -- and I'd LOVE an accurate figure representation of it, for once. Hot Toys or some other 1/6 company needs to get on it and give us some big, accurate, and high-end Alien figures for a change. If done correctly, they'd be the easiest sell in the world.

I am the proud owner of the Tsukuda repaint that figure master les has done and am selling it soon to to financial hardships.

Good new is they are planning a new Alien movie that forgets 3 and Resurrection existed. IMO Alien3 was absolute garbage. When the director disowns it and Giger calls it a disaster that's not a good sign. The story was a muddled mess, overused alien POV shots(I got so tired of scene after scene of the camera spinning in the corridors), Boring characters that babble on endlessly, laughable CGI, lazy way of killing off Hicks/Newt. Yes I have watched both versions. 1 is just a longer mess than the other. I'm trying to find something redeeming in it. Oh yah the suicide ending to try to make the mess so profound! I know, I know the studio interfered, didn't have a script, Blah, blah whatever excuse it's still a dung heap.

Les, awesome work on the Tsukuda!

They're putting off making that Aliens sequel until after Ridley Scott is finished ****ing up the prequels. Sigourney will be in her 70's by then. Doubt we'll see it to be honest. Aliens ends for me with Newt, Ripley and Hicks and half of Bishop going home. I'm content with that.

I like Alien 3, it's the sequel most like the original Alien that we've seen so far. It's confined, dark and beautifully shot. It also has a superb cast. For me, it's one of the more underrated movies ever made.

IMO the movie did nothing wrong except being developed by producers who hired wrong script writer/ director for the job. They simply want cool Sci-Fi but got overly-length gruesome horror/mystery instead.

I love almost everything about this movie, except for... you know... Newt. Sigh.

They're putting off making that Aliens sequel until after Ridley Scott is finished ****ing up the prequels. Sigourney will be in her 70's by then. Doubt we'll see it to be honest. Aliens ends for me with Newt, Ripley and Hicks and half of Bishop going home. I'm content with that.

I'm holding out hope they will do Blomkamp's movie. As far as the prequels I liked Prometheus and will hold off commenting on Covenant until I see it.

I like Alien 3, it's the sequel most like the original Alien that we've seen so far. It's confined, dark and beautifully shot. It also has a superb cast. For me, it's one of the more underrated movies ever made.

It has one alien and lots of corridors so yah in that respect it's like ALIEN. Like a neutered version of ALIEN.

Agreed. It is the sequel I seem more and more drawn to as the years pass. Initially, I, like many, was resentful of the dismissive way the characters of Hicks and Newt were dealt with but now I see it as another example of how this creature has destroyed/consumed Ripley's life and adds to her hopelessness. Though this will probably never happen, I wish they could redo the subpar/cartoonish CGI of the creature which detracts from the effect that the director was trying to achieve.

Back