Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES! I use them for the gallery frames. They have some great sizes. Check em out.

I am glad you're not pissed. I felt really down afterward that I couldn't help. Especially since we had a swap deal. I still plan on helping you out with online, as is Boba Ben. He and I spoke earlier that we're going to both work hard to get you one.

Well, and I helped fuel the fire with my sad feelings.

What are Gallery Frames ?

DO they have odd sizes as a standard?

Well I don't like my friends sad so.... :1-1:

JJJ, they have 18x24, 24x36, 12x36 as well as a few others. The name of the frame is 'gallery frame.' If you go back to the framing dept. at Hobby Lobby, they can show you exactly which ones they are.

Glad that it is benign.:pray:

Bailey's tumor is benign for now, and I am going to the vet tomorrow morning to find out if it is an okay idea to remove it or not.

As for the ET print, as you know I am no slouch when it comes to getting prints. I will postpone anything in my day to sit there and get it for you. I just feel so, so bad.

Hold onto BW for me for a bit. With all of the vet bills, I need a bit of time. But not too long. Thank you.

JJJ, they have 18x24, 24x36, 12x36 as well as a few others. The name of the frame is 'gallery frame.' If you go back to the framing dept. at Hobby Lobby, they can show you exactly which ones they are.

Oh ok, Thanks. I will check them out. Is this what you use for your mondo's?

PS. Glad you cat will be ok :1-1:

What's the cost on the frames?

Do you use something to keep the print from touching the glass when you use these frames ?

:lecture

The prices vary from $30-$50 etc. But every other week Hobby Lobby is 50% off the frames.

We do spend extra money to swap out the backing to get acid free backing and for the 24x36 it's $8. And you can swap out the glass for Museum/non glare, etc. It just costs a bit more. We always do acid free backing, but we don't always do museum glass. And no, the print touches the glass.

Gotcha. I will check them out this week. I want to get my tron pieces framed.

Then when I get Thor, I will get them both framed.

I though it was best to not let them touch the glass...

Just an FYI, make sure you have the framing dept. put hooks/hangers on for you. I pay $1 for them to put the wire hangers on, which I love.

Also, before I forget. You will have a terrible time getting any print into a HL frame because they make the backings fit really tight. Have the frame guy/gal remove the clips at the back, remove the backing, clean the glass, put the print in the frame, and then they will put new clips in. Do it yourself, and you will probably wreck the frame. Been there... Broke the glass even.

Here are some really crappy lighting shots of how the prints look in the gallery frames. Do not measure where you need to hang them. Get the proper hooks (they will recommend some) for the wall and just hang them where you feel is right, IF you use the wire hangers like we do. Each wire is put on with either more or less pull. So measuring will do you zero good. We end up making an extra set of holes, haha. And sometimes the wires will stretch a bit. Had to move Cabin in the Woods up at one point and we also need to move Sucker Punch up now.

DSCN3727.jpg

DSCN3726.jpg

DSCN3725.jpg

DSCN3729.jpg

Gotcha. I will check them out this week. I want to get my tron pieces framed.

Then when I get Thor, I will get them both framed.

I though it was best to not let them touch the glass...

Speaking of, I just got the shipping notice for it.

Also, before I forget. You will have a terrible time getting any print into a HL frame because they make the backings fit really tight. Have the frame guy/gal remove the clips at the back, remove the backing, clean the glass, put the print in the frame, and then they will put new clips in. Do it yourself, and you will probably wreck the frame. Been there... Broke the glass even.

Here are some really crappy lighting shots of how the prints look in the gallery frames. Do not measure where you need to hang them. Get the proper hooks (they will recommend some) for the wall and just hang them where you feel is right, IF you use the wire hangers like we do. Each wire is put on with either more or less pull. So measuring will do you zero good. We end up making an extra set of holes, haha. And sometimes the wires will stretch a bit. Had to move Cabin in the Woods up at one point and we also need to move Sucker Punch up now.

DSCN3727.jpg

DSCN3726.jpg

DSCN3725.jpg

DSCN3729.jpg

Awesome ! Do they charge you extra for all that ? I mean putting it in, the hanging wire ... all that ?

Speaking of, I just got the shipping notice for it.

Woo Hoo ! I may get it for X-mas ! LOL. :hi5:

Awesome ! I think I will try to get both my tron prints done this weekend.

Doing it as yuo mentioned, what do think they will run me?

Back