AH DC Line (Pictures from NYCC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've already been told that the Powergirl and Supergirl covers aren't going to be part of this line, specifically because Powergirl is reclining and (i think) Supergirl is sitting on that meteor. So I assume they want only standing figures.

That's horrible news. I guess DC Direct doesn't like to make money. Great decision on their part (sarcasm) :banghead

Choices made by the higher ups are why I'll never get a Norm Breyfogle Batman B&W statue.

That's horrible news. I guess DC Direct doesn't like to make money. Great decision on their part (sarcasm) :banghead

Choices made by the higher ups are why I'll never get a Norm Breyfogle Batman B&W statue.

I wouldn't give up on them entirely. Just because they aren't part of this line doesn't mean we'll never see them. I think those covers are too iconic for them to remain just covers and posters. I'm sure in time we'll get lunch boxes, coffee mugs, and goodness knows what else. Maybe even statues.

And before anyone suggests it, I'm not hinting. We really don't know what DC Direct has going on.

I wouldn't give up on them entirely. Just because they aren't part of this line doesn't mean we'll never see them. I think those covers are too iconic for them to remain just covers and posters. I'm sure in time we'll get lunch boxes, coffee mugs, and goodness knows what else. Maybe even statues.

And before anyone suggests it, I'm not hinting. We really don't know what DC Direct has going on.

It would still be nice to see them made by whoever is sculpting the WW, Catwoman, Zatanna and Black Canary (sorry, haven't looked to see who the sculptor is yet). I think he (or she) has done the best work capturing AH's art style. Not sure what you or Adam think, but I love 'em!

Now, get to work on those coffee mugs! :D

You know what would be very cool for this line? That Divas of DC poster that Adam did. They're all standing except Batwoman. Sure they're not in their costumes, but I'd love to have a statue of that poster.

Catwoman is up at BBTS now...:naughty

DC10017.jpg

huh; I guess they decided to not go with the fishnets?

Which is odd since Black Canary had fishnets on the cover and DC Direct has been putting fishnets on so many of the statues, busts and action figures it's put out in the past few years.

Any word on the AH! Power Girl #1 cover being added to this line?

Which is odd since Black Canary had fishnets on the cover and DC Direct has been putting fishnets on so many of the statues, busts and action figures it's put out in the past few years.

Any word on the AH! Power Girl #1 cover being added to this line?
We were told that the Supergirl on the Meteor and the Powergirl cover from JLA Confidential would not be made into statues. Seeing as the PG #1 cover Adam just did doesn't exactly have her in her costume, i find it unlikely that they will want to use that one.

huh; I guess they decided to not go with the fishnets?

Somehow if this was SS' statue, they could pull of fthe fishnets on the statue. However, with this being owned by DCD, I'll have to cut them some slack on that detail. The important thing is that ALL these DCD statues look like their proto when they ship!

That's disappointing that there isn't gonna be a Supergirl. :monkey2 I would have gotten that for sure. I guess the wait will continue for that one good statue of her. Catwoman sure is looking mighty tempting though. :D

I believe once the floodgates are opened and these 4 sell well that "maybe" DC will reconsider releasing PowerGirl and SuperGirl.

Somehow if this was SS' statue, they could pull of fthe fishnets on the statue. However, with this being owned by DCD, I'll have to cut them some slack on that detail. The important thing is that ALL these DCD statues look like their proto when they ship!

Yeah, we all know acurate Sideshow is on all their pieces. :rolleyes:

It's not like they ever released an inferior product.

Namor, Moria Orc, Bruce Lee, Galadriel, Aragorn, Gandalf,...

Indy PF's whole jacket...

....that's just what I can think of off the top of my head that's come out in the last year. Sure some people may have liked some of those pieces but most thought they were subpar or had major problems.

My point, every company has highs and lows. Stop drinking that SS Kool Aid. :D

Yeah, we all know acurate Sideshow is on all their pieces. :rolleyes:

It's not like they ever released an inferior product.

Namor, Moria Orc, Bruce Lee, Galadriel, Aragorn, Gandalf,...

Indy PF's whole jacket...

....that's just what I can think of off the top of my head that's come out in the last year. Sure some people may have liked some of those pieces but most thought they were subpar or had major problems.

My point, every company has highs and lows. Stop drinking that SS Kool Aid. :D

It's even worse when people take their own opinion and project to encompass a lot more people than it applies to.

Of those things you mention above, ultimately only Bruce Lee fits into your hypothesis.

Back