Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series!

jye.....you going to the Thor marathon with the Avengers in the middle? Lord knows you need to see the Avengers again.

I think I'm going to take Dad to do that. I need to call and ask if they will do it in 2D as well. All day with 3D movies might be a bit much.

Am I the only one that finds this show rather boring and generic? It doesn't hold a candle to SOA or Walking Dead. I may cut this one. I will give it one more episode after tonight's.

You can't compare this show to SOA or WD. It's not trying to be like those shows at all.

Personally, I liked tonights episode. It's still cheesy and pretty cliche, but it's so comic booky. I dig it.

I can see it getting a bit iffy if they stick with the formula they're doing. Where it's a new mystery thing every week. But it seems theres an arch formng with tonights ep.

Also....
Spoiler Spoiler:
:panic:

You can't compare this show to SOA or WD. It's not trying to be like those shows at all.

Personally, I liked tonights episode. It's still cheesy and pretty cliche, but it's so comic booky. I dig it.

I can see it getting a bit iffy if they stick with the formula they're doing. Where it's a new mystery thing every week. But it seems theres an arch formng with tonights ep.

Also....
Spoiler Spoiler:
:panic:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Agreed. Totally different in tone, nothing alike.

I've loved both episodes of this show. It's so fun to watch.

Just watched the second episode of Shield and wow was that boring, honestly. The acting and CGI is so horrible I can't NOT focus on it.

Why does the 084 keep getting stuck in walls? First a pyramid wall, then an airplane wall?

After the depressurization of the plane, why are people still being sucked out of the plane?

How does a flimsy rubber raft not get sucked out of giant hole or get punctured or deflated? Further how did it stop the agent from going through it? Everything just made no sense.

It also looks like what I feared the series to be, a new villain every week. This has a Xena/Hercules vibe to it, and I hated those shows.

It's also extremely predictable. I knew the soldiers were going to turn on Shield and try to hijack the plane as soon as they got on. I also knew they were going to blow a hole in the plane as the solution after seeing the intro. So far, not impressed with the series.

Only thing I liked about it was fury that showed up at the end.

Chris

Am I the only one that finds this show rather boring and generic? It doesn't hold a candle to SOA or Walking Dead. I may cut this one. I will give it one more episode after tonight's.

I agree, doesn't hold my interest at all to care what happens in the next episode. This is no where near SOA or breaking bad. Feels like it's more geared towards 12-15 year old range.
All I can say is I'm losing interest fast, I'll see what happens next week, if I'm totally bored again I'll take it off the PVR list.

Chris

I agree, doesn't hold my interest at all to care what happens in the next episode. This is no where near SOA or breaking bad. Feels like it's more geared towards 12-15 year old range.

Chris

Can't believe anyone would expect this show to be like Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy, quite frankly. The Marvel movies haven't been anything like them in tone, either. :dunno

You and me both.

Smallville, I would get. X-Files too.

Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy....?

Can't believe anyone would expect this show to be like Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy, quite frankly. The Marvel movies haven't been anything like them in tone, either. :dunno

It's the quality, the acting, the production value, story, character development, etc. If it's the shows point to be missing all of that then maybe you are on to something in defending it.

To be honest I haven't found the Marvel movies to be all that either. Although I really dig the Iron Man series.

Why are people comparing this to those shows. What am I missing here? :lol

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

It's like this. As a tv viewer I have a finite amount of time to watch. So I have to be picky in what I choose to watch. Yes I have a DVR but with two kids, two jobs, and everything else I simply can't sit on my *** all day and watch tv. So for me this show just doesn't seem to be worth my time at the moment when I compare it to other shows that I wouldn't miss for anything. Does that make sense in why I'm comparing them?

My current tv shows that I wouldn't miss:

Game of Thrones
SOA
Bates Motel
Parenthood
Shark Tank
Motor Week
The Walking Dead
American Horror Story
Hannibal

As you can see these are all very different. I think Parenthood is every bit as good as SOA, yet they are different.

Last edited:

It's the quality, the acting, the production value, story, character development, etc. If it's the shows point to be missing all of that then maybe you are on to something in defending it.

To be honest I haven't found the Marvel movies to be all that either. Although I really dig the Iron Man series.

As far as character development goes, it's the second episode. And even though it's only the second episode, I think think the characters have been well defined from the set up point of view. But development comes with time. All of Whedon's shows have had solid (awesome, most of the time) character development. But not two episodes in.
And I don't see anything wrong with the quality or acting myself.

If you didn't care for the Marvel movies that much, then the show might not be for you. Mileage varies.

Back