Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

That is a possibility yes.

Yeah, I've got to agree to an extent. For some reason folks like to **** on this show constastly, while praising the CW ones, and it just baffles me. AoS has adapted things from classic LMD tales, the first arc of All-New Ghost Rider, Hickman's Secret Warriors and has in general been doing great after the HYDRA Reveal. The Inhuman season was kinda slow, but all this hate is very much undeserved. It's just cool to hate on the MCU now, no matter what.

On the underratted CB show front, Lucifer is also pretty good. It's nowhere near as good as the book, but it's entertaining, and the cast's been doing a great job. Gotham's been getting campier, but the weirder it gets, the better it becomes, so it's esssentially a plus.

Yeah the show has really hit its stride now and it has been churning out some really good episodes. Shame that it's rating quite low, and will likely get cancelled. I really hope for the best (get at least another half season) but I am getting ready for the worst.

Wow, the final LMD episode was crazy good...makes me kinda sad that so many people wrote this show off. It'll be incredibly disappointing if it gets cancelled because of the ratings. I hate people :lol

Wow, the final LMD episode was crazy good...makes me kinda sad that so many people wrote this show off. It'll be incredibly disappointing if it gets cancelled because of the ratings. I hate people :lol

Yeah, it's a damn shame, I have been watching it since the start. I just hope they wrap up the story and don't leave it open ended, if they indeed make this the last season.

Yeah, I've got to agree to an extent. For some reason folks like to **** on this show constastly, while praising the CW ones, and it just baffles me. AoS has adapted things from classic LMD tales, the first arc of All-New Ghost Rider, Hickman's Secret Warriors and has in general been doing great after the HYDRA Reveal. The Inhuman season was kinda slow, but all this hate is very much undeserved. It's just cool to hate on the MCU now, no matter what.

On the underratted CB show front, Lucifer is also pretty good. It's nowhere near as good as the book, but it's entertaining, and the cast's been doing a great job. Gotham's been getting campier, but the weirder it gets, the better it becomes, so it's esssentially a plus.

Meh. I don't care what they think. Their opinions are immaterial to me.

I've been watching this show since S1 and it's been a fun show to watch. Sure it's been slow here and there but every show goes through a slow phase.

Yeah, another 6 week break isn't gonna help with the ratings. You have an amazing episode, maybe some people consider jumping back onboard, then ruin it by having a long break. Don't know what they're thinking.

I'd even be for a 12 or 16 episode season 5...with the new 'pod' style they're going with, I think they could manage doing 3 stories with 4 or 5 eps each.

Yeah, another 6 week break isn't gonna help with the ratings. You have an amazing episode, maybe some people consider jumping back onboard, then ruin it by having a long break. Don't know what they're thinking.

I'd even be for a 12 or 16 episode season 5...with the new 'pod' style they're going with, I think they could manage doing 3 stories with 4 or 5 eps each.

I hear it's because April generally gets a ratings drop in America, not sure why? Maybe you guys have some holidays or other activities during that month? They are apparently saving episodes for the "May Sweeps" whatever that is! lol

I hear it's because April generally gets a ratings drop in America, not sure why? Maybe you guys have some holidays or other activities during that month? They are apparently saving episodes for the "May Sweeps" whatever that is! lol

These hiatus are, HANDS DOWN, one of the worst things to happen to a television show. I wonder when this ridiculous trend started. There was nothing like that during shows like X-Files, Sopranos, etc. Now, every little event is an excuse to take a hiatus. I almost stopped watching the Walking Dead because of one. They went on one and I forgot and lost interest. Had a lot of catching up to do before I went back watching it.

This is why Netflix is king. Release all at once and you watch at your convenience.

yep it's getting Crazy with all the breaks in these series.Too bad because this season could have steamrolled into a very good season with much better ratings if not for all the breaks.Started out great with Ghost Rider.Finished great with the LMD's.But the breaks really ruined it IMO.
It was my favorite Superhero series this season behind GOTHAM.

SHIELD breaks Season4
Ep1 9/20/16
Ep2 9/27/16
2weeks
Ep3 10/11/16
Ep4 10/18/16
Ep5 10/25/16
Ep6 11/1/16
4weeks
Ep7 11/29/16
Ep8 12/6/16
5weeks
Ep9 1/10/17
Ep10 1/17/17
Ep11 1/24/17
Ep12 1/31/17
Ep13 2/7/17
Ep14 2/14/17
Ep15/2/21/17
Ep16 returns April 4th

Gotham is on a long ass break at the moment too.

Yep' Gotham is in a similar situation.Sad how these stations ABC,FOX,seem to be killing their own shows.Network Television it's probably all the same.

Gotham season 3 had Ep1 Sept19th to Ep11 Nov28th 2016.. 11 in a row.
7 week break
Ep12 Jan16 to Ep14 Jan30th.. 3 in a row.
will return April 24th.

The breaks really do kill the show for me. When I start to settle in it's time for another hiatus. I've missed the first episode coming back almost every single time because the break is just long enough for me to forget that I miss the show lol.

The breaks started because people hated re-runs. If you go back a decade there were probably 10 re-runs during the season so now instead of that they just go on hiatus. Both ways suck.

That's a great point KF. I was thinking that it was just a way for the producers to sell a show to the networks and then have fewer production costs (i.e. Fewer episodes). But you're right. I remember reruns just being an accepted part of the TV vernacular. Now they seem almost like a thing of the past (at least for serial dramas) . Not sure which is worse though, reruns or breaks. Reruns in something like S.H.I.E.L.D. would be AWFUL and potentially confusing. Maybe just run through them with no breaks and then put in a spring/summer replacement show. I recommend Batman. Adam West Batman to fill in all the gaps...

At least for season 2 & 3 we got Agent Carter to fill in the mid season gap. I miss that show and am really anxious to watch the final pod of season 4. I went back and started watching from the beginning, just to pass the time.

The biggest problem about a hiatus is easy forgetfulness. There is so much content everywhere these days that if any show takes more than 1-2 weeks off, people forget about it completely. I forgot Gotham was on break and really just thought the season was over. If this show is not coming back until April, then it will be certainly be difficult for viewers to even remember where we left off.

Back