After talking with Sideshow...QC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For my part, I've elected to keep the item I bought. There were QC issues, and Mike has generously taken the time to respond to me on every inquiry I've made. In the end, they simply ran out of replacements, and while may or may not (I believe they did) have used another return in conjunction with factory blank accessories, I believe they did the best they could to make me happy. It was a difficult situation for me and SSC, since I'm one of the picky ones. But, I will say Mike and his crew were prompt and professional. If only we could transfer some of their own quality to the brushes at the factory.

I don't know if I'll buy any more from SSC due to QC. If I do, it'll be due to the fact I know their customer service will exhaust all options to help me if things go wrong.

For my part, I've elected to keep the item I bought. There were QC issues, and Mike has generously taken the time to respond to me on every inquiry I've made. In the end, they simply ran out of replacements, and while may or may not (I believe they did) have used another return in conjunction with factory blank accessories, I believe they did the best they could to make me happy. It was a difficult situation for me and SSC, since I'm one of the picky ones. But, I will say Mike and his crew were prompt and professional. If only we could transfer some of their own quality to the brushes at the factory.

I don't know if I'll buy any more from SSC due to QC. If I do, it'll be due to the fact I know their customer service will exhaust all options to help me if things go wrong.

It is a tough spot to be in, though i have to say i respect your attitude toward the situation. I hope things work out better for you in the future. :)

Same thing they said 2 years ago in my QC thread and things have gotten much worse. I have completely stopped buying SS products. In fact the last one I tryed to buy, they realised after charging me and calling me and making me relist for no reason all my credit card info, that they didn't even have any left it stock. Far too much wasted time and money.

They are getting too big to handle.

I'll believe it when I see it. I recommended stationing a source inspector at the Chinese plants years ago and quality has only gotten worse. My business with them reflects my dissatisfaction if you compare how much I used to order through them to what I do now.

But as always, customer service has been fantastic.

I do appreciate you passing on your story though.

I'm in the same boat. Because I know most new pieces will either come with an issue I'll have to deal with or one I'll have to address, I put a lot of thought into deciding on purchasing new pieces. The more complicated and/or expensive a piece is, the more I think about whether I'd want to deal with the hit or miss replacement process or having a potential brand new statue with factory defects.

Been a few months now, does anyone know if anything came of Sideshows quality control investigation, im guessing people who brought the tracker maquette won't think so? I hope their inspector will be presant for the Berserker as i really want that guy, and the falconer, i don't want it but i know a few people have po'd and are now nervously awaiting after seeing how the tracker turned out. I would think its in Sideshows interest to put out details of any problems they may have found and there intentions to solve them, we are on Sideshows own boards, were all fans and yet their QC is considered a joke even here, we all get excited by the reveals and the build up and then wait in fear as release date comes as we know its hit and miss as to what we may recieve quality and paint app wise. I for one would love the odd reassurance from SS once in a while, these things arent cheap.

roflbot-ENkh.jpg

14lpir4.gif

Please don't forget that "Reviews" are manipulated by SideShow staff just the "good" ones are accepted.neutral and bad ones are banned.

They should change that to "Praise" SideShow products.

I heard a lot about "certain" 1/6 figures falling straight apart after opening the box.

Back