After talking with Sideshow...QC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To warn others of the sham which is Sideshow, and where better than a SS forum :wave

Chris

DontFeedTheTrolls.jpg

We're leaving this thread open, but rude comments and images will be deleted.

Everyone has a different experience, and some people will be impossible to please no matter what.

I'd suggest if your plan is to never collect SSC product ever again, this forum isn't the place for you.

Thanks Darklord Dave. My intention wasn't to stir up someone's feud. :monkey3

The only other time I had an issue was with lint in the paint on the head of an Ex. Asajj Ventress PF. All they did was send me a new head. Didn't even ask for me to send the old one back to them.
my EX Asajj head had lint/paint smears as well. Sideshow had me smash it and send them a picture before sending me a new head.

I have heard Sideshow is gonna up quality control for about 2 years now, and have not seen one bit of change. If anything, its gotten worse.

What is more frustrating than anything with Sideshow is its wild swings from perfection to pure-suction. One week you can get a largely across the board flawless piece like Gandalf the Grey premium format, while the next week you can get a largely across the board flaw-filled piece like Spiderman Com. Its ridiculous.

By and large their 1/6 stuff is okay, minus the all to often lazy eye syndrome and/or craptastic paint apps. But again, that's wholly inconsistent too.

Statutes/comiquettes/maquettes/premium formats/busts are where Sideshow quality has nose dived in the last couple of years.

I think Sideshow grew to big to fast and the first thing to go was quality control. Thankfully their customer service has remained second to none, but you have to wonder how long it will be before that starts to suffer too.

I am still a fan of Sideshow since they handle Marvel and now G I Joe (which has been stellar and free of major issues :yess:), but the apparent continual downswing in QC is disturbing and disappointing.

Can't comment on the PF's and statues since I don't waste my time with such things, but SS has at least made the effort to improve their 1/6 figures. Compare say Anakin to Beachhead, world of difference in quality. Sure there are hicups here and there, but even mighty Hot Toys has those.

No, no, no.....:duh

They need to streamline their products though.

Dump dios, Legendary Scale Busts, 1/5 comiquettes, odd scale maquette stuff.

Stick to 1:1, 1:4 and 1:6.

They have scale A.D.D.

Less products of higher quality :lecture

Can you imagine if they gave a third of their resources to 1:6? Hot Toys would be scairt.

Actually, they could give half to 1:6, and half to 1:4 and 1:1, and they'd be able to maintain their current statue quality without interruption. Then they could reduce their statue quantity, raising the quality.

They could make three statues a year. They'd be awesome.

unfortunately i got one more piece with QC problem and reported it already to Sideshow. Aragorn Statue came with a nick! :(

nick3.png

nick.jpg

Back