Advise on Cabinet Size (Ikea Pax)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NullMind

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi everybody

I'm new here :)

I have re-kindled my love of statues recently and started buying some pieces I loved, I am manly focusing on ¼ scale, love Marvel but anything Sci-fy floats my boat.

Anyway, all my statues are currently still int he box, so I decided was time to get some display cases for them, I had settled on the Ikea PAX, because some of my current pieces are quite large and I needed the 60cm depth.

I has settled on the PAX 75x60x236, I have a space about 3.2 meter wide, so I was going to get 4 of them, as such I started to mockup how they would fit, and soon I started to run out of space, main issue are the Prime 1 Turtles, they do take allot of space

So I considered going 3 x 100x60x236 PAX instead, and get two turtles per shelf, but I wonder if it will be too much stress on it

Here are the pictures of the existing collection (a few more pieces still coming), I am looking for advise on what do you guys think it's the best option, and what will display better, thanks in advance for any comments and suggestion.

Carlos (Null)

AutoSave_Display_Cabinets_skp_-_SketchUp_Pro.jpg
AutoSave_Display_Cabinets_skp_-_SketchUp_Pro 2.jpg

I have two of the prime1 turtles per shelf and it's fine as long as you reinforce the shelves. Many posts in the forum about doing that. Go for the wider ones if you have the space

I have two of the prime1 turtles per shelf and it's fine as long as you reinforce the shelves. Many posts in the forum about doing that. Go for the wider ones if you have the space

Thanks, how about the number of shelves on a PAX ?, I was planning to use 3 shelves, but wonder if I end with the statue looking too chocked in, if I should go for 2 shelves only, you get allot of headroom on the statues, but do loose the ability to add more statues ...

Back