Star Wars Man cave / home office

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ageofstrife

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Up until recently all of my Star Wars collection has been in the attic, most of it boxed, some of it on shelves in an IKEA Pax frame, but all of it out of sight. Lockdown and working from home almost all the time now have given me an excuse to turn the spare room into a home office, and some space to put in some cabinets to bring my favourite items down from the dark.

file.php

Still plenty to do, but it's a start. Initially I was going to have a small desk at the left, a Besta frame from floor to ceiling at each end of the side wall, and a pair of Detolf on top of two Kallax cubes in between them. But I had an old desk in for a few weeks that was 120cm wide and realised it was too small, and decided to go with a desk from wall to wall using a kitchen worktop. This meant less space for cabinets, so revised the layout to have a pair of small Besta drawer units at the bottom, 3 Detolfs on top of those, two Besta single cubes suspended from rails above them, and a 128cm high Besta suspended above the desk near the window.

file.php

The larger Besta frame is yet to go to because I've got to pull the worktop out on Tuesday for blinds to be fitted in the window, and while I've put 4 core wiring for led strips between each Detolf I haven't set up the lights yet, but I couldn't wait to get items into the units to see how it all looked.

file.php

On the whole I'm happy with it, needs a few trim pieces to cover up gaps, but I'm realising I need a lot more space, this hasn't even touched the surface of what I have collected over the years.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments. :)

Added led lighting to the glass cabinets tonight. I went with a warm white / daylight white adjustable strip, it has 720 warm white and 720 daylight white LEDs, with a remote so you can adjust din and bright for each colour. The warm white always look a bit yellow, the daylight a bit blue, so this allows a mix which gives a more natural white than either.

file.php

These are a single strip cut into 150cm lengths, with a 4 core snap on connector at each end that connects each piece to a 4 core white wire bundle. Power comes in at the bottom left, up the strip on the left side stuck to the inner frame, a write bundle across the top, strip down the right side stuck to the frame. Wire bundle through a small hole drilled in the base feeds into the middle cabinet, to and repeat. And repeat once more.

The top cabinets will be lit from the same strip (it was originally 12m long, and I've used 9m so far), feed from a Y splitter at the top of the left cabinet.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Amazing collection. Can’t wait to see what else you have stashed away.

Most of it is in hard to reach boxes in the attic. Lots of LEGO; although the biggest sets like the UCS Tantive IV, UCS Star Destroyer, UCS X-Wing, Dark Side Destroyer mindstorms, first two Millennium Falcons versions, and a load of others, I had to sell years ago to pay some bills. But still have a lots of sets, including some I ordered direct from LEGO Denmark back when they were released that I never got around to opening. Money boxes, various toys, bits and pieces I've picked up or family have bought me as gifts over the years, but most of it post mid 90s. The few figures I had as a kid in 80s are long gone, lost in garden or given away.

Thanks for the comments. :)

Added led lighting to the glass cabinets tonight. I went with a warm white / daylight white adjustable strip, it has 720 warm white and 720 daylight white LEDs, with a remote so you can adjust din and bright for each colour. The warm white always look a bit yellow, the daylight a bit blue, so this allows a mix which gives a more natural white than either.

file.php
Looks great! I think hanging the Helmets above is an awesome idea! Nice work all around!:clap Would you mind posting a link to the lighting kit you used? I like the fact that you can blend the white colors and dim them. Thanks!

Last edited:
Looks great! I think hanging the Helmets above is an awesome idea! Nice work all around!:clap Would you mind posting a link to the lighting kit you used? I like the fact that you can blend the white colors and dim them. Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply, never got a notification about your post and haven't been on the forum in a while. Looks like I'll need to edit my posts to add the photos in now that Tapatalk is gone.

The LED strip I used is this one LED Strip Lights, NOVOSTELLA 12M Tunable White Light Warm White to Cool Daylight (3000K-6000K) 1440 LEDs Dimmable Lighting 24V with RF Remote for Kitchen, Under Cupboard/Counter Wardrobe : Amazon.co.uk . It's 12m long, I've used just over 10m of it along with some white 4 core wire and solderless snap connectors for 5050 strips.

So I can't edit my posts above to put in the photos that are missing, so I'll add some newer ones here instead. Also since my last post back in Feb I added the bigger Besta unit, finished the LED wiring, put in aluminium conduit for the LED strips, and added a shallow Besta for the light saber hilts on the opposite wall and mounted the blasters on hooks. Rearranged things a few times too.

Attachments

• 20210524_060642.jpg
    20210524_060642.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 20210503_085944.jpg
    20210503_085944.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 20210503_085640.jpg
    20210503_085640.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 20210425_164215.jpg
    20210425_164215.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 20210313_191811.jpg
    20210313_191811.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
No worries ageofstrife, welcome back! Thanks so much for the link. These are very nice indeed with all the adjustment.
Cheers! ☕

Back