ADD Toys: King of Khalasar (Khal Drogo) Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually ordered this one from Kit - I know in the UK Aaron at Planet Action Figures still has it up for preorder…. Not sure about US sellers?

Strange to see this sold as parts on ebay yet no one has an in-hand photo yet of the full figure?

The head looks fantastic but surely that can't be a good sign? Unless I suppose Add Toys made its lot and there's just no more to sell so no effort made to show it off for further sales

Wish someone would drop pictures of this figure in hand.

In ThreeZero's last announcement of future figures for GoT, they did say Drogo was coming so this figure has to be really solid for me to dare bet against 3Z.

Wish someone would drop pictures of this figure in hand.

In ThreeZero's last announcement of future figures for GoT, they did say Drogo was coming so this figure has to be really solid for me to dare bet against 3Z.
Yeah I find it weird not a single person has shown pics yet it's sold out on most reputable sites.

Found this unboxing video…. Looks like he turned out decent enough, just a shame about the skin tone difference between head and body.
Anyone know if it’s possible to add pigment to these rubber bodies to at least give some gradation between the two?

ADD bodies are horrible. The base is plastic instead of stainless steel like phicen or jiaou (I think). My war wolf was weak and the joints broke. Better to buy and switch out the body to a phicen. That's what I did.

Phicen will hold colors, depending on what you use. This site has a set of great info pages regarding the seamless bodies if you look deep enough.

Overall better than I would have thought. The sculpt is great. The body not so much, but it is what was promised in the proto. The color mismatch is a shame. The clothing looks really good.

If I got this, I would like to get a larger body just to minimize the bobblehead look a bit and better match the head. I know he wasn't huge, but my memory is that he was pretty big.

Overall better than I would have thought. The sculpt is great. The body not so much, but it is what was promised in the proto. The color mismatch is a shame. The clothing looks really good.

If I got this, I would like to get a larger body just to minimize the bobblehead look a bit and better match the head. I know he wasn't huge, but my memory is that he was pretty big.
I’m actually pretty impressed by what I’m seeing. It looks better than the proto to me. He looked very skinny in the initial pics. This will be a decent addition. I’m got all of TZ’s releases so far but I really don’t need two Khal Drogos so TZ’s will have to be a significant upgrade for me to get one (if they follow through on their plan to produce one). It’s all gone quiet GOT wise though. Wonder if decent sales on this will see us get another ADD toys effort. I’d love a littlefinger from them or Xensation.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a excellent 3rd party effort overall. But for me, I would have to replace the body (at least I think so)... so that's an extra cost.

But then, I can't find this available at my favorite sites right now so likely I will be waiting for 3Z anyway.

With the underscale issue on the 3Z Daenerys, it might prove a hidden blessing that this guy is on the leaner side. A much bulkier torso might make her look even tinier!
My housemate has some pigments for colouring silicone prosthetics, so I’m going to see if he can assist with toning the neck and shoulders a little when this fellow arrives… Some bloodying and muddying up might help to disguise the disparity too..?

The Khal arrived today from Kit - pretty quick turnaround to the UK…

For third party I think he looks pretty good - could probably do with getting a few more horse’s hearts in his belly, but doesn’t look out of place with the ThreeZero and Xensation stuff.

Be interesting to see now what 3Z themselves come up with…

3B09FB7A-585D-49F5-9813-C18E57D025DB.jpeg

Attachments

• 0F182EF4-33A2-4D21-8235-C9768574F44D.jpeg
    0F182EF4-33A2-4D21-8235-C9768574F44D.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 68
  • C68FFEBB-0FFE-4D77-8F6C-2857F3D44236.jpeg
    C68FFEBB-0FFE-4D77-8F6C-2857F3D44236.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 52
Oh he’s quite drastically underscaled next to the recent Jaime, but that figure itself appears quite over scaled compared to others in the range…. :-/

I think the scales are a bit all over the place anyway - particularly across the (now) three manufacturers.
He kinda looks ok with careful placement.
A 3Z version might be bulkier but with a crap sculpt… so we’ll have to see…

Attachments

• 4A7FE3A6-A9AF-43FF-94DF-E76D206AB944.jpeg
    4A7FE3A6-A9AF-43FF-94DF-E76D206AB944.jpeg
    439.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 9B2DD9C9-B46D-4658-85DF-8ADF16DE2484.jpeg
    9B2DD9C9-B46D-4658-85DF-8ADF16DE2484.jpeg
    532.3 KB · Views: 54
Back