Ackbar Bust!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that they could definitely stand to add some aliens to the 1:6 lineup. They like to stick to the easier choices whenever they can -- the Jedi, for example, have outfits that aren't super complex, and they can share a lot (though not all) of the parts between figures. I really hope we see Greedo, Bossk and Ackbar figures as well.

With the 1:1 busts, they are probably avoiding straight human busts because the number of people who want to collect a lot of busts of normal humans is probably more limited, and because getting a good likeness can be difficult. (Unlike a figure, with a bust, the likeness is pretty much the entire thing).

Last edited:
It looks like I'm the only one who sees the flaws in this piece. The neck whiskers are 60% too thick, and not near pointed enough, the nostrils are too angular, the neck detail is not squared enough, the wrinkles around the eyes are way too deep, the gap between the eyes piece and the head is way too deep, and the neck is about 2 inches too long.

It looks like I'm the only one who sees the flaws in this piece. The neck whiskers are 60% too thick, and not near pointed enough, the nostrils are too angular, the neck detail is not squared enough, the wrinkles around the eyes are way too deep, the gap between the eyes piece and the head is way too deep, and the neck is about 2 inches too long.

That's it. I'm going to my garage to get my torch and pitchfork. Who's with me?

I like it so far, but I have no idea where the heck I'd put him. I agree the eyes need to be glossed for me, glass eyes would have made this amazing. He looks a little stoned right now though...like dude, where's my cruiser...probably just the angle they took the shot at though.

That's it. I'm going to my garage to get my torch and pitchfork. Who's with me?

Look at the pictures posted on page 3 of this thread. The picture of the bust, which was quoted by the ILL Jedi, and the screen cap poster posted by Vader AL, and tell me there aren't significant differences between the bust and Ackbar. If people think the Rogue has a long neck, she's got nothing on this Ackbar bust. This is one really long neck. It looks like their bust is part turkey.

Last edited:
The neck looks fine.
AckbarStanding.jpg

admiralackbar.jpg

Well, SS did a great job with Greedo's eyes, So, maybe there's hope.

Never liked ROTJ. Thought it was one the most dissapointing movies ever coming after the thrill of ESB. Big PASS on this one.

BB

a lot of emperor face time, the vader-luke moments, vader killing the emperor, the speeder-bike scene(for the time), the Jabba scenes....ROTJ is a classic, although i do find myself fast forwarding most of the ewok battle scenes.

Never liked ROTJ. Thought it was one the most dissapointing movies ever coming after the thrill of ESB. Big PASS on this one.

BB

One's trash is another's treasure. This was my fav of the whole saga. I was 6 years old when I first saw it so maybe I'd have a different perspective had I seen it at an older age in my life. Being 31 now though it's still my favorite of the saga.

I especially love Mr. Ackbar and will be ordering this fine piece. I wonder if there'll be an exclusive edition with voice chip and motion sensor that will activate "IT'S A TRAP!"

Having 3 busts and knowing the size of the base, this thing must be HUGE. Looks really nice, just not a character worth the space and money for me, but promising that the line presses on. I love what comes out of it, but must be tough at times too, I've got 3 but this is what, 6th, 7th in the line, I can't imagine who, if anyone, has them all.

One's trash is another's treasure. This was my fav of the whole saga. I was 6 years old when I first saw it so maybe I'd have a different perspective had I seen it at an older age in my life. Being 31 now though it's still my favorite of the saga.

I especially love Mr. Ackbar and will be ordering this fine piece. I wonder if there'll be an exclusive edition with voice chip and motion sensor that will activate "IT'S A TRAP!"
well i loved Jedi the most when i was younger, but once i started appreciating SW more i began to lean towards Empire like everyone else. its just too cool to root for the bad guys!!!
~~ordered!!!!

Having 3 busts and knowing the size of the base, this thing must be HUGE. Looks really nice, just not a character worth the space and money for me, but promising that the line presses on. I love what comes out of it, but must be tough at times too, I've got 3 but this is what, 6th, 7th in the line, I can't imagine who, if anyone, has them all.
there's a lot of completists that have all of the new line busts. i can't imagine what they paid for the B&W ones if they have all of them too.
~~~you're also the one that used a mind trick on me to buy the Emperor bust!!!

That's why they need a SW LSB line. I love Star Wars aliens, but don't have the space or money for 1:1 busts. :lecture

Back