Abomination PF - epic cancellations?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't order it, but at $500+ and an ES of 350, with some really cool stuff being released 3rd quarter and more to be previewed at Comic-Con, people are going to make choices and in this economy I would see Abomination being one of the first to go.

I may be surprised though, there were alot of freaks who really liked this one and I am guessing that for any Hulk fan this would be considered a must have.

This one will be occupying SS warehouse space for a looooooong time.

It is cool though. :peace

cancelled a long time ago after that ES was announced. For $500, should be a more exclusive item.

To be honest I like the scuplt and really want to get it. I won't, however, buy it from Sideshow. To me the "exclusive" Fire hydrant is just not a draw in the least. Which means I can buy the regular addition. With an addition size of 1000 for the non-exclusive Abom will almost surely warm the Sideshow shelves for a long time to come and thus be available cheap on Ebay.

I canceled once I heard the edition size as well. I really do like it but price + ES + size means I have a feeling a deal will be found on eBay for a regular if I'm patient.

I don't know who is running Sideshow but I complained about this when it was first annouced. At nearly $200 dollars above a PF Hulk many fans just couldn't justify the cost. If the price was lower around what the Hulk sold for then I could buy it. Plus I couldn't see myself paying this much for a villian who is not my favorite. With the economy is the tank and my income as well I must be very selective. Sorry Sideshow no sale.

i've still got mine on order, though come closer to shipping i might cancel as well. i have a feeling that this will become the next Thing for sideshow. while yes the combined es is quite lower, if you take into account the hefty price tag and the not so popular ex. idea, this ones hitting bottom in about 6-12 months just like the Thing.

the only thing that might keep the price up is that these first have to get into the publics hand before they get cheaper, and at a $500 ticket they might not even get out of ssc warehouse.:rolleyes:

I kind of hope so . . . I would like to cancel my order and use the points I have to lower the price to a more reasonable one . . . and even then I would need the flexpay option . . .

I really like it though . . .

I used a ton of points on the EX! I will keep it!
Plus can you guys just see the photos Im going to take! :)

It's an awesome piece, no doubt about it, it looks overpriced yeah but until you see it in person you can't be sure, catalogue piccies never do pieces complete justice:(

Agreed!
I can tell you he is going to be huge!! Maybe even a tad bigger than Hulk PF!
This is going to be a real monster! Wait till I get my hands on this and post some pics! Then eveyone will be sorry! :rolleyes:

You have seen my set up I did on the Avengers as of late...right?

Agreed!
This is going to be a real monster! Wait till I get my hands on this and post some pics! Then eveyone will be sorry! :rolleyes:

You're extremely modest too!

Squider never brags about his pictures....just sayin....:monkey3

Agreed!

Yeah I saw it, very colourful the way I like it. My collection is such a variety of licences that I can't bring myself to buy a Marvel PF cause if I had one I'd need them all & space is my enemy:lol I joined the game too late to get the earlier SS Marvel PF's, if I was collecting when they did their first one I'd be having them all like yourself.

Nothing wrong with having an inflated ego:lol Squider doesn't need to say anything, the sheer amount of pictures he takes does the bragging:angelsmil:eek:

Last edited:

In fact nothing wrong with putting the word out on these pics! I want Sideshow to see them and say:

"Wow! We should make a wasp or a Fraking Giant man to go with these great statues of ours"

Boys, Im on your team I like to have more great Marvel PF characters that make sense!

I also dont mind bringing attention to my good friend Arahoms Antman!
The guy has some serious talent!

Back