Abomination PF - epic cancellations?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets look at this another way. At $500 a pop....that is $425,000 worth of Abomination statues. Do you really think this economy has over $425,000 to burn on sideshow statues?

Of course 500$ is pretty much... But I think the balance between Abomination and for example Classic IM justifies the price.

Of course 500$ is pretty much... But I think the balance between Abomination and for example Classic IM justifies the price.

Justification doesnt equate with sales. You can be completely justified in the price, but people have a certain amount they can spend and that doesnt change based on the size of a figure.

Definitely!
If you just spotlight the prices of the PFs you're right.
I started collecticting about 16 months ago. So I had to buy several collectibles on secondary market (for example Hulk and Cap), so I'm used to spend a little bit more for collectibles... Maybe I don't consider this fact. :peace

Just look at this beauty!!

He is massive! Bigger is better in this case for sure!
I just made space for him, moved my Avengers on my L shaped desk! Freed up a ton of space!

AbominationHulk.jpg
[/QUOTE]

There are a lot who just collect PFs. The last one was Mystique and currently we only have Abomination coming. So we have a lot of time to save some money. I don't think we'll see this PF on second chance (talking about the Ex.)...

Well the Thing EX is up as a second chance and the modern regulars are reduced in price to move them out. There are only 250 Modern and 750 EX and they still aren't moving fast. These may have been a good idea in the board room of Sideshow at the time but nowthey have a lot of product on the shelf. Mystique, Abom and Namor aren't moving so hot either. I think SS should talk with collectors to get a clue of what people will spend money on otherwise a lot of stuff will sit in the warehouse and collect dust.

I kind of hope so . . . I would like to cancel my order and use the points I have to lower the price to a more reasonable one . . . and even then I would need the flexpay option . . .

I really like it though . . .

Same here.
No matter what I'm still getting one. I love it!!

Anything that doesn't fit in my Besta shelf has been canceled...even if it's $299.

Even though he's expensive I still want him. He's got that extreme massiveness that I love in premium formats. He's literally 2 PF's in 1.

Even though he's expensive I still want him. He's got that extreme massiveness that I love in premium formats. He's literally 2 PF's in 1.

Maybe even 2.5........he looks awesome now with the darker skin, a-lot less cartoony and much more menacing although i'm sure some might miss that. Not that he had looked bad previously mind you.

Although with the darker tone, his undies really stick out now!

I agree about feeling like the hydrant was going to smack me upside the head but so did his speedos...:google

Looks good...his massiveness and darker look might make me throw some green at em.....and i'm not talking about The Hulk...

Speaking of green, I wonder if Rommel's Hulk pose is a better match for the Abom PF vs the SS one...:dunno

Last edited:
Maybe even 2.5........he looks awesome now with the darker skin, alot less cartoony and much more menacing although i'm sure some might miss that. Not that he looked bad previously mind you.

Although with the darker tone, his undies really stick out now!

I agree about feeling like the hydrant was going to smack me upside the head but so did his speedos...:google

Looks good...his massiveness and darker look might make me throw some green at em.....and i'm not talking about The Hulk...

Speaking of green, I wonder if Rommel's Hulk pose is a better match for the Abom PF vs the SS one...:dunno

No way Im going to miss this big A@@ monster. His undies just need a little dirt on them, very easy fix.

As far as Rommel's Hulk pose....it was done so you buy his Juggy!

I will take pics for you ASAP when its here and then you can decide for yourself.

The 360 still says "Prototype" on it. I wouldn't get my hopes up yet.

Back