Abomination PF - epic cancellations?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed!
I can tell you he is going to be huge!! Maybe even a tad bigger than Hulk PF!
This is going to be a real monster! Wait till I get my hands on this and post some pics! Then eveyone will be sorry! :rolleyes:

You have seen my set up I did on the Avengers as of late...right?

We all know that Abom will be big and this is a great sculpt. The main problem is the price. Most collectors can't really afford the $500 price tag and still buy other things. For those who can afford this good for them but for those who can't oh well, I know I won't lose any sleep over it. Perhaps a opportunity will arise again for others and myself to get this at a later time, but not right now at this price. Will I be sorry for not spending the rent money on this? maybe but I will be just as happy with the other stuff I got.

Last edited:
We all know that Abom will be big and this is a great sculpt. The main problem is the price. Most collectors can't really afford the $500 price tag and still buy other things. For those who can afford this good for them but for those who can't oh well, I know I won't lose any sleep over it. Perhaps a opportunity will arise again for others and myself to get this at a later time, but not right now at this price. Will I be sorry for not spending the rent money on this? maybe but I will be just as happy with the other stuff I got.

Yes I totally get it! Thats a lot of $$ to spend at one time. I would have not done it if I didnt use all my reward points on this monster. Im sure I will be very happy at the end that I did.

Im sure for others the opportunity will come up once more.

It's not just the price, but the ES as well. It's inflated by a good 150. The EX choice could have been better. This guy is gonna end up right next to Thing. Feel sorry for all those who wasted their points.

Last edited:
It's not just the price, but the ES as well. It's inflated by a good 150. This guy is gonna end up right next to Thing. Feel sorry for all those who wasted their points.

Well I don't think you can really waste your points. You would only put your points on something you really wanted. So its only wasting points if you assume everyone elses opinion is the same as your own.

Well I don't think you can really waste your points. You would only put your points on something you really wanted. So its only wasting points if you assume everyone elses opinion is the same as your own.

Thats the thing, we really haven't seen it yet. For all we know it could end up smaller than expected. I remember reading about this type of speculation on statue forum. They should be putting up a BSP about now.

As for the points, this guy is headed for discount land.

yeah it's not a waste if you really like it and want it, and used the points to get it down to a reasonable price imo.

Price and the lack of space is what made me pass on this one. I am convinced this will be one huge piece to behold, but I can't justify having another large item when I have The Thing and Hulk already taking up most of my room.

Yes I totally get it! Thats a lot of $$ to spend at one time. I would have not done it if I didnt use all my reward points on this monster. Im sure I will be very happy at the end that I did.

Im sure for others the opportunity will come up once more.

At $500 a piece not including shipping (pray for those who ship overseas) I see a lot of these sitting in Sideshow's warehouse next to the Thing and Namor. I have save up a few reward points but I'm not gonna blow them on Abom so I'll wait for Classic Juggernaut or Thanos.

Thats the thing, we really haven't seen it yet. For all we know it could end up smaller than expected. I remember reading about this type of speculation on statue forum. They should be putting up a BSP about now.

As for the points, this guy is headed for discount land.

No this piece is going to be real big and shipping is going to be a bear. Yeah there are quite a few unsold regular pieces left and I suspect a lot of cancellations just before this thing ships especially the way the economy is going. Just like The Thing & Namor a second opportunity is coming up soon and if Sideshow drops their price I might jump in and get one (just for the points) otherwise it can sit there until DoomsDay or I win the lottery.

Price and the lack of space is what made me pass on this one. I am convinced this will be one huge piece to behold, but I can't justify having another large item when I have The Thing and Hulk already taking up most of my room.

Between Hulk, Thing and Namor they eat up a lot of space. Abom will further complicate things. Be prepared to have a lot of dedicated space. Look at the pic below.

AbominationHulk.jpg

It's not just the price, but the ES as well. It's inflated by a good 150. The EX choice could have been better. This guy is gonna end up right next to Thing. Feel sorry for all those who wasted their points.

For real it could have been better. WTF a fire hydrant? They charge $500.00 and all they could come up with is a fire hydrant? This sculpt is big enough for him to have a smashed up car in the other hand.

The discounts won't be from SSC they'll be from Retailers trying to unload a big ass box from their warehouses. They'll be some dirt cheap Abominations but they'll all be regulars and they'll all be on eBay and once those are gone it'll be retail or nothing. I mean, look at the Van Helsing PF, its been rotting shelves for years now with nothing more than a 15% discount on it at best when on eBay at one time you could get it for under $100. Abom will follow that trend but probably not that cheap.

There are a lot who just collect PFs. The last one was Mystique and currently we only have Abomination coming. So we have a lot of time to save some money. I don't think we'll see this PF on second chance (talking about the Ex.)...

There are a lot who just collect PFs. The last one was Mystique and currently we only have Abomination coming. So we have a lot of time to save some money. I don't think we'll see this PF on second chance (talking about the Ex.)...

Oh I think we will. Only PFs or not...$500 is a little too rich for a lot of people's blood. Especially since the exclusive is only the fire hydrant. If it was a swap out mangled face like the old Marvel Legends figure....that would be a different story.

Agreed on the Exclusive one. I am not sure about the regular with 1000 of these.

IMO the people who would be buying this most likely own a SS Hulk already. That means there are 1179 hulks, both green (1000) and Exc grey (179 I think).

With the Abomination totaling to 850 (500 regular and 350 Exc), SS may be thinking that anyone who has the Hulk will get his nemisis, and hence the extra charge.

Only thing though: Is it a safe bet to assume that everyone who has a SS Hulk will want a Abomination? If the answer is yes, then the price of this is justified as it will increase immediately in value. If the answer is no, then we have a major discount coming in 6 months to a years time. Let face it, just look at the storage issue alone with 500 of these sitting in a warehouse. They are not exactly small.

Agreed on the Exclusive one. I am not sure about the regular with 1000 of these.

IMO the people who would be buying this most likely own a SS Hulk already. That means there are 1179 hulks, both green (1000) and Exc grey (179 I think).

With the Abomination totaling to 850 (500 regular and 350 Exc), SS may be thinking that anyone who has the Hulk will get his nemisis, and hence the extra charge.

Only thing though: Is it a safe bet to assume that everyone who has a SS Hulk will want a Abomination? If the answer is yes, then the price of this is justified as it will increase immediately in value. If the answer is no, then we have a major discount coming in 6 months to a years time. Let face it, just look at the storage issue alone with 500 of these sitting in a warehouse. They are not exactly small.

Lets look at this another way. At $500 a pop....that is $425,000 worth of Abomination statues. Do you really think this economy has over $425,000 to burn on sideshow statues?

The discounts won't be from SSC they'll be from Retailers trying to unload a big ass box from their warehouses. They'll be some dirt cheap Abominations but they'll all be regulars and they'll all be on eBay and once those are gone it'll be retail or nothing. I mean, look at the Van Helsing PF, its been rotting shelves for years now with nothing more than a 15% discount on it at best when on eBay at one time you could get it for under $100. Abom will follow that trend but probably not that cheap.

I'm in agreement here, i think u'll find all the regs u want but not too many Ex's

Back