A New Hope Han!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really, I have high hopes for how stunning that one done by Sideshow would look, perhaps you'll change your mind if they do it and it's uber impressive :)

I might. But as far as figures of Han that I wanted, he's now complete for me. Doesn't mean I won't grab others... just means I don't HAVE to.

But yeah, if the carbon block has working lights, that will be mighty tempting...

Ditto, this will be my last Han too.

It is the end of HAN as we know it... :)

I might. But as far as figures of Han that I wanted, he's now complete for me. Doesn't mean I won't grab others... just means I don't HAVE to.

But yeah, if the carbon block has working lights, that will be mighty tempting...

Ditto, I'm as indecisive as WG:lol

It is the end of HAN as we know it... :)

Ahh, well from that POV, I'm the same, I won't be looking for another Han either, but I don't see myself not getting others if they're made :)

And he is the shat!!!

Trevolver:bow

:duff Yes he is.

120607solo.jpg

1.jpg

Sean, how do you always manage to find the shots that look like they would have been the reference shots given to SS? :lol And SS that shot RIGHT there shows how loose Han's belt should be. And he should also have the double pronged belt.

The sculpt is Harrison, the eye paint is not.

Yep, that was my first thought too. The sculpt looks much more like Han this time around, but the eyes are throwing it off. The lips may be slightly off, but not much.

This rounds out the ANH heroes quite nicely, although there is the obvious farmboy Luke missing. With 3 Lukes in 2 years, I could wait for the next Luke.

I'm guessing Yavin Ceremony exclusive like the PF? Medal/shirt?

I'm getting the entire line so I'm in for all the Han's even though he's not my fave but this is the version I want of him the most.

Sean, how do you always manage to find the shots that look like they would have been the reference shots given to SS? :lol And SS that shot RIGHT there shows how loose Han's belt should be. And he should also have the double pronged belt.

I'm a big picture buff, to insane degrees lol. I probably have over 5000 Star Wars images alone stored on my pc for referencer and graphics projects and all. I learn much from studying promotional images and magazine photos, helps me get ideas and build a style. I wish there were more high resolution images from the OT, thankfully the PT provided loads of them.

I'm in since I don't have the other Han and this one is more well known. Even if it doesn't turn out as well as I'd like I think it'll still be worth it. I really wonder what his exclusive is though. Maybe a stormtrooper utility belt since he kept that when he took off the armor?

Originally Posted by MaulFan said:
The sculpt is Harrison, the eye paint is not.

Yes, I agree. Very nice start! Shows more promise than Bespin Han, I'm afraid.

Who here thinks that maybe Sideshow will do a Ceremony Han version with the white Rebel Fleet Trooper style shirt and medal for SDCC this year? We got Ceremony Luke last year?

I too think we'll get a Stormtrooper belt and blaster. Maybe the gloves, rag and maybe the headset for the exclusive. I say MAYBE for the headset since I don't know how it would fit on the head with all of that hair. You would almost need a new sculpt for the hair.

Hey, that gives me an idea.....interchangeable HAIR! :monkey1

The sculpt is probably good but I guess it's the paint that's leaving me unimpressed. And his shirt was definitely not pure white.

Uh-oh, I don't love it. how dare I? :monkey2

wow, my internet was down for a couple of hours, so this really came as a surprise to see Han previewed!

I fully expected a mixed reaction. As everyone knows....Harrison Ford is TOUGH. I have no idea why, but I've studied him to death this year...he's not an easy man to sculpt.

I knew whatever I could offer would be both despised and embraced to some degree. This sculpt killed me! :) It's a really scary obligation when you get to sculpt a Star Wars character.

hopefully you guys will be quite happy with it when you see some more shots...but you never know!

"gee kid...you must have hit pretty close to the mark(or not) to get them all roweled up! ;)"

thanks guys!
Trev

wow, my internet was down for a couple of hours, so this really came as a surprise to see Han previewed!

I fully expected a mixed reaction. As everyone knows....Harrison Ford is TOUGH. I have no idea why, but I've studied him to death this year...he's not an easy man to sculpt.

I knew whatever I could offer would be both despised and embraced to some degree. This sculpt killed me! :) It's a really scary obligation when you get to sculpt a Star Wars character.

hopefully you guys will be quite happy with it when you see some more shots...but you never know!

"gee kid...you must have hit pretty close to the mark(or not) to get them all roweled up! ;)"

thanks guys!
Trev

Trev, count me in as insanely pleased. I had an idea that a Han was coming since the Freaks party but no idea which one or sculpted by whom. I have to say for me, personally, it is brilliant. :bow Now please don't get sniped by another rival company. :lol

Trev, you seem to be Sideshow's go-to guy for sculpts lately. I think Han looks great. Nice job! :duff

We've seen Trev's Indy sculpt, so he obviously knows how to nail Ford's likeness. This Han sculpt does look like Harrison, it just looks a bit too young imo and there's something weird going on with the eyes, but that could just be a paint issue.

Back