A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My collection as of today. Fellow freak Figurefreaks suggested these u-bolts as a means to customize the cabinet so I can now fit Avatar Jake Sully in.

IMAG1757.jpg

Got a link or can you explain what you did to fit Sully in? Will need to do something similar myself when Hulk arrives :)

They'll be along soon enough, they are going warp speed through them.

Strange though how they are listing them all for this year, no way they'll all ship on time, why not be more realistic with the dates? :dunno

Agree. Unless HT tripled their factory size. :lol

I'm sure a couple Avengers will get pushed. And I can guarantee that MGS stuff will too. Batman stuff will more then likely be out in time.

Today with the reveal of Angelica and Jim Gordon it was almost as if there were two gangs, one saying they look amazing and are spot-on and another saying they're bad with no likeness at all, for Gordon people are debating to get this or get the next version thats bound to come along.

We all know about the Joker socks madness. With the new Dark Knight Rises Batman DX12 figure there has been a number of complaints about inaccuracy, some valid and some just plain ridiculous

rdpeG.jpg

Someone even made this to mock the nitpicking that people makes over these figures

dx12.jpg

There have been complaints that the latest Captain America doesn't look enough like Chris Evans, something about the eyes or jaw or lips.

attachment.php

________

Now i understand the desire to have a figure as good as it could be, but things have been getting worse lately, every figure is dissected in minute detail for those little unimportant things that make it not 100% authentic and then ridiculed for them.

A great looking figure is put down because it doesn't look exactly 1:1 like the actor, the soles of the shoes aren't the right shade of brown or the logo not the correct circumphrance.

It seems people are becoming more and more spoilt and petty with each figure, where does it end? Big issues like the entire wrong colour of the Red Skull's uniform i can understand, a face that look nothing like it's supposed to aswell, but the posts about the costume detailing being a millimeter to far to the left of the roots of the hair the wrong colour are so not important when compared to how much is going right with the figure.

While I agree that some of the complaints are ridiculous I just have to sit on the fence. Why? Because someone might call my complaints about something ridiculous. Who decides what is or isn't an objectively ridiculous complaint? No one. Because you can't. Different things are more important to some than others.

While I agree that some of the complaints are ridiculous I just have to sit on the fence. Why? Because someone might call my complaints about something ridiculous. Who decides what is or isn't an objectively ridiculous complaint? No one. Because you can't. Different things are more important to some than others.

:exactly::goodpost::lecture OCD is OCD enough.

And hey these figures are getting more and more expensive ,people the right to be more picky, they should be as perfect as they can be.

And they are for the most part. :dunno

Want more, then pay $800 + for customs, etc.

I get it it just seems to be more petty, people get aggitated over the slightest little thing it doesn't seem to matter that nearly everything else is correct. Expectactions of perfection are too high imo

I get it it just seems to be more petty, people get aggitated over the slightest little thing it doesn't seem to matter that nearly everything else is correct. Expectactions of perfection are too high imo

Most of the nay comments are from people who shelled out decent $$$ for the customs. And honestly I dont blame them, as its a pain in the ass to have a subpar figure in term of just weeks or months. Just like what HT have been doin with their Iron mans and Jokers.

It used to bother me, but now I dont let it bug me that much anymore. I'll just sell the old figure when theres a teaser, and just considered the loss as renting the figure.:lol

I think some of it comes from people trying to talk themselves out of buying a figure. If they let themselves focus on the horrific inaccuracy of a tiny part of Batman's neck armor, they don't have to spend the $260 on the figure.

Most of the nay comments are from people who shelled out decent $$$ for the customs. And honestly I dont blame them, as its a pain in the ass to have a subpar figure in term of just weeks or months. Just like what HT have been doin with their Iron mans and Jokers.

It used to bother me, but now I dont let it bug me that much anymore. I'll just sell the old figure when theres a teaser, and just considered the loss as renting the figure.:lol

A loss? I have yet to see an old version HT figure selling less than MSRP unless something is missing/broken. Still seeing a lot of dx02 bats selling for 400 and Dx01 jokers for 400. Remember, these figures had a MSRP of only 169!!

I'm a new HT collector and it's a curse and a blessing. Love all the reissues because I now have a chance to own them, but the MSRP on these newer DXs are 100 dollars more than the original!
Still better than paying 600 for a dx01 when the new joker 2.0 wasn't announced.

It seems people are becoming more and more spoilt and petty with each figure, where does it end? Big issues like the entire wrong colour of the Red Skull's uniform i can understand, a face that look nothing like it's supposed to aswell, but the posts about the costume detailing being a millimeter to far to the left of the roots of the hair the wrong colour are so not important when compared to how much is going right with the figure.

It seems to happen as the prices go up. People expect more for $200 or $270 than for $150.

It seems to happen as the prices go up. People expect more for $200 or $270 than for $150.

I'd agree with this statement. The difference is what inaccuracies people will stomach for +$200 figure.

I go for the most obvious which is the sculpt. The first thing anyone notices in my collection is whether it accurately reflects the actor.

Whether they use the wrong color, design or took liberties on the costume to make it fit for 1/6th scale doesn't matter (to me). Other people it drives nuts. We all have our nitpicks and opinions.

What I like is the collectors who piss and moan about complainers because a particular figure is fine to them yet in another thread they find something amiss and become the whiner but it's ok. Freaks :lol

What I like is the collectors who piss and moan about complainers because a particular figure is fine to them yet in another thread they find something amiss and become the whiner but it's ok. Freaks :lol

Yeah thats what I was talking about in my previous post pretty much. Everyone else is a whiner until its something HT did wrong that you care about but your complaint is valid, its not whining. Well how convenient.

People just need to mind their own. If someone seems to be particularly @ n @ l just leave them to it, if you think they do it so often as to be a nuisance then put them on ignore. Of course the old complainers VS complainers about the complainers thing will never die. Some people may cut it out but there'll always be someone else to replace them.

Has anybody got the realease dates of all the up coming Hot Toys?

I am talking Luke Skywalker, Av. Captain America, T2 etc?

I need to plan the old budget! :)

Back