A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted this in the Iron Man Mk IV thread, but I only got a couple of replies. I'm hoping that people that watch this thread might have some experience with getting replacement parts from Hot Toys.

I finally got a reply from Hot Toys about my flawed Mk IV head. Apparently they want me to send the defective head to them at:

"Hot Toys Ltd.

Add: ROOM 2201-2203A, NANYANG PLAZA, 57 HUNG TO ROAD, KWUN TONG, KOWLOON, HONG KONG"

And they want me to send it before anything else happens. I have a week to send confirmation that I've sent the head, or they can't guarantee that they'll have replacement stock.

I don't doubt them. Just wanted to confirm with anyone else who has dealt with this before that this is SOP.

However, I don't like the idea of not having the head to my Iron Man, and maybe not ever getting the replacement.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Just send it and don't have the head for a couple of weeks.
Its not the end of the world. :wink1:

P.S. You will get a replacement.

I posted this in the Iron Man Mk IV thread, but I only got a couple of replies. I'm hoping that people that watch this thread might have some experience with getting replacement parts from Hot Toys.

I finally got a reply from Hot Toys about my flawed Mk IV head. Apparently they want me to send the defective head to them at:

"Hot Toys Ltd.

Add: ROOM 2201-2203A, NANYANG PLAZA, 57 HUNG TO ROAD, KWUN TONG, KOWLOON, HONG KONG"

And they want me to send it before anything else happens. I have a week to send confirmation that I've sent the head, or they can't guarantee that they'll have replacement stock.

I don't doubt them. Just wanted to confirm with anyone else who has dealt with this before that this is SOP.

However, I don't like the idea of not having the head to my Iron Man, and maybe not ever getting the replacement.
Thanks in advance for any help.

HT has some of the worst customer service in the biz. Unfortunately, you need to mail it off and hope it doesn't get lost and then wait about a month or so to get a replacement. Make sure to email them after 3 weeks and ask about the status of your replacement. That said, at least you got a response from them. Most needing suit replacements for their DX02s had to call them out publicly on Facebook before they even got a response.

Right then, lads, it's been a few months. So how is everybody doing?

What on preorder? What's will be? what are you deliberating over?

Right now, I am expecting Odin any minute now with Thor to quickly follow.
I also got Superman and Tracker on PO. I dared not miss him so put his order in before any of the other Hot Toys I hope to get. He will have prime spot in the detolf.

I actually wasn't planning on buying Tracker this soon but as he is starting to show up, I panicked and bought him late last night! :panic:

As soon as I can I hope to get Mark II unleashed, Indiana Jones and Mark V. I just hope they don't bottle neck like everything else is right now.

Would love to get Tron and really tempted by Ghost Rider but I don't think I can manage them.

Where are the rest of you at?

What's up Eamon! :wave
It's been some months indeed!

I, too, am waiting for Thor. I'm expecting word from my seller this or next week, telling me he has got him in stock. Usually it takes him about a month after HK release to get figures, so could be soon! :rock :rock :rock

Besides Thor I have Jack Sparrow DX on PO.

That's it for now, but I'm definitely adding Captain America to that list, and perhaps Odin as well.

I'm planning on creating an Avengers shelf eventually! :rock :rock :rock

SS just shipped my Thor and Bruce Lee, also picked up a few Mark VI and Barney Ross recently too. Need to find me a GR for a decent price before they skyrocket. Not expecting my WL to convert for GR from SS.

I actually wasn't planning on buying Tracker this soon but as he is starting to show up, I panicked and bought him late last night! :panic:

:lol:lol:lol ..i done the exact same thing yesterday!:hi5::slap

It look's to be the best of the super predators and also the best pred to date imo.

Now to answer your question, i got Sweeney and Sparrow on order, DX Bruce arriving hopefully tomorrow ..and piecing my kato joker together piece by piece. ..i will need to sell a few bit's if i'm to get the Mark V and spiderman when they are released, i would like to get the MII AU but i'm still not sold on the improved proportions i will wait for inhand pics before i make a decision on that one.

..and yes i will need to po supes asap!:panic:

I've had a couple of the T1 Terminators for a while and costumed a third (Bought everything loose) as a Police Shot Out version. Had Barney Ross, and just got Ghost Rider the other day from BBTS. I'm waiting on UPS for Thor; who should be here Tuesday via Sideshow, and have Odin, Reeve Superman x2, Spiderman 3, Tracker, and Indiana Jones on pre-order.
I'm planning on passing on the Pirates (and all Johnny Depp) figures; the Bruce Lee figures (Not by choice) Green Goblin 2 from Spiderman 3, Loki (if one is made), Avatar figures and all the TRON figures.
I will definitely put in a pre-order for the Smooth Criminal MJ, Keaton Batman when it's offered, as well as the Original Predator from Predators, Jason Statham as Christmas from the Expendables (unless they’ve changed their minds on him now)and any additional T1 and T2 figures. I'm really hoping Hot Toys will re-release the T1 BD Endoskeleton. It's the only way I'll ever be able to squeeze it in to my budget.
Bought the three key COO Model pieces and customized my T2 Terminator into a Cyberdyne Shot Out version. I wished I’d bought a second to keep as a Mall version, but you know what they say about hindsight.
I’ve got to draw the line somewhere and that’s about where it is.

I am still waiting for Thor for Toys2 :impatient: I'll probably get Odin from AE before Thor :mad:

Otherwise, I have ready and waiting

Dx Jack Sparrow
Dx Indiana Jones
Spiderman
Superman

Once announced, I will order

Captain America
89 Batman
89 Joker
Green Lantern
X Men First Class

Would love to order Thor and Captain America, but I think I'll just wait for the Avengers.

On preorder so far:
DX Jack Sparrow
Sweeney Todd
Superman

Thinking about Indy, just depends on final sculpt

Got Indy and Supes ordered.

Plan on ordering a Magneto, Hal Jordan and Captain America as soon as they are shown/ordered.

Thinking about Jack Sparrow since my girlfriend wants the Penelope figure, if she's pretty when she's shown. :lol

I really want the 89 Batman and Joker...that movie brings back a lot of good memories of that summer...it was bat crazy all over the place.

Thor will be my first HT figure in almost two years.

I'm getting Thor next week. I'm passing on Odin because I want Loki so much more. I honestly didn't care much for Odin and can't afford to purchase a figure of a character I'm not crazy about.

My most anticipated figure is Magneto from First Class (I hope HT is intelligent enough to start with him), and I'll buy any other FC figures they make.

That's about it.

I just want the Sucker Punch girls (Babydoll and Amber only, really) and Angelica from Pirates. If they make Emma Frost or Carol Ferris I'd be interested in either, but they both seem pretty unlikely.

I just preordered the Mark IV Special Project. It will be my first HT figure, and the floodgates are now open!

I did have an Ezio and a Mark VI in my waitlist, but I am sure they will never convert since I am so late to the game here. I plan on preordering the Superman and Spider-Man figures shortly as well.

I have heard of the 89 Batman and Joker and I will absolutely order those as soon as we see more and are able to. I really look forward to seeing what we get from X-Men First Class and Captain America as well!

I got Spiderman, Tracker, New Goblin and Bruce Lee Suit ver all on order form Hot Toys plus a extra body... Hot Toys has been sucking me dry as of late... So many other figures I want to buy this year Metal Gear Solid, Batman 89 and the rest of Platoon line... Who knows what else Hot Toys will throw are way???

I still need to pick up Falconer and the Tracker but I'm really looking forward too Supes.

I really hope we get a confirmation of a Police Shootout T-800 and Classic Predator at SDCC though.

Looking forward to tracker, Indy , Alice from res afterlife and superman! All have been preorderd! Waiting for Lee Christmas(statham) from Expendables and Elias and Lerner from the Platoon line!

Just got ghostrider this week and I think he's one of the best overall. Maybe not in detail or sculpt but presence on the shelf he sells it!
Hopefully thor and odin within a month.

here is an update of the figures I own. Im looking for a good deal to get King Leonidas then I will get Thor.

DX JOKER
DX BATMAN
DX MICHAEL JACKSON (BAD)
DX BRUCE LEE
RAMBO (M65 JACKET)
ROCKY (ITALIAN STALLION)
DUTCH
PREDATOR
GODFATHER
WOLVERINE
BLADE
T2 T-800