A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I now have some money in paypal from selling the stuff I listed earlier so am now wondering what's the next one I should order, Leonidas, Tony Stark or Aldo. Depends who's getting released first. Anybody know about that?

I believe thats Tony Stark Eamon.

Yeah I think Tony's coming first, then Leonidas and after that Aldo. At least that was the order of announcement if I'm not mistaken...

I just got my processing notice on The Comedian!

Congrats Ween!! :rock

Blade really really blew me a way. He rocks...especially if you like Blade II movie. Best head sculpt so far too I think.
The Comedian is a fine figure too but not my fav. He could be bulkier.
He looks really good with the others on display though and if you lov eyour movie icons, he's a must have I think.

So Glad i got Blade...just waiting for it to arrive......cant wait.....:wacky:wacky

Rubber bodies look good, but suck complete ass.

As elite as people would like to think of themselves as, 1/6 figures will always be toy action figures, no matter how much you pay.

Don't like joints, buy statues.

well, that's oversimplifying things just a tad.

the joint issue is only an issue (to me) when the character's body is fairly exposed. like wolverine. the rest of the time, with characters that are fully-clothed/costumed, it's a non-issue. either that or when the joints are part of the character design (eg: robocop, terminators), those are fine too. the joints on characters that have no joints in real life just bug the heck outta me. i went to great lengths to obscure the joints on my predator1 figure. would've been so much more realistic if it had been hidden to begin with. but the upside is, as all of us know, the posability of a 1/6 figure, vs the fixed pose of a statue. i'm just greedy i guess. :D

Oh cool thanks guys! I would prefer Leonidas first but Tony is good too! I'll place my order today then!

but the upside is, as all of us know, the posability of a 1/6 figure, vs the fixed pose of a statue. i'm just greedy i guess. :D

I have totally stopped getting statues now I've discovered Hot Toys.
I have quite a few statues (All MOTU statues, CS Moore and Arh) and I love them all but I cannot take them down off the shelf and look at them, pick them up and pook and prod while having a j, something I find quite rewarding on a friday night while watching Jonathan Ross. I cannot do that with statues.

To me Hot Toys offer and often surpass the detail and craftmanship of statues.

So what do you guys think about the Marvel announcement?

Of the top of my head, I'd love a good Mystique or a Storm.

It's kinda hard to imaging how HT would handle the likes of Hulk and others.

Well, I don't know what HT approach will be to the Marvel characters? Will they be comic based or reality based? I have faith that HT commit to the quality they normally put into their products. Now what I'd really like to see is HT take on the DC licenses.

Are you referring to that catalogue handed out at Anicom last year? At this point we have the Iron Man movies, Blade 2, Wolverine, and a Ghost Rider tease. I wouldn't mind a confirmation on exactly what is on the cards, as well as what the story is with that rumour a few months back of X-Men movie figures as well as comic Spidey, Venom and Carnage.

Are you referring to that catalogue handed out at Anicom last year? At this point we have the Iron Man movies, Blade 2, Wolverine, and a Ghost Rider tease. I wouldn't mind a confirmation on exactly what is on the cards, as well as what the story is with that rumour a few months back of X-Men movie figures as well as comic Spidey, Venom and Carnage.

That catalog confirmed that they would be doing the Spider-man and X-Men movies although I don't think we've had any confirmation of comic versions of any characters.

That was before Spider-Man 4 was canned. They might be rethinking their strategy. All I want is a new Wolverine and Cyclops.

There is no new Blade movie on the horizon, but they made Blade. The only question on Spider-man is whether they'll do a Toby or wait for the new film.

Ironman and Wolverine were announced before the Marvel tease and IMO they don't count towards the trilogy lineup (X-Men, Spiderman and Blade). An argument can be made for battle-damage IM and Tont Stark Mech Suit since they were announced afterwards however, I consider them part of the IM lineup.

Blade is the only figure released or announced since the trilogy announcement in July 09. :(

I have totally stopped getting statues now I've discovered Hot Toys.
I have quite a few statues (All MOTU statues, CS Moore and Arh) and I love them all but I cannot take them down off the shelf and look at them, pick them up and pook and prod while having a j, something I find quite rewarding on a friday night while watching Jonathan Ross. I cannot do that with statues.

To me Hot Toys offer and often surpass the detail and craftmanship of statues.

that sounds vaguely disturbing, for some reason. :D

and yes, ht's paint apps far exceed many so-called high end statues. i wonder if ht's figures would be taken more seriously by statue/size elitists if they were bigger, say 1/4 scale. that size would put them pretty much in PF territory, with the advantage of poseability!

I started collecting HT a mere 2 1/2 months ago with DX Joker,I plan to get The Godfather,followed by DX Batman,and maybe someday,the Iron Man line,Christopher Reeve Superman is a must.

Decided to go down to Ikea today! Man, that was a long winded experience.

Anyways I got this great display case. No lights yet though but I'm delighted with it.
Those of you in the UK, they are 39 quid!

photo.jpg

Nice display. Really need to get some detolfs or something rather than the weak unstable shelving I have everything on.

Back