9/11

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was unemployed at the time, sitting in front of the computer. I never had any interest in the news or politics before that day. I turned on the TV to here reports that the first plane had crashed into the tower. I witnessed the second plane crash live a few minutes later.

I'll never forget the sickening feeling I had at the thought of people choosing to jump to their deaths or be burned alive.

My TV has been on the news ever since. It's the first thing I check in the morning and the last thing I usualy see before bed. I'm now somewhat of a political junkie as well.

I'm at a loss as to why anyone would question the necessity of remembering this event. Just as we commmemorate other significant historical moments, both happy and sad, we commemorate the single most significant event in the 21st century and one that has changed the world and the United States forever.

There will be a zero tolerance policy for disrespect in this thread.

thank you very much for that Dave.

9/11/01 was probably THE most surreal day for me, and i've had a few.
i was w/ a group of friends in Cancun. we'd been checking the Myan ruins and sink holes all day. we get back to the hotel at about 7PM. 1st people we run into are a couple Canadian guys we'd met earlier in the trip, with whom we'd been having an ongoing friendly debate/ribbing session about each others respective countries. just friendly conversation. i love Canada. beautiful place.
anyway, these guys tell me & my wife that they're very sorry to hear about the attacks. now i KNOW they're just messin w/ me so i walk away thinking they really shoulda thought up something less offensive. pass by a sports bar and glance in the window to see all like 20 of their TVs tuned to the same thing. it felt dreamlike. terrible. i just couldn't comprehend.

there was a lot of guilt going around too. like if we'd been back in Ohio we coulda done something. took forever to get home too. hotels were very sympathetic letting folks stay for reduced rates or sometime free. some nice folks down there.

I was at work in the break room drinking coffee. Watched the 2nd plane hit live. A moment in time I will never forget.

Might as well delete this entire post. Not too sure why it's okay to reference 9/11 as an event that makes you believe in God but not an event that makes you disbelieve (hello post 60).

Last edited:
It's a Human Tragedy... Doesn't matter if it's 1 person, or 10000..
And it is important that it will never be forgotten... Because humans tend to forget, and they are forgetting already. Otherwise it is impossible to explain how a scumbag, wearing a t-shirt with 'United We Stand' on it, can complain to me about one of my employees, a 17 y/o girl, accusing her of being rude because she would not accept an expired $1 coupon. A person who will effortlessly trow dirt in another person's face just to save a buck, deserves to be choked to death with that same t-shirt wrapped around their miserable neck.

Being about 20 miles south of Manhattan, I can vividly imagine the smoke rising from the island as if it happened today.
I will never forget that day.

I also hope that the stupid politicians will never make it into a National Holiday, and give people another excuse to have a sale on cars or a 3 day weekend for BBQ. We already have Memorial Day for that.

Sempre Fi!

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, I missed the TV shows about 9/11 this week, too busy I guess. I just checked the listings and it seems they are already over, or maybe they are getting fewer, sadly. I always like to watch them to remeber how unbelievable those events were. But I watched last year, and started to cry all over again. When I see the images of that second plane hitting the building and realizing it wasn't just an accident, and people jumping from buildings, it just gets me so emotional... and I'm not very emotional very often. An awful and tragic event, one that has changed my outlook on so many aspects since then. I really never worried about our country until that time, now I try to stay connected on what's happening in the world. Having missed Vietnam due to age and too young to really care about the cold war, 9/11 opened my eyes that life is sometimes very cruel and unfair. If I was a very religious person, I'd pray that nothing like that ever happens again, ever, anywhere.

Might as well delete this entire post. Not too sure why it's okay to reference 9/11 as an event that makes you believe in God but not an event that makes you disbelieve (hello post 60).

100% agreed. I too am resigned to say no more. Having said that if there was a reason to want to believe in hell then to hope the 9/11 hijackers are in it would be one of them. But wanting to believe something and being able to believe something are seperate matters.

Last edited:
I was about.....10...or 11....I didnt care much...It was a fun day for me. Of course you have to realize I was 10, got out of school...AND I got play-doh. Didnt really grasp the sitiuation until a few years ago...

Will never forget that day. Heard about it on the radio first, they thought it was some kind of a joke. When the second plane hit, they realized what was happening. The radio was broadcasting some wild rumors that day, saying that the Capital had smoke rising from it and that the White House had been hit. My wife was pregnant with our third daughter at the time, needless to say she was a little shook up. You just did not know what else was going to happen that day, or where it would happen.

I did not get to see the images of the attack until that evening. It was something I'll never forget. For those who lost loved ones on that day, you will always be in the prayers of me and my family.

Back