9/11

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bumblebee

Super Freak
Reaction score
GOD BLESS AMERICA :flag

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT REMBERANCE FOR ALL THOSE AFFECTED BY THE EVENTS OF 9/11.

Last edited:
candlesad.gif

us-flag_ani-04.gif
usmcenlemblem.gif

small-world.gif

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families who lost loved ones on that fateful day, as well as our service men and women fighting to keep us safe.

It's been 67 years since Pearl Harbor and we commemorate that every year.

Things like this should always be remembered.

There is a program tonight on Channel 4 (UK) about the woman that faked being a survivor of the twin towers...

God bless america and God bless freedom. id like to say my prayers are with anybody involved in any way with that horrible tragedy. id also like to thank anybody who was ever associated with the armed forces for representing or fighting for my right to be free. im glad i can leave my house everyday without the fear of being attacked or oppressed. thanks everybody.:wave

I'm 90 miles south of NYC. I remember sitting there with my 2 yr old son sitting on my lap and turned on the TV in time to see the 2nd plane hit. I spent the better part of the next week loading donated items onto trucks headed north.
The two people I knew that worked there called in sick because their basement flooded the night before.
A coworker lost a sister.

The two people I knew that worked there called in sick because their basement flooded the night before.

My aunt missed work that day. Her company was based in one of the towers and over half the employees died that morning. It feels churlish to be glad she called in to play hooky and yet every year I think about how near I was to losing her. The human cost never goes away.

My sympathies to those affected by 9/11. I live in Oklahoma City and was there when the bombing occurred. I know the personal tragedy inflicted by these terrorists.

To those who don't wish to remember 9/11: Please don't disrespect those who wish to remember it.

NEVER FORGET!

it wont take long for the conspiracys to arise :rolleyes::rolleyes:

RIP to the men and women who died in the towers and who have died in afghanistan fighting alqieda. these douches had to pay.

peace

So where was everyone at and what were you doing on this day 7 years ago?

Me. I was walking into an Old Testament religion class in college and the Dr. told us the country may be under attack and for us all to go back to our rooms to watch the news. I got back and my roommate was already watching and as soon as I sit down the second plane hit on live tv. One of the few times in my life I was absolutely stunned.

So where was everyone at and what were you doing on this day 7 years ago?

Me. I was walking into an Old Testament religion class in college and the Dr. told us the country may be under attack and for us all to go back to our rooms to watch the news. I got back and my roommate was already watching and as soon as I sit down the second plane hit on live tv. One of the few times in my life I was absolutely stunned.
i was seriously sleeping my hangover off and one of my roomates was pounding on my door saying "they're crashing jets into the world trade center!!" i thought he was just being stupid cuz he always says weird ^^^^ like that to get me to wake up. but i got up and started watching it on TV and i felt sick all day long.

I was asleep, my sister called and I had to go to work...
they had the TV on at the office... it was surreal, like watching a movie, but deep down knowing that people were really dying... it was terrible, every time I see on TV news of people in these situations, it feels weird...

I was laid off from Quaker Oats after they shutdown in Pa. Was riding out the unemployment. Watching TV when the whole thing started. Could not believe what was happening. I'm old enough to remember the 1st terrorist attack on the Twin Towers and this one affected me so much more. So many feelings went through me that day. Outrage, anger, shock, fear, and pride at the bravery of all the rescue personell that were involved. My 2nd wife and I were married on Sept. 11, 2004. My wife says it is a date I will never forget, and she is right.

the worst part for me was later that evening after the damage was done and they were missing some rescue workers. they interviewed this little girl maybe 10-12 years old who said her daddy was a firefighter and they cant find him. she had all these pictures of him and everything and she was completely heart broken. i had to stop watching after that.:monkey2

driving to work and the radio show I was listening to mentioned something about a plane crashed into one of the towers...they were asking out loud how a pilot could do that by mistake, must have been some engine problem but then one of them with terror in his voice(they were watching it on t.v. and you could tell it clicked with them what was happening) said that another plane is headed for the other tower, they just kept saying, "Oh God no, Oh God no...." that made me feel like most everyone else, a very strong mix of emotions and helplessness.

Back