9/11

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope this isn't too political. I didn't personally know anyone directly impacted, but in general I feel post 9/11 a lot like I felt during the 80s as a kid when I first learned about "the bomb". Innocence lost.

Like the OKC bombing, i was just a few miles away at the time, i'll never forget 9/11!! Such sad days off loss!! I remember that we left work early that day, and all the gas stations were full of cars, everyone was buying gas!! Alot of the stations also was marking the price of it up through out the day as well. One place had it at $5.00, witch was alot at the time. Did that happen to any of you guys?

Like the OKC bombing, i was just a few miles away at the time, i'll never forget 9/11!! Such sad days off loss!! I remember that we left work early that day, and all the gas stations were full of cars, everyone was buying gas!! Alot of the stations also was marking the price of it up through out the day as well. One place had it at $5.00, witch was alot at the time. Did that happen to any of you guys?

I got gas, but they didn't mark it up like that. I think I paid $1.25 or something like that. I remember by October, gas was under $1.00 a gallon.

Yes, that night it went up to $3.00 but our governor said all stations overcharging like that would be in bigtime trouble, so they lowered it back right away. I'd take those prices now. Our's is rising close to $4.00 again. Probably because of Ike!

Blessings to all who lost love ones.

God Bless America and to all of those who fight for our freedom. This is a day what will also always live in infamy. RIP to all those who were lost on that tragic day.

I'm at a loss as to why anyone would question the necessity of remembering this event. Just as we commmemorate other significant historical moments, both happy and sad, we commemorate the single most significant event in the 21st century and one that has changed the world and the United States forever.

There will be a zero tolerance policy for disrespect in this thread.

Thank you Dave and I completely agree. Bless you.

I was a freshmen in high school. 1st period. Ms braswell's class we just watched the tv the whole time and saw the second plane hit.

Oh watch MSNBC (even though their biased) tonight. They play the actual broadcast with Matt and Katie from NBC every year..from when it happened. its very powerful. very sad. Its called 9/11:as it happened.

I remember being in my barracks, with our squadron's Tool supervisor and a few others... We were drinking and having a good time when the news came on... and showed the building burning. We watched as the second plane flew into the other building... Our faces got tense and we all left to go and pack our bags. We knew that things would never be the same for us, and they never were.

My CO talked to us and in a few days we were on the ship towards Afghanistan.

To my fellow soldiers and sailors... I salute you. :duff

To the people who have died, and those who eventually died in Afghanistan and Iraq... I raise my glass to you all. You will never be forgotten.

Thanks for your service Josh on behalf of our country:duff

So where was everyone at and what were you doing on this day 7 years ago?

I was still sleeping when it all began. I used to wake myself up earlier then need be and then reset my alarm (at the time my TV) until I actually had to be up. The first time my TV turned on I remember images on the screen but I didn't think anything of it (there had been so many reports lately of fires in SoCal that I though it was another one of those) and reset my TV to wake me up a little later. The second time my TV went off I saw what was happening...

One tower had just been hit and soon after the second one was. Reports of the pentagon being hit and then a while later the crash in PA. I remember watching in shock and horror as flames rose, people jumped from the buildings, images of the pentagon and then the PA crash. I remember watching the first and then second tower fall, the massive clouds, the people. The people. Just typing this brings tears to my eyes.

I also remember being in a complete dazed and numb state the entire day.

I will never forget and always remember.

Oh watch MSNBC (even though their biased) tonight. They play the actual broadcast with Matt and Katie from NBC every year..from when it happened. its very powerful. very sad. Its called 9/11:as it happened.

I was watching some of that this morning before I went to work and it was kind of weird to see it again. I have seen a lot of specials where they show the video and it doesn't really effect me but to see it again in "real time" was a lot different... all those same old feelings came back out.

Can we please keep this thread solemn and non political please?
If you want to start a new conspiracy thread use the sandbox.

I was working in a call center for sprint pcs when I got a call for service interuption and was told what was going on. Of course, word spread fast and all the t.v.s were turned on and we watched in horror what was going on. My prayers and thoughts go to those affected on 9/11. I also salute the brave men and women who rushed into such a horrific scene to save lives and do what they could to help!!!

i remember being at work with no internet or television and all we were getting was local radio and it was shotty coverage to say the least. i couldn't get home fast enough to see it on the news & even though i was aware of what had happened i was still just floored when i finally saw the devastation and was just sick to my stomach.........about 3 days later i found out that 2 people from our company were on 2 of the planes. one at the pentagon and one into one of the towers. i didnt know either two because they were from a different branch in different states but still was a shock.

just to clarify...
my comment of "oh dear, here we go" was referring to my first post in this thread about the documentary that was shown tonight on British TV, featuring the story of the woman that faked being a 9/11 survivor. The program was starting and i said oh dear cause it looked quite shocking and uncomfortable to watch.
the comment was not meant to mock the people that shared their stories here, but i can see why some people took it that way.

All the way over in Ireland I was vacuuming the house whilst singing various Bond songs out loud, as I was alone in the house. I remember passing the Tv and seeing an image of the WTC and one of the towers had flames coming out of it - I thought 'wow, skyscraper on fire' and continued about my business. Obviously it soon became apparent that it wasn't just a fire. The remainder of the day was spent in front of the TV and texting people about it. I don't know if I realised at the time that from then on we'd be living in the "post 9/11" world.

It was, is and always shall be a sickening tragedy, a terrible waste of life. To point out but one such loss - there was a four year old Irish girl travelling with her mother to visit her uncle who coincidently was working in the WTC on the day I think. She died in the first plane. Thats a whole lot of life she'll never get to experience.

Rest in peace to all who senselessly lost their lives on that horrible day and those heroes that rushed in where few else would.

I have my personal reasons I believe in God, and this is just one. I have to believe there is a hell, because anyone capable of such evil should have to suffer more than the moment those hijackers did.

Back