50 Reasons Wht "Jedi" Sucks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until I get into the movie business.....:D

Hey that's fantastic but be prepared to have people rip your films apart just as much as they do Lucas. Star Wars is a no win fight. And besides that, if you were able to convince Lucas to pull Fett outta that pit you'd have a helluva time convincing older fans "oh no, everyone else that went into that pit died, except Boba Fett, because he's Boba Fett." :rolleyes:

Oh and by the way, he's not dead. See the thing about Canon is, it doesnt count unless its approved as canon. All EU SW stuff is canon. Yes, that sucks....but its true. Lucas approved it....and all that jazz.

However, that doesnt mean ALL movie spin offs are canon....the A/P stuff isnt canon, I dont know about Star Trek....or Terminator....but yeah...

Lucas isn't canon...

:monkey1

Hey that's fantastic but be prepared to have people rip your films apart just as much as they do Lucas. Star Wars is a no win fight. And besides that, if you were able to convince Lucas to pull Fett outta that pit you'd have a helluva time convincing older fans "oh no, everyone else that went into that pit died, except Boba Fett, because he's Boba Fett." :rolleyes:

Exactly.

Even for comic-book writing.....that's just horrible.

Horrible....

Oh and by the way, he's not dead. See the thing about Canon is, it doesnt count unless its approved as canon. All EU SW stuff is canon. Yes, that sucks....but its true. Lucas approved it....and all that jazz.

However, that doesnt mean ALL movie spin offs are canon....the A/P stuff isnt canon, I dont know about Star Trek....or Terminator....but yeah...

I suggest you look into how Lucasfilm and licensing organizes their cannon. There are actual levels with the movies being the main source. The novels and source books and games are all at different levels and can be disregarded by Lucas at any time. Best example - the backstory about Fett from the tales of the Bounty Hunter book that people held as gospel for so long. What happened there? Well Episode II made him a clone. EU can be changed at any time.

Well ^^^^ Lucas. Im going to make a Fett movie. Cant say if it will be good, because well....I dont know, but I know it'll have him live, kick some ass, and be awesome like he should be. Not some dude who got hit by a blind man.

Exacly. And having a nice Jet pack handy helps too.

Oh and hopefully, Lucas will be dead by the time I get into the biz. Pitch a good script that focus' on FETT and only FETT. Make it totally different then the other films....heck it'll probably be the ONLY Post OT movie out there, since Lucas is so fixatied on those damn Clone Wars....

Well ^^^^ Lucas. Im going to make a Fett movie. Cant say if it will be good, because well....I dont know, but I know it'll have him live, kick some ass, and be awesome like he should be. Not some dude who got hit by a blind man.

Fan film, sure. Enjoy yourself and have fun with it. Commercial release film? Haha, never in a million years. Besides, why not wait for the TV series when Fett is supposed to play a huge role? Because it's not the Fett you want to see? I am very curious though, if it WAS Post Jedi, how would you explain him living, getting out of the Pit but no one else makes it out?

EDIT: And Im sorry but Jet pack = cop out. Only time we see it work is when it malfunctions and sends him into the sail barge showing he obviously can't control it, but can suddenly control it while inside the stomach of a beast that slowly digests it's victims with at least 6 other of Jabba's hired goons?

So make a pre-Empire "Adventuers Of..." type film.

Leave that bastard to rot in the pit :mwaha

Fan film, sure. Enjoy yourself and have fun with it. Commercial release film? Haha, never in a million years. Besides, why not wait for the TV series when Fett is supposed to play a huge role? Because it's not the Fett you want to see? I am very curious though, if it WAS Post Jedi, how would you explain him living, getting out of the Pit but no one else makes it out?

EDIT: And Im sorry but Jet pack = cop out. Only time we see it work is when it malfunctions and sends him into the sail barge showing he obviously can't control it, but can suddenly control it while inside the stomach of a beast that slowly digests it's victims with at least 6 other of Jabba's hired goons?

Hey, I want to get into the film business.

And its easy, he just ^^^^in blows the thing the hell. Flys out, thows a fit, and goes back to his job.

He can control his Jet pack.

Hey, I want to get into the film business.

And its easy, he just ^^^^in blows the thing the hell. Flys out, thows a fit, and goes back to his job.

He can control his Jet pack.

I'll say nothing about you're ability to get into film as I hadn't before and have no idea of your work. Just saying Lucas doesn't let just anyone toy with his baby, especially the Saga. Clone Wars is a whole different beast entirely. And second, if he can control his jet pack why didn't he control it to NOT fly into the side of Jabba's sail barge? Why did he not control it to kick in BEFORE he was inside the Pit?

I think this lame list arrived like 20 odd years late...
just find it hilarious that people bash movies they loved when they were kids...

Even as a kid I was aware of some of the faults on that list. Feeling some major dissatisfaction with a lot it.

Heck, i'd even do a Fan film too. I dont care, I want to see a Star Wars movie away from all the stuff we've already seen. Boba would be a great character to use. He's behind a mask, so an actor wouldnt be hard to find, he's a bounty hunter, which allows him to explore various places in the galaxy, and have a nice gritty feel to it...

No lightsabers, no force, no nothin. Just a slick Noir story in the Star Wars universe. Plus, Fett is insanly popular, he'd sell.

I'll say nothing about you're ability to get into film as I hadn't before and have no idea of your work. Just saying Lucas doesn't let just anyone toy with his baby, especially the Saga. Clone Wars is a whole different beast entirely. And second, if he can control his jet pack why didn't he control it to NOT fly into the side of Jabba's sail barge? Why did he not control it to kick in BEFORE he was inside the Pit?

Well....it was kinda broke. I mean, Han hit one of the thrusters, which caused the whole thing to malfunction....oh and heres my work. Am I young? Yes, but I still have ambitions.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CelticPredator

Obviously these are cheap ass short films.....nothing too fancy, but mabye one day...

Which is why they want to use him for the TV series (if and when it airs). The problem with anything Post Jedi, as I said, is that it requires farrr too much suspension of disbelief, even based off the rules of the Star Wars universe.

EDIT (so many today :lol): So you admit that the jet pack broke. Now - if you could explain how he could have managed to get it working properly again while being slowly digested with at least six other guys who would want out as much as Fett, I'd be willing to listen.

Not really. I mean, that one story in Jabba's Palace or whatever, was pretty neat. I mean you dont DIE right away, and im sure Fett's been in situations where he needed to think of a plan. He's got all his guns, he still has his missle pack. Im sure he's got knives, granades, ect.

Or, if you want to be cheap about it, you could say the Sail Bardge somehow killed the Sarlacc, allowing all of its prey to emrge. However, since im sure theres Acid in there, most of them would die do to burns....ah but who didnt forget to wear armor today? Yes.

As far as I know, in Jedi, Fett had:

flame thrower gauntlet
missile pack (unknown if working)
jet pack (which you have admit was broken)
darts (i think)

His blaster was sliced in half by Luke as was his cord.

Anyway, back to the list as this thread has turned into a Fett-fest - it seems this list is somewhat old, possibly before the PT, and it seems the guy has a love fest for Empire with no information of what the original concepts for Jedi was. And for as much as he hates the look of Jabba's palace, I would rather see animatronics and Muppets as he refers to them then far too much CGI.

Author sounds like a ******... Jedi is a kickass movie, still probably the weakest of the OT, but it is still awesome :rock

Back