50 Reasons Wht "Jedi" Sucks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There isn't one thing I disapprove of in ROTJ. However I could mention some things I find wrong with the Special Editions. ROTJ is my favorite of all of them. Best Creatures, Luke becomes a Jedi, Han in Carbonite..... I mean it was just an awesome mix of wonderful things and I just don't think anything beats Jabba's Palace. A half-built Death Star that looks even creepier than the first... To me ROTJ was perfect.

Here's my gripes with the SE:

- NO "Jedi Rocks". Nothing was wrong with Lapti-Nek.
- Get rid of that weird worm mouth thing in the sarlaac and leave it alone.
-Wasn't too nuts about Sebastian Shaw being replaced by Hayden, but get why the change was made.
-Dunno if the showing of celebrations was entirely needed at the end when they -could have just stayed with the Endor celebration.

Great list. "Jedi" truly was the beginning of the end.

The only stark disagreements I have is his take on "Jabba" #18, and "Boba Fett's Death" #20.

He also failed to mention how lame it was that the galaxy's greatest pilot led a ground assault on the moon of Endor while his backstabbing gambling buddy led the dangerous bombing raid in his ship---while wearing his outfit.

sw_lando_smuggler_39_30th.jpg

Like all smugglers are forced to wear Wal-Mart vests?

Colossal suckage. :monkey4

Lando wore his general uniform for the attack on the Death Star. He put on an extra set of Han's clothes at the end of ESB because apparently he thought escaping Cloud City with his life was more important than packing a few suitcases. :)

Why do you disagree with Fett's death? Thats the worst scene in the whole movie...

I'm old school.

I always thought it was a stroke of rare cinematic brilliance for Lucas to kill off one of the coolest-looking characters in sci-fi history via clumsy accident. It hearkens back to the Cairo Swordsman scene in Raiders, because the audience's anticipation to see Fett in action had been building since Empire.

I like Fett---I think conceptually he's an amazing character, but that's still one of my favorite scenes in Jedi.

Hate that scene. Doesnt at all remind me of the Cairo Swordsmen. He got a badass death, Fett?

"BOBA FETT!? BOBA FETT!!? OMG WHERE!!!!"

*SHHOOO*

BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Stupid.

While it is the weakest of the OT I only agree with about 4 of those sucks ones. Now if you include the SE that would go up to about 15.

Good points, not that I agree with all.

15. SURPRISE! THEY'RE BROTHER AND SISTER: After Jedi came out, Lucas would routinely go on record stating that in his mind, Star Wars was always first and foremost a story about a brother and a sister. Does anybody really buy this?

And now after the prequels he says the whole saga was always about Anakin. but of course the original trilogy's main focus was Luke.

Just another fan boy that wants to whine about Lucas. I read the list and this is the face I was making most of the time: :rolleyes: Boba Fett's death WAS the best ever and yes, he IS dead.

MUSIC: "The soundtrack to Wars is an unquestioned classic. Empire's soundtrack gave us the trilogy's best piece of music: "The Imperial March." What does Jedi have to offer?"

He loses all crediblility with this statement

Just listen to ROTJ Final Duel 1:13-146 :lsvader if you don't call that an emotional slice of heaven classic...ya aint no fan of SW

Only problem is it's not long enough; however, it does go straight into the:emperor theme

Oh and by the way, he's not dead. See the thing about Canon is, it doesnt count unless its approved as canon. All EU SW stuff is canon. Yes, that sucks....but its true. Lucas approved it....and all that jazz.

However, that doesnt mean ALL movie spin offs are canon....the A/P stuff isnt canon, I dont know about Star Trek....or Terminator....but yeah...

MUSIC: "The soundtrack to Wars is an unquestioned classic. Empire's soundtrack gave us the trilogy's best piece of music: "The Imperial March." What does Jedi have to offer?"

He loses all crediblility with this statement

Just listen to ROTJ Final Duel 1:13-146 :lsvader if you don't call that emotional slice of heaven classic...ya aint no fan of SW

Only problem is it's not long enough; however, it does go straight into the:emperor theme

Yep. Agreed. I love the final duel. Its fantastic in everyway.

Back