3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you're saying I need to breakup with Ashley. But YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND OUR RELATIONSHIP IS SPECIAL. And I just know this time he's gonna change. I just know it.
original.gif

These problems are accepted because even though so many people are upset about this figure they're still keeping it! Don't keep it, return it and when they loose a ton of money they'll take notice.

People are more willing to to drop $240 on a POS figure and MOD it themselves just to make it hit the lowest bar for an acceptabel figure then they are willing to return it.

This behavior is acceptable in this industry because the consumer is in a dysfunctional relationship with the producer. Seriously, we just paid $240 for this. That's a lot of money for a figure and even though people hate it, it seems like most people aren't even going to return it. I mean....!??!?!

I wouldn't bother spending more money on QA either if I was them, what's the point, it's going to make them money anyway.

They actually haven't worked that hard on it. They only devoted a small amount of people to fixing it, quite possibly the smallest amount they could without giving up on it completely, and then diverted ALL attention to Halo 5 to cover up their mistake. They couldn't acknowledge it before Christmas because that would have hurt their sales, and anything after that would hurt Halo 5 preorder sales. And they refuse to even acknowledge that it was broken to this day, so much that the update that FINALLY fixed it was spoken as just another one of the previous 12 updates. I have friends who will not give this game a try because they still wont believe me that it works.

As for shipping the figure back, I got an email saying they're refunding the shipping costs as well.

They've got an entire MCC 'sustain' team still working on it. This includes outsourced resources, yes, but they've still got internal people working on it. They even took 6 months to port ODST into the game's architecture and create another remake MP map from scratch.

Dan Ayoub comments from MCC launch day. Tweet from Frank O'Connor on launch day acknowledging the game's issues. A statement from 343 studio head Bonnie Ross on 11/24 acknowledging the game is broken and they are working on fixing it. A pre-Christmas 12/19/14 announcement from Bonnie Ross saying they were committed to fixing the game and fans would get ODST, the other map remake, a free month of XBL Gold, and a handful of other goodies as compensation for the game being broken so long. A community update from after they fixed the servers to announce that they had successfully "normalized" the experience, but were still committed to updates. An interview with 343 studio head Bonnie Ross saying they learned from MCC and it won't happen to Halo fans again, because every Halo game going forward is going to have a beta as a result of this.

And I was boots on the ground a huge part of multiple Halo communities while all of this stuff was happening, so I'm sorry to confirm that you're misinformed in believing that 343 wouldn't even acknowledge the game's problems. They had top studio people responding on Twitter and their official forums about the problems literally on launch day. They released weekly bug fixes from launch until Christmas. They ported ODST and Relic as compensation for shipping a broken game. They continue to release near-monthly patches that add substantial fixes to the games.

Say what you will about how MCC launched, but they definitely have acknowledge their mistakes and they definitely have paid for them and made huge investments in rectifying them. If only we saw that kind of fan service for this figure.

Oh I thought you meant PvE style, my bad. That's why I loved halo 2, dual wielding was just enough to give some better options without forcing specific weapon choices. I miss that simplistic style, I almost don't remember it because with halo 3 and reach came those extra abilities. Halo 2 had some great small maps like ascension and sanctuary. So are most hardcore halo veterans of multiplayer angry about all the new abilities being introduced like the ground pound in halo 5?
Reach is the farthest (aside from 4) Halo ever got from being an Arena shooter. Arena shooters are where it takes skill to win between completely balanced teams, no luck and a significant lack of variables. Halo 1-3 are Arena shooters.

I haven't been able to get an email through to them, how did you get a hold of their CS people?

Their email ([email protected]) inbox was full during the weekends, I figured that they might need a whole morning to clear it up when they come back to work today, so I sent the email in the early afternoon (Hong Kong time), and I got the reply at around half past five (still Hong Kong time).

These problems are accepted because even though so many people are upset about this figure they're still keeping it! Don't keep it, return it and when they loose a ton of money they'll take notice.

People are more willing to to drop $240 on a POS figure and MOD it themselves just to make it hit the lowest bar for an acceptabel figure then they are willing to return it.

This behavior is acceptable in this industry because the consumer is in a dysfunctional relationship with the producer. Seriously, we just paid $240 for this. That's a lot of money for a figure and even though people hate it, it seems like most people aren't even going to return it. I mean....!??!?!

I wouldn't bother spending more money on QA either if I was them, what's the point, it's going to make them money anyway.

I think most people are afraid that they won't get around to a V2 and then they'll be stuck with no Chief. The bigger issue is that they'd most likely can the line after the sales plummet due to this. Which really isn't a loss.

3 figures every 3 years, all of them being overpriced pieces of unposeable lies, or just... No disappointment? Not a hard decision.

I think most people are afraid that they won't get around to a V2 and then they'll be stuck with no Chief. The bigger issue is that they'd most likely can the line after the sales plummet due to this. Which really isn't a loss.

3 figures every 3 years, all of them being overpriced pieces of unposeable lies, or just... No disappointment? Not a hard decision.

People just desperately want this line to be good.

They've got an entire MCC 'sustain' team still working on it. This includes outsourced resources, yes, but they've still got internal people working on it. They even took 6 months to port ODST into the game's architecture and create another remake MP map from scratch.

Dan Ayoub comments from MCC launch day. Tweet from Frank O'Connor on launch day acknowledging the game's issues. A statement from 343 studio head Bonnie Ross on 11/24 acknowledging the game is broken and they are working on fixing it. A pre-Christmas 12/19/14 announcement from Bonnie Ross saying they were committed to fixing the game and fans would get ODST, the other map remake, a free month of XBL Gold, and a handful of other goodies as compensation for the game being broken so long. A community update from after they fixed the servers to announce that they had successfully "normalized" the experience, but were still committed to updates. An interview with 343 studio head Bonnie Ross saying they learned from MCC and it won't happen to Halo fans again, because every Halo game going forward is going to have a beta as a result of this.

And I was boots on the ground a huge part of multiple Halo communities while all of this stuff was happening, so I'm sorry to confirm that you're misinformed in believing that 343 wouldn't even acknowledge the game's problems. They had top studio people responding on Twitter and their official forums about the problems literally on launch day. They released weekly bug fixes from launch until Christmas. They ported ODST and Relic as compensation for shipping a broken game. They continue to release near-monthly patches that add substantial fixes to the games.

Say what you will about how MCC launched, but they definitely have acknowledge their mistakes and they definitely have paid for them and made huge investments in rectifying them. If only we saw that kind of fan service for this figure.

I agree that I wish we had someone working on this figure like there was someone working on the post game patches, however the damages are completely different.

All it takes is 3A to rerelease this figure and we'd all be set. 343 however can never undo the damage they did to the Halo games and have forever scarred many people from coming back and playing them. I still play it, but I'm forced to play it alone because nobody I personally know is willing to play it anymore, and that's where it hits me hard. They isolated so many people with it to get it out on time when, like 3A, they should have tested it much more before release. The compensation is not nearly enough, because what really needs to happen is more multiplayer free things. Not another campaign. Campaigns will not revitalize the dead online that will continue to decline and ultimately die off far too early.

Relic was a step in the right direction, but it was a baby step, not the leap the game needs.

Everyone I know who was a hardcore Halo fan abandoned Halo after the MCCs release. I don't know how other people respond to the abilities.

Oh I thought you meant PvE style, my bad. That's why I loved halo 2, dual wielding was just enough to give some better options without forcing specific weapon choices. I miss that simplistic style, I almost don't remember it because with halo 3 and reach came those extra abilities. Halo 2 had some great small maps like ascension and sanctuary. So are most hardcore halo veterans of multiplayer angry about all the new abilities being introduced like the ground pound in halo 5?

I agree that I wish we had someone working on this figure like there was someone working on the post game patches, however the damages are completely different.

All it takes is 3A to rerelease this figure and we'd all be set. 343 however can never undo the damage they did to the Halo games and have forever scarred many people from coming back and playing them. I still play it, but I'm forced to play it alone because nobody I personally know is willing to play it anymore, and that's where it hits me hard. They isolated so many people with it to get it out on time when, like 3A, they should have tested it much more before release. The compensation is not nearly enough, because what really needs to happen is more multiplayer free things. Not another campaign. Campaigns will not revitalize the dead online that will continue to decline and ultimately die off far too early.

Relic was a step in the right direction, but it was a baby step, not the leap the game needs.

Everyone I know who was a hardcore Halo fan abandoned Halo after the MCCs release. I don't know how other people respond to the abilities.

I don't mean that I wish they could drop weekly improvements for this figure like game patches. I understand that's not how this works. What I want is for their CS to actually take responsibility for shipping such a bad figure, instead of implying it's the fans' fault for being dissatisfied. I want a personal apology from Ash, who clearly didn't put the necessary time into this PRODUCT he sold us. And I want them to show a willingness not only to make this badly-designed figure right, but also to somehow make it up to the fans who've purchased it. Basically, all I'm looking for from 3A is this: A clear sense of responsibility in this situation. A desire to treat their customers and fans with a high level of respect. A desire to make this huge mistake right instead of sweeping it under the rug.

And communication/clarification on the halo line's future after this debacle.
I don't mean that I wish they could drop weekly improvements for this figure like game patches. I understand that's not how this works. What I want is for their CS to actually take responsibility for shipping such a bad figure, instead of implying it's the fans' fault for being dissatisfied. I want a personal apology from Ash, who clearly didn't put the necessary time into this PRODUCT he sold us. And I want them to show a willingness not only to make this badly-designed figure right, but also to somehow make it up to the fans who've purchased it. Basically, all I'm looking for from 3A is this: A clear sense of responsibility in this situation. A desire to treat their customers and fans with a high level of respect. A desire to make this huge mistake right instead of sweeping it under the rug.

Post that on their Facebook page and get someone to say that in front of him at sdcc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally with you on that. Unfortunately I can't see it happening. Its not an "original" design coming from them, so I'm assuming it's much, much less meaningful to them.

i would love to hear what he would have to say on the crap QC front in general, for sure.

but to think he was personally involved in the development of this MC Halo fig i think isnt accurate at all. with the licensed stuff im sure its a team of threeA employees at the wheel and not Ash.

the better question is why is he ok with his toy company releasing inferior toys these days? does he get production samples out of the same batch we get our toys from. does he have any idea how bad its gotten etc. ?

i would love to hear what he would have to say on the crap QC front in general, for sure.

but to think he was personally involved in the development of this MC Halo fig i think isnt accurate at all. with the licensed stuff im sure its a team of threeA employees at the wheel and not Ash.

the better question is why is he ok with his toy company releasing inferior toys these days? does he get production samples out of the same batch we get our toys from. does he have any idea how bad its gotten etc. ?

It doesn't matter if he was personally involved in it. Like you said, why is this ok and how did it ever come to this point? They really need to make it known that everyone at 3A is on the same page when it comes to quality control so we as consumers can decide whether or not to abandon this company.

I can understand that but this is the 3rd figure and it's worse than the first two. More support for the line is just more support for lazy, incompetent productions. They have no incentive to spend more money and make it better when we'll just buy whatever crap they give us for whatever price.

The best thing that can happen is if they discontinue the line. I'm sure 343 can find someone else to sell the license to.

Not going to get into the whole debate about the MCC.

While it was a broken mess for months, having all 4 (now 5) Campaigns on one disc? On one console?
Good enough for me.

In regards to Chief... Now im left with the decision on weather to return or not, I really want a 1/6 Chief even if its this imposable mess! :slap

Back