3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They continue to assure us the Spielberg produced TV series is still being made. It apparently is just a VERY complex process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
I hadn't heard that this is being pursued still? I'm all for it, but doubt it would spawn figures from HT. That being said, if I were in charge of a TV show, I would go all out and make it about ODSTs, very much in vain of H3's expansion. Get Nathan Fillion in there as Buck, even if he's a guest star as his Spartan self, and you're golden.
What would be your goal figures of the visually represented characters?

I want Fred-104, Arbiter, Hood, Cortana, Vale, and Buck ODST

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
For sake of space, I would have to be very picky. Arbiter and Chief would be my big ones. Cortana doesn't need to be 1/6th though. Buck in some form, given he comes with a Nathan Fillion sculpt, Sgt. Johnson, and I think that would do it. A pair of grunts ala the SSC Jawas would be tight as well.

And for the love of all things collectible, NO RUBBER SUITS. Please. We've gotten good enough at this that joints can be hidden and it still looks ace.

46291c9d45dafba412dfc27df0af14a3.jpg

Snapped a pic with these three together today.

Glad to see this thread is still ticking. I stopped by 3A's booth this past SDCC, and the rep at their booth said that they have no plans on any HALO figures in the future. I'm glad to see this thread is still ticking.

I own a Thorne and MC. What hunks of crap and saddening. Look great behind the glass but pieces of junk underneath. My Thornes blue also looked too light. Good thing I paid under $75 each whew.

1/6 Custom Spartan 117: Not 3A but still thought some Halo fans would think this is cool. I'm surprised no company has done a 1/6 Mark VI Master Chief yet.

32CQlNOl.jpg

And if you got the Halo Loot Crate last month, the energy sword works great for these guys.
b8bcc0614fa17d033b3c8200991a5cf9.jpg

I'm really sad that the market is so dead for these. I haven't even been able to sell my new and sealed Carter for 100 bucks plus shipping.

I hope someone else picks up this license, but I doubt Hot Toys would want it and I'm not sure of any other sixth scale companies that would do it better than 3A did. Maybe Sideshow themselves?

These need to be made like action figures. That's the biggest problem - sometimes striving to make an item "accurate" makes it worse, and that's what happened here. Sure, these might be very accurate suit replicas, but you can't do anything with the rubber bodysuits. There is NO reason articulation can't be interested in a well hidden, functional manner straight into the sculpt. And I think that, in the end, is what hurt these most. You just can't have fun with them, they just stand about, as awesome as they look.

These need to be made like action figures. That's the biggest problem - sometimes striving to make an item "accurate" makes it worse, and that's what happened here. Sure, these might be very accurate suit replicas, but you can't do anything with the rubber bodysuits. There is NO reason articulation can't be interested in a well hidden, functional manner straight into the sculpt. And I think that, in the end, is what hurt these most. You just can't have fun with them, they just stand about, as awesome as they look.

You're right. They improved the button for the lights, which was needed, but over time, they never improved the articulation. The bodies under the rubber suits are slim and weak. If these had hard, tight, ratcheted joints, they'd be awesome.

I'm really sad that the market is so dead for these. I haven't even been able to sell my new and sealed Carter for 100 bucks plus shipping.

I hope someone else picks up this license, but I doubt Hot Toys would want it and I'm not sure of any other sixth scale companies that would do it better than 3A did. Maybe Sideshow themselves?
I actually messaged both the official Halo merchandise twitter, and the canon director saying how much I want them to look into Hot Toys in response to their retweets of that very picture above.

Back