3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I really need is a good enough battle rifle/ dmr style gun as it's my personal preference when playing (not played 5 yet as not got xbone so hush on spoilers please ;-)).

Want to get one asap and most likely from the link provided, just nervous about any build work and my paintings skills.

Now if anyone was selling a Pre built and painted one AND at a reasonable posted price to The UK.....

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Question about the shapeways prints. I take it by the digital images of the br that we have to cut and put together ourselves ? Is this hard or generally easy ?.

I'm useless at doing things along the lines of warhammer stuff or even larger vehicle models. :-(

Sent from my usless phone, using Tapatalk. Please excuse mistakes.

Should be a single print unless there are parts that have intricacies beyond the layering capabilities of the machine. Most you should have to do is sand the parts and throw some paint on.

By the way, no spoilers of course, but you'll love the DMR. Nice and powerful, fun to control and use.

Just got my thorne figure. Must day alot if disappointments like MC. Although I don't mind putting some custom work into it like I did with MC. First impress is super skinny biceps, he looks overall way to skinny and lanky. Should I repaint his suit more black?
97ec8f964be6807045bd4190901123a3.jpg
a9522635893f9cbcfe70ff5e2cb42895.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I'm in a similar boat! Just got a Recruit and I'm figuring out how to mod it. The three things jumping out at me right now are:

1. The ball-joints in the thigh don't ratchet forward and backward, so the legs can't hold many poses. How would I modify the legs to ratchet properly?

2. The bodysuit looks bad in most lighting; what have other collectors done to make it look less inconsistently painted?

3. The armour pieces aren't in the right position over some parts of the base body. How do I reposition them and stop them sliding around later?

Once those flaws are dealt with I can see this guy becoming a favourite--for what IIIpaid it's worth it even with these flaws.

Turns out my Recruit has an issue with the lighting—the lights turn off as soon as I plug the backpack in. CS has offered to repair it, but shipping the box there is going to cost me an absurd $140, which is literally how much I paid for this guy.

So, with that said, I'd like to put this out here: I'm looking for an experienced customiser to do some work on this guy for me. Ideally repairing the electronics, but also repainting the rubber suit, removing and repositioning the armour pieces that aren't aligned right, and working on the leg-joint ratchets. If you think you could do a good job of this, please reach out.

Turns out my Recruit has an issue with the lighting—the lights turn off as soon as I plug the backpack in. CS has offered to repair it, but shipping the box there is going to cost me an absurd $140, which is literally how much I paid for this guy.

So, with that said, I'd like to put this out here: I'm looking for an experienced customiser to do some work on this guy for me. Ideally repairing the electronics, but also repainting the rubber suit, removing and repositioning the armour pieces that aren't aligned right, and working on the leg-joint ratchets. If you think you could do a good job of this, please reach out.
Did they not offer to reimburse the shipping? I know they're not exactly the same company, but my threezero Shepard figure had an issue, they told me to ship it back, and I was reimbursed for the shipping.

Sadly, ThreeA and Threezero operate very differently. Frustrating company to work with, that's for sure.

To be honest I'm very annoyed about this because I don't really have the time or means to fix this guy myself, and have no idea what to do about the electronics. When retail customers have this sort of problem they can just get a return—Bamba customers have to pay through the nose just to get the product they originally paid for.

Thanks Max for the info. Are you guys getting this? Man, I returned mine. I don't mean to lowball, but $125 would be a good price. Damn.

master-chief-sad.jpg

I just checked 3A's Halo forum, and is pretty dead. Have any of guys heard if Jorge will be produced?

I just checked 3A's Halo forum, and is pretty dead. Have any of guys heard if Jorge will be produced?

Thats because the true fans and customers got shafted and banned from their forum for voicing out their concerns and honesty about the figure.

They barely even talk about stuff that has been confirmed to be coming out. If we hadn't seen a prototype of Jorge I would say there's absolutely no way in hell. As of right now, I doubt he'll ever come out, but if he does it won't be for at least another two years.

I can't stress enough how much I want them to lose this license.

Well that's just too bad. Jorge would have been a massive figure. They should just pass on the license to threezero. 3A seem to have a smaller budget than threezero, so they're cutting cost whenever possible.

Jorge would be the only figure that might pull me back into this line. One of my favourite characters. Reach was the peak of the series for me, honestly; forget the MC games.

Back