369th INFANTRY REGIMENT "HARLEM HELLFIGHTERS"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterToyNYC

Super Freak
Reaction score
Greetings:

Here is the latest addition in my series of African-Americans who served in the various wars engaged in by the the United States.

The 369th Infantry Regiment, formerly the 15th New York National Guard Regiment, was an infantry regiment of the United States Army that saw action in World War I and World War II. The Regiment consisted of African-Americans and African Puerto Ricans. The 369th Infantry is known for being the first African-American regiment to serve with the American Expeditionary Force during World War I. Before the 15th New York National Guard Regiment was formed, any African-American that wanted to fight in the war either had to go to France or Canada to fight. The regiment was nicknamed the Harlem Hellfighters and the Black Rattlers, in addition to several other nicknames. The nickname “Hell Fighters” was given to them by never losing a man through capture, lost a trench or a foot of ground to the enemy. One of these nicknames they gave themselves was "Men of Bronze".

Special thanks to Skiman's Workshop for bringing the headsculpt to like with his amazing paint apps.

Thanks.
Eric

harlem_hellfighter_0.jpg
harlem_hellfighter_9.jpg
harlem_hellfighter_11.jpg
harlem_hellfighter_13.jpg

Really cool! At first I read it as firefighter and when I saw the gun, I thought to myself "did firemen have rifles then?". Re reading the title answered my question. haha

Back