3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super excited to finally be able to share these shot. My first official collaboration with Hasbro and the first #hasbrotoypic TVC campaign.

The first shot is the one that was chosen by Hasbro/Lucasfilm, and should be popping up on their social media. The others were other shots taken and submitted for the project. So I definitely have to give them a big thanks for this opportunity!

Finally - sheesh!:lol:clap

I've been looking at your work for SO long thinking - "Hasbro/LFL needs to snap up this guy." It really is the best SW toy photography I've ever seen - next step should be a hard cover book.

3.75" Collecting Thread

I always thought the point of the Vintage Collection was for them to look kind of crap like old 70s/80s figures :lol

Since 2004 the new "Vintage Collection" -- meaning replicating the awesome cards -- has been the highest quality modern super articulated versions of the figures. Some of those 2004 figures still hold up like Chewie, R2, Yoda, and Boba (until this one).

Super excited to finally be able to share these shot. My first official collaboration with Hasbro and the first #hasbrotoypic TVC campaign.

The first shot is the one that was chosen by Hasbro/Lucasfilm, and should be popping up on their social media. The others were other shots taken and submitted for the project. So I definitely have to give them a big thanks for this opportunity!

MNFtzq7.jpg

This shot is MY personal favorite

PjoPiha.jpg

Congrats, well deserved. I like your favorite best as well, but makes sense the one they chose, as you said.

Re: 3.75" Collecting Thread

Since 2004 the new "Vintage Collection" -- meaning replicating the awesome cards -- has been the highest quality modern super articulated versions of the figures. Some of those 2004 figures still hold up like Chewie, R2, Yoda, and Boba (until this one).

Congrats, well deserved. I like your favorite best as well, but makes sense the one they chose, as you said.

Yeah I think Hasbro would be most interested in pics that show their products clearly - and identifiable as toys, albeit realistically posed toys - versus pics where the toys recede into being part of a semi photo-realistic dio.

The two pics you've quoted are good examples - the one Hasbro chose shows the toys quite prominently as toys whereas the second one the figures blend into a photo-realistic dio. I prefer the second pic but you can see how the first one would be much more useful for Hasbro.

This shot is MY personal favorite

PjoPiha.jpg

e6QX6g0.jpg

This deserves a coffee table book... big format. If you ever do something like that let us know. I?m in for sure.

Fantastic work!

Got my first of two Carbon Freezing Chamber sets today. I like it. No idea where I'll end up putting it in my current or even future arrangements. But I like it.

If they could find a way to do the claw and some ceiling details that would pretty much complete it.

The first shot is the one that was chosen by Hasbro/Lucasfilm, and should be popping up on their social media. The others were other shots taken and submitted for the project. So I definitely have to give them a big thanks for this

MASSIVE CONGRATS!!!
I've loved all your photos since ive seen them in here!!
well deserved.

IMG_20201021_101737_081.jpg

Found this Mando variant on the pegs today at my local Zing store here in Australia.
Mando on remnant stormie card.
woot woot!!!

I know.
Crazy as it seems,1 of my mates said put it on Evilbay at $100AUD.
Crazy to think it would be worth more than $29AUD that I paid.

Usually packaging errors don't go for too much more because they are usually one offs. I'm sure you could get more for it but it looks cool to me I'd probably keep it if I found it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Though the new figure is night-and-day superior to the vintage version (though state-of-the-art at that time,) it's amazing what a difference 35 years makes to in-store prices...and ANH figures were around $1.50 five years earlier in 1978!

50515137322_db7dc6e764_h.jpg

FYI, solely based on inflation, $2.59 should translate to $8.43 today, which is almost exactly ONE THIRD of that $25 price.:horror

View attachment 497880

Found this Mando variant on the pegs today at my local Zing store here in Australia.
Mando on remnant stormie card.
woot woot!!!

Mando is another SW title that just doesn't seem to fit very well in the Kenner vintage SW logo frame. Some newer SW titles fit a whole lot better than others.

Though the new figure is night-and-day superior to the vintage version (though state-of-the-art at that time,) it's amazing what a difference 35 years makes to in-store prices...and ANH figures were around $1.50 five years earlier in 1978!

50515137322_db7dc6e764_h.jpg

FYI, solely based on inflation, $2.59 should translate to $8.43 today, which is almost exactly ONE THIRD of that $25 price.:horror

Mando is another SW title that just doesn't seem to fit very well in the Kenner vintage SW logo frame. Some newer SW titles fit a whole lot better than others.

I pay about $13 for vtc figures. I think that was purchased in australlia.

I pay about $13 for vtc figures. I think that was purchased in australlia.

Yeah, both prices shown in the pics are Australian.

And I come from a time (2006 - 2009) when "super-articulated" 3 3/4" SW figs were US$6-$7.:lol While they certainly (for the most part) are a little better than their late 2000s counterparts, really not sure at what point a 4" SW fig suddenly became worth nearly US$15.

Yeah, both prices shown in the pics are Australian.

And I come from a time (2006 - 2009) when "super-articulated" 3 3/4" SW figs were US$6-$7.:lol While they certainly (for the most part) are a little better than their late 2000s counterparts, really not sure at what point a 4" SW fig suddenly became worth nearly US$15.

The original VOTC figures (granted they had the clam shells) were $10 USD as I recall, and that was in 2004.

The original VOTC figures (granted they had the clam shells) were $10 USD as I recall, and that was in 2004.

That was back when an accurate copy of Kenner packaging was sold as a special "limited edition" premium that we shelled out extra $$ for. Did that turn out to be a total lie.:lol

All I mean is 2006-2010 had "super articulated" SW figs that still hold up pretty well (for the most part) priced in that $7 range.

It's around ten years ago I know, but when that amazing 3 3/4" VC Gammy Guard came out - complete with 100% Kenner vintage style packaging, super articulation, removable helmet, THREE weapons and real-fur skirt - it was $8.

3.75" Collecting Thread

The Gammie has to be looked at in the context of all figures being priced identically. So a repainted random astromech would end up the same price or more, while obviously being cheaper to produce and less impressive.

But still, when these were introduced (super articulated vintage card figs) they were $10 (VOTC), were still $10 when they relaunched the vintage line, dropped to $8 for some waves including the gammie one, but then returned to $10 a few waves later. Now 10 years later they're technically $13 (retail). I admittedly pay $15 as I order online.

Re: 3.75" Collecting Thread

The Gammie has to be looked at in the context of all figures being priced identically. So a repainted random astromech would end up the same price or more, while obviously being cheaper to produce and less impressive.

But still, when these were introduced (super articulated vintage card figs) they were $10 (VOTC), were still $10 when they relaunched the vintage line, dropped to $8 for some waves including the gammie one, but then returned to $10 a few waves later. Now 10 years later they're technically $13 (retail). I admittedly pay $15 as I order online.

Yeah in looking that up, I see that the prices really did jump around for SA VC figs in that era - seemed like they were $8, $9 or $10 almost randomly. They actually went from $8 to $10 then back to $9. It was likely the after-effects of the GFC because the U.S. dollar jumped around so radically.

I guess I was really buying when the waves that included SA figs like Ackbar, Klaatu and Gammy and later waves that included Jango, Senate Guard and Zam which were all $8 so I remembered everything VC at that $8 price (other than that small handful of launch figs in clamshells) and SA figs more generally as $6-$7.

Still, I'm really not sure I'd be buying VC waves as much at $13-$15 a pop. I only paid $10 back when the Kenner style packaging felt more special and a premium, but $7-8 feels better for a 4" fig, but hey that's just grandpa thinking - that pricepoint is around a decade ago now.:lol

Interestingly, the VC version of Luke Jedi/Jabba's Palace that started this discussion was $8. The Gammy and Klaatu from this $8 wave are still some of my all-time favorite VC figs.

Luke_Skywalker_Endor_Capture_Vintage_Collection_TVC_VC23-34.jpg

Back