3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any difference in the Hoth Rebel, or same old figure from years ago? Other than the "new" price I mean.

Yep, it's the same one.

New:

2017-Hascon-Star-Wars13__scaled_600.jpg

Old:

The-Vintage-Collection-Rebel-Commander_Big_2.jpg

This first batch of Vintage Collection figures is pretty weak, apart from that Snoke. Hopefully we'll get more new molds for OT characters soon too.

As others have already said, I'd love to see a basic stormtrooper with that Solo mold.

E2814AS00_SW_PR_STORMTROOPER-600x814.jpg

Last edited:
So, 3'75 figures come back to super articulation?

I stopped collecting them because I hate to see figures like this...

s-l300.jpg

Preach it, brother! :)

My gosh toy collectors can be so freaking melodramatic. :lol All of his little dramatic pauses as if he's getting choked up on account of being too upset to speak, give me a break. If you live in the US and have $500 to spend on a plastic barge and want it then get it, if you can't or don't want to then don't. Pretty simple and not really a life or death matter. :cuckoo:

s-l300.jpg

I stopped because the lack of articulation and the downgrade to 5 point. Also the bubble adhesive on the black series packaging!!

s-l300.jpg

I might have bought some of them because I despise ball-joint heads but unfortunately they just went too far with the cutbacks. The lack of elbow and knee articulation is painful. They look incredibly stiff and unnatural. If they'd even sculpted a slight bend in the elbow they would have looked better but from what I could tell they sculpted the arms completely straight and rigid which looks ridiculous. No one holds their arms like that.

Last edited:
I like the symmetry of the new 5 POA figures with the original Kenner line. So there. :lecture

"Super-articulated" is a laughable misnomer anyway. Not one "SA" SW figure can achieve half the poses of a GI Joe figure from 35 years ago.

I think I'm in the minority and actually like the 5poa figures. Takes me back to when I fell in love with these figures in the first place, and the sculpts are generally very well done! I only buy a few here and there for nostalgia's sake because my focus is more on the 6" scale, but it's fun and feels good lol

The vintage super articulated line was the height of the line though, not denying that. Those figures were phenomenal for the scale and I am happy to see the line come back. I'll buy any and all the sith/bad guy with lightsaber figures they produce.

I was in my son’s room looking at his “Clone Wars” figures (my figures are stored away), and the super articulation for a 3 3/4” figure are just works on art. It’s amazing the work Hasbro did back then.

Also the 5 point figures today appear to be slightly smaller in scale (am I correct?).

s-l300.jpg

That ugly joint in the middle that goes through the shirt is why I have not picked up of the new pretorian guards or kylo in 3.75 scale. They have that ugly joint going through the robes. Even general Hux has it. The 6 inch figures don't have it so I am thinking of switching to that scale.

I was in my son’s room looking at his “Clone Wars” figures (my figures are stored away), and the super articulation for a 3 3/4” figure are just works on art. It’s amazing the work Hasbro did back then.

Also the 5 point figures today appear to be slightly smaller in scale (am I correct?).

Yeah, it's funny you mention that - I bought the Boba/Han two pack a month or two ago (incredible Fett sculpt - best ever at this scale) and was staring at them thinking "are these smaller than the older SA figs?" I still haven't taken out my 3 3/4" collection to check - they seemed to measure correct though. Han certainly seems "slighter".

If they brought back the SA I'd consider getting back into 3 3/4" in a limited way.

It's funny the term SA - I remember that term was coined when figs were transitioning from the "spin" type elbow cut joint to true ball/hinge joints... I never thought Hasbro would reverse that trend (and still charge the same or more for the lesser new figs.) The SA stormie was a real revelation when it first appeared.

My gosh toy collectors can be so freaking melodramatic. :lol All of his little dramatic pauses as if he's getting choked up on account of being too upset to speak, give me a break. If you live in the US and have $500 to spend on a plastic barge and want it then get it, if you can't or don't want to then don't. Pretty simple and not really a life or death matter. :cuckoo:

Completely agree. "this is a dubious....dubious prospect". I had to stop watching this guy because it becomes too much. I think he makes some good points but for me, it's mostly whiny garbage. In the end, Buy or don't buy. I feel like this guy isn't giving adults enough credit in making their own financial decisions and the level of entitlement in his rant is off the charts.

What I don't get is that this probably never gets produced in the traditional production model. Hasbro tries something new and finds a way to produce a 4 foot, in scale, Sail Barge for $500US (Shipping and Jabba included) and this is the reaction? Also, I didn't know it was a bad thing to offer customers a payment options to make it easier to afford this. Even though it's really disappointing I can't purchase this since I'm outside the US, I'm glad they are offering it to the US collectors and trying out this new model. If it's successful, hopefully one day they may offer future projects to international customers.

On that note, I may have to rethink my Emperor Palpatine and 2 Royal Guards pre-order. I pre-paid and will have to wait over a year to get it. Very dubious.

You must have gotten further into that video than I did.:lol

He has a good face for radio and a good personality for customer service.:lecture

Yep, it's the same one.

New:

View attachment 396239

Old:

View attachment 396240

This first batch of Vintage Collection figures is pretty weak, apart from that Snoke. Hopefully we'll get more new molds for OT characters soon too.

Ah, bummer. Only upgraded the price.:lol

And... the packaging which I WILL need to buy because I'm a sucker for vintage packaging of my fave figs.:gah:

My all-time faves so far have been Luke Dagobah arrival and the Echo Base trooper, both as figs and packaging (the echo base trooper was a "should have been made" vintage fig.)

SMH, I can't understand why anyone would be pissed about this move. Hasbro doesn't have enough real estate in-store to even have this thing on the floor. Hell, the RO At-At I only saw in TRU and we all know where that's going. They don't even have 5000 stores to sell the damn thing one each. Hasbro is trying a new model because in order to cater to their core fans, they aren't gonna be able to rely on TRU. I fully expect Hasbro will offer this to other markets to reach all the fans just as they typically do. No other company re-ups SINGLE figures just to ensure everyone who wants one, gets one. Hasbro may not be making the best decisions as of late, but this is one of the most innovative overtures they've made to fans in a while. Get on board or not, but damn this is a 40+ year line with some "dubious" movie support and cartoons that go in wild directions...not quite sure what else they could ever do to innovate but damn, you can't compare Hasbro to friggin MattyCollector. That was a total ****bird operation. Hasbro certainly is not that.

Grey background, grey tablecloth, pasty skin, beige shirt, slightly darker beige pants. Talk about a visual representation of his unfulfilled and dull life. He's just one poorly executed Boba Fett away from a visit to Dignitas. Poor bastard.

Grey background, grey tablecloth, pasty skin, beige shirt, slightly darker beige pants. Talk about a visual representation of his unfulfilled and dull life. He's just one poorly executed Boba Fett away from a visit to Dignitas. Poor bastard.

Wow, talk about wild assumptions. I could make the same assumptions about you and the fact that you have nothing better to do than to post hundreds of posts on a forum devoted to adult dollies.

Back