3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, talk about wild assumptions. I could make the same assumptions about you and the fact that you have nothing better to do than to post hundreds of posts on a forum devoted to adult dollies.

I think you may be missing the humour in my comment and the comment with which it was a reply to. And we’re all on a site with hundreds or thousands of comments on a site about dollies. Doesn’t mean we’re all taking it quite so seriously. Humour bypass much?

We all like toys, that's why were here. Big toys. Small toys. Vehicles. Figures. Figures with guns. Figures with capes. Figures with posh office chairs. Figures with other figures. Whatever. But they're toys. That's all they are. The day I post a 15 minute rant about the 'conspicuous' way a toy company is releasing or funding their plastic toy space ship then I look forward to the subsequent poking with a stick by the internet. I just hope that during that 15 minutes I wouldn't look like the world had collapsed in on itself and the colour balance had broken on the camera.

I think you may be missing the humour in my comment and the comment with which it was a reply to. And we’re all on a site with hundreds or thousands of comments on a site about dollies. Doesn’t mean we’re all taking it quite so seriously. Humour bypass much?

Unfortunately with so much hate permeating this and other boards lately, it's getting more and more difficult to pick up on humor that it used to be. I'm sorry that I misinterpreted the intent of your comment. Times gone by I'd know exactly the intent but now it's damn near impossible unless the comment is just so wildly off kilter.

The day I post a 15 minute rant about the 'conspicuous' way a toy company is releasing or funding their plastic toy space ship then I look forward to the subsequent poking with a stick by the internet. I just hope that during that 15 minutes I wouldn't look like the world had collapsed in on itself and the colour balance had broken on the camera.

His video reminded me of the dreary and disheveled news anchors reporting all the deaths of people killed by Joker's beauty products...minus the part where people are actually dying.

776e4cab681f08f5592e81eefa3c046906a8debb.jpg

"Two more reports of collectors who decided it would be fun to preorder a big Star Wars toy. *Sigh* Dubious, dubious indeed." (moment of silence)

3.75" Collecting Thread

:lol :lol :lol

Meanwhile the HasLab numbers are crawling along. The Rebelscummers are getting worried.

I’m sure there will be a big push in the last week but wonder how close they will be to 5k that last week....I think you would have to be at 4K at least to hope to stand a chance of making 5k.

bbc71ed2600159c00bafa9d3dd1a1ac2.jpg

The suspense is terrible. I hope it will last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 3.75" Collecting Thread

I’m sure there will be a big push in the last week but wonder how close they will be to 5k that last week....I think you would have to be at 4K at least to hope to stand a chance of making 5k.

bbc71ed2600159c00bafa9d3dd1a1ac2.jpg

The suspense is terrible. I hope it will last.

Willy Wonka! :rock

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Meanwhile the HasLab numbers are crawling along. The Rebelscummers are getting worried.
Taking inspiration from the First Order chasing after the Resistance ships.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Preach it, brother! :)

I mean, while the execution was a little dramatic, he's not all wrong. Seems like a desperate move to come along with this now after abandoning this scale for so long. Generally speaking I don't bother with Hasbro much these days. It is a pain to collect almost any line from them. I know when the vintage collection was around last time it was a bloody nightmare for Canadians. Almost every vehicle was some sort of retailer exclusive and not available in Canada.

I like the idea of the Barge, but I sold all of my 3 and 3/4 inch stuff a couple years ago. I don't really want to go back and rebuy a lot of the characters to populate the Barge and I can't see Hasbro committing to actually getting the main players from the Barge out.

Nice group pic of the upcoming TVC Wave 1:

star-wars-vintage-collection-wave-one-2018.jpg

Think I’ll just buy the rebel Trooper. Don’t need to do anything outside OT with this line.

Is there any difference in the Hoth Rebel, or same old figure from years ago? Other than the "new" price I mean.

Ah, bummer. Only upgraded the price.:lol

And... the packaging which I WILL need to buy because I'm a sucker for vintage packaging of my fave figs.:gah:

My all-time faves so far have been Luke Dagobah arrival and the Echo Base trooper, both as figs and packaging (the echo base trooper was a "should have been made" vintage fig.)

Packaging is great on this one. I don’t believe this figure was ever released as a single carded figure. He was shown very early on during the legacy collection, they were supposed to swap out the bearded version during a later wave but it never happened and it then took forever for him to finally be released (this was always my preferred version). Still one of my favorites. He was eventually part of a play set and one of those Hoth Vintage Collection 3-packs.

I really hope the 5000 they ''require'' is a bluff and they'll actually settle for less.

I think they would have to fudge the numbers to make it get to 5000. But that might not be possible legally given the way it was set up.

But I don’t even mean it from a legal point, I just mean it in the sense that if people knew that the next time they still might go forward even if they don’t meet the goal there might be far less of a campaign among fans to help promote it and the numbers might struggle. This will be pretty interesting. If we were at 3K I’d say there’s a good chance. As is, it’s a bit tough to say.

I really hope the 5000 they ''require'' is a bluff and they'll actually settle for less.

You have to wonder - how much DOES it cost to create a 3' toy from scratch and include shipping. 5000 X 500 is $2,500,000. I wonder if that's small change when creating so many elaborate molds (we're talking way beyond a set of action figures complexity here) plus color glossy packaging art-manufacturing plus shipping... or if that's a lot. I guess you'd have to be a toy industry insider to know for sure.

Think I’ll just buy the rebel Trooper. Don’t need to do anything outside OT with this line.

Packaging is great on this one. I don’t believe this figure was ever released as a single carded figure. He was shown very early on during the legacy collection, they were supposed to swap out the bearded version during a later wave but it never happened and it then took forever for him to finally be released (this was always my preferred version). Still one of my favorites. He was eventually part of a play set and one of those Hoth Vintage Collection 3-packs.

Yeah, I totally got out of the 4" stuff, (I buy the occasional 6" Imperial trooper when they are 1/2 price and it's one I really want) but I really wanted that Hoth Rebel on a vintage card. I have a few of that figure along with all the Hoth battle stuff.

Surprised to see it appear again - it must be quite a few years back because I stopped 4" buying maybe 5 years ago when 1/6 rained on the financial parade.

I'm really torn about the barge - five years ago it would have been a no-brainer to get, and I do have pretty much all the Vintage Collection versions of many of the figs that would go on it, but it's expensive, takes up room I don't have and I'm really not very focused on 4" anymore. That being said, it's a kind of "once in 40 years" kinda thing.

I've gotta admit a part of me is tempted to go for the Barge just to see my 8 year old son's face when he sees it sitting under (or rather next to) the tree on Christmas morning, lol. It might give me an inkling as to how kids my age reacted to seeing the USS Flagg.

You have to wonder - how much DOES it cost to create a 3' toy from scratch and include shipping. 5000 X 500 is $2,500,000. I wonder if that's small change when creating so many elaborate molds (we're talking way beyond a set of action figures complexity here) plus color glossy packaging art-manufacturing plus shipping... or if that's a lot. I guess you'd have to be a toy industry insider to know for sure.

I was thinking the same thing. $2.5 million is a huge chunk of change. I would think that's pretty much the whole project bankrolled by these pre-orders. But you're right--it could just be a drop in the bucket. I also wonder if Hasbro higher ups were being dicks about the project and told the team, "hey, if you nerds want to make the stupid toy, go raise the money yourselves."

How close does the barge look in size & proportion to the studio model? In some pics it looks passable to me but in others it looks too narrow or maybe scaled oddly.

These look awesome. I'll probably get them all. But definitely Rey and Kylo.

Back