2015 Academy Award Nominations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[emoji38] what on earth makes you think this
Forrest Gump is not looked upon very kindly these days. It would not do as well if it was released today. The same can be said for many other films that were popular with the Academy. Same with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt in As Good As It Gets.

Couldn't care less about Birdman and Grand Budapest winning the most awards, to me these 2 were the award winners of the night :rotfl Travolta's getting career (and narcotics) advice from Gary Busey apparently.

dont know if it has been mentioned.. but I loved the star wars shout outs !

What was so creepy about John Travolta? Women touch men like that all the time...and you don't see people losing their minds. :dunno Besides, he just trying to prove to people that he's totally straight and not gay. :lol

Forrest Gump is not looked upon very kindly these days. It would not do as well if it was released today. The same can be said for many other films that were popular with the Academy. Same with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt in As Good As It Gets.

Forrest Gump has certainly had a backlash in the years since it won the oscar but if it hadn't come out in 1994 and were a new film today - perhaps it'd do just as well as it did originally. If it were Hanks delivering that exact same performance....hmm....perhaps some would regard it as not his finest work considering things he later did? (or should I say ''previously'' did if we're talking about a hypothetical reality in which Forrest Gump was made in 2014)

Last edited:
If you don't think what he did was creepy as hell then I wouldn't advertise that if I were you. ;)

dpCQcyu.gif

Couldn't care less about Birdman and Grand Budapest winning the most awards, to me these 2 were the award winners of the night :rotfl Travolta's getting career (and narcotics) advice from Gary Busey apparently.

When I saw this interview with Melanie, I thought yeesh she had so much surgery done when she talked you can see her cheeks and jaw literally falling off her face.

As for Dakota, cute girl, too bad she inherited her father's weird nose.

Travolta's painfully awkward, but people should cut the dude a little slack, considering they never would've got last night's awkward moment had they not blown last year's so out of proportion.:lol

Wow Hulu actually got the actual Oscar show up in parts.

Watching the Kendrick, Black and harris opening now :lol

Yeah Idina saved that skit, because Travolta was either high or not prepared, that's why he had to resort to face touching :lol

I have to see Foxcatcher I guess, I can't believe the makeup transformations on Mark and Steve Carell :lol

And is that Tatum or John Cena :horror

I never would have guessed watching True Romance in 1993 that Alabama would one day beat out Meryl Streep for an Academy Award. :lol

Speaking of which, Don't you think Arquette has aged to look like Streep, my god I can't believe it. But Meryl will always be more beautiful

I finally saw the Terence Howard moment on Hulu..WTF??

No wonder they are buzzing about it on Social Media, he wasn't even talking about Selma..Is he serious

Back