2011 Hot Toys Marvel Predictions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is zero reason to think they are going to rerelease the mk1, mk2 had a significant part in iron man 2, mk1 wishes are simply that, hottoys isn't going to re release the mk1 yeah it could use a better HS but that hardly justifies a rerelease,

There is zero reason to think they are going to rerelease the mk1, mk2 had a significant part in iron man 2, mk1 wishes are simply that, hottoys isn't going to re release the mk1 yeah it could use a better HS but that hardly justifies a rerelease,

The insane amount of money HT would make from old & new collector's wishing to have a complete HT IM armor line is reason enough to think it's justifiable.

:lecture Definitely!

I'm gonna see Thor today... I'm sure I'll have a whole list of characters to post here when I get back! :lol

Well, maybe more of a wish list rather than an actual prediction list but I'd love to see:

Loki
Sif
Volstagg
Fandral
Hogun
Heimdall
Destroyer

If they can pump out 10 Iron Man figures of basically the same character, then sure they can give us some Asgardian warriors!
So please HT, don't just stop at Thor and Odin, but continue this great line, because this is a film that most certainly deserves it!

Call me crazy, but I can't help but feeling that we might get a Mk 1 re-release with Hall of Armor Base.

You're crazy.

So please HT, don't just stop at Thor and Odin, but continue this great line, because this is a film that most certainly deserves it!

If the film does well (which it looks poised to do), then expect more Thor figures.

Hot Toys negotiated a license with Marvel for past, present, and future film properties. :yess:

Captain America & The Red Skull are coming, too.

The Avengers next year is when things will really go nuts! :hi5:

The insane amount of money HT would make from old & new collector's wishing to have a complete HT IM armor line is reason enough to think it's justifiable.

Yep. Anyone who completely rules it out hasn't been paying attention. I'd really want to block such a possibility out of my mind too if I dropped crazy money on the original though :lol :cuckoo:

Yep. Anyone who completely rules it out hasn't been paying attention. I'd really want to block such a possibility out of my mind too if I dropped crazy money on the original though :lol :cuckoo:

Actually I had one I sold to a boardie for 200 bucks then got another one for 100 and still have it, trust me I'm an iron man hoer but I think it would affect hottoys negatively in the long run,

Actually I had one I sold to a boardie for 200 bucks then got another one for 100 and still have it, trust me I'm an iron man hoer but I think it would affect hottoys negatively in the long run,

I think it would affect the market value of the Mark I a little bit, at least initially like it has the Mark II that you can now pick up for 325-400 from fellow boardees but was selling for way more before the MK II AUV announcement.

In the long run though I can't see how this is negative for HT when you consider how many units they would sell worldwide and the profits of these sales.

Because when you keep reissuing product it would start to ruin the name they created for them selves, these are collectibles , I'm not saying that the mk1 would ruin hottoys name, but if the redo all of the first movie line than what's next? People will _____ and complain that their redoing iron man and not any of the older stuff, and by redoing older stuff it cuts into new products coming out, there will be a breaking point, not saying the mk 1 is it but it will definitely open pandoras box. ( avatar fans would like that :lol)

I see your point, and it's a good one.

The thing is that there are only 2 armors from IM 1 that can be redone, and technically the new HT Mark II is from the IM 2 film. If they started redoing every armor from the IM 2 film than I would agree with you 100% b/c that's 6 total armors that were on screen in the film :lol

My guess is that IF there were ever to be another Mark I release it will have to make another on screen appearance in the IM 3 film in 2013 or whenever that releases b/c like someone mentioned earlier, the Mark I had no role in the IM 2 film except to be displayed in the Hall of Armors.

And I would gladly welcome a new mk1 with giant open arms! Lol but I think a mk 3 would be the logical assumption because they have a new platform to release it on

Given that HT's license with Marvel covers past, present, and future movie characters, I wouldn't be surprised to see some figures from the upcoming X-Men film. A Marvel character license is a cash cow, after all.

I haven't heard anything positive from my source, but as an agreement is in place, the figs could well be in the pipeline.

As always, the biggest "depends" is the success of the film!

Fox has an uneven track record with their Marvel flicks, so keep your fingers crossed. If I hear anything definite, I'll pass it on! (And tell Warchild to back off.):wink1:

Nah . . . rather not get too specific lest my friend gets in trouble!

She works at Marvel is all I'll say . . . kewl?

Back