2010 NCAA Football Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fear that the QB situation is gonna end up being the factor that loses them games. That's largely what happened last year, IMO (well, that and some bad coaching here and there).

Almost came to fruition today.

The Mad Hatter strikes again....and J. Jefferson almost fraked up another game with time mismanagement.

You can't blame that one on Jefferson. That was all on the coaching staff. They pulled Jefferson after the run play but didn't send Lee in. So 15 seconds ran off the clock while there was NO QB on the field.

LSU is by far the worst 5-0 team, lol.

How a team with 2 national titles in the last decade, that many resources, and that much prestige can't get a decent QB boggles me. They just need a game manager, really, but instead, they have two buffoons who constantly make bad decisions that put their team in trouble.

I'll settle for a 1 point win. Florida's defense is underrated.

No way. I knew Alabama was going to run up the score. I'm not even a 'Bama fan, but there's no denying they're awesome.

~~Good day for my teams--- Bulls won big time, Noles also had an impressive game, and the Gators got stomped.

South Florida FTW! :)

Bama is still weak in their right side with the freshman DB....still more than half a season to go so maybe they'll improve. Tough game at South Carolina next week.

I am so peeved at how Texas played. I blame Mack and Gilbert. Why? Because Gilbert SUCKS and Mack needs to bench him to teach him a lesson. I realize he's our only QB with some experience, but that doesn't mean he should stay that way.

Remember last season in the final at the bcs? What happened? Colt got hurt and Gilbert had to go in, no experience, made us lose the dang game.

So, Mack needs to bench that Gilbert, put in Case (since we were going to lose anyways, why not give the kid a try) and give him experience too.

Also!!!!!!!! Gilbert needs to stop throwing that ball to the side. Where does it get the receivers? sacked! He needs to either run it (which hasn't been working all that well) or throw it down the field.

Then again, we can't seem to make a pass/catch. We are the only team who never makes the catch because Gilbert either way over throws it, OR he throws it to someone who is covered. This kid can't think under pressure, which is why he's throwing it to the side.

I do not care if his daddy was a QB, doesn't mean Gilbert is going to be good enough to be one.

Rant over..for now.

Will someone please step up and beat that crappy Oklahoma Sooner team? They've squeeked by every game but one. . .

Alabama and Oregon in the MNC game.

How much of a whiny _____ is the Minnesota coach? Gimme a break.

Kind of ambivalent about the Alabama loss. I hate them and their _______ coach, but I want an SEC team in the national championship game to humiliate their opponent. Oh, well. Guess we'll see two over-hyped, over-rated teams going at it instead. *yawn*

There are teams outside the SEC that play pretty damn good football and are deserving of playing in the game. So I'm glad that we'll get a chance maybe to see some of that.

Look at the national title games over the last four years. Case closed. In fact, I don't think an SEC team has lost a single BCS championship game yet, while Oklahoma and Ohio State seem to lose every other year.

Yeah, an SEC team has won it the last four years. Though last year Alabama damn near lost after knocking out Texas best QB. You keep going back and you see things have been pretty balanced. SEC fans that seem to think the only good football is the one played in that conference crack me up, and are the type of fans that make me cheer against any team in that conference.

Are SEC fans as a whole so conceited that they can't agree there are many good teams and games played outside that bubble?

Call it conceit if you will, it's just what the evidence shows. And I think it is a shame that, because the SEC teams play the best teams week in and week out they often lose a chance to get in the national title game, while teams from weaker conferences that have an easier time going undefeated can get in. I'm not denying that there are good teams outside the SEC. However, the best of the SEC have been better than the best outside for the last few years. If Oregon or Ohio State were playing SEC caliber opponents every week, I bet neither team would be undefeated right now.

The solution would be playoffs, which would prove it beyond any doubt. But then, imagine the uproar when we got SEC vs. SEC year after year :D

Its just that fans of that conference just don't seem to love their conference to the point they can't accept that they won't have the best team in the country or the best team might not be in their conference. Its recent evidence but long term doesn't support that. You play who is on your schedule. Can't help that.

I'm all down for a playoff. I think its the way to go. Though I think you'd rarely see two teams from the same conference play each other. A one game playoff situation anything can happen. Thats sport right there.

Of course, SEC wasn't always the best and may not be the best in the future, but they are at this specific moment in time. My undergrad alma mater was actually a Conference USA school, and I primarily root for them, but they can't hang with an LSU or Florida and I understand that. And several SEC teams are trending downward right now--Tennessee, Georgia, Ole Miss, Florida. But they still, on the aggregate, recruit the best players in the country and play the best football. And that's what it all comes down to, IMO.

If Ohio State plays SEC team X in the title game this year and humbles them, I'll give them the credit they deserve and maybe I'll change my thinking on this matter. But I don't envision that happening. . .mostly because I figure we'll see Ohio State (again) playing Boise State or whomever.

Last edited:
Right now the SEC has had teams playing some of the best football. However, I love watching teams from all over and know there are many teams that are as good as any team in the SEC. Ad the old saying goes that's why they play the game.

I don't think Ohio state is all that great. They're good but I think u could very well see Boise State or TCU take it home. They're playing good football. Forget their opponents for the most part and watch how they play.

Back