2-1B 1:6 scale resin kit. UPDATE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2-1B 1:6 scale resin kit. Taking Deposits!

From waist to top of head will be printed clear, then non clear areas can be painted.

Belly will be hollow allowing guts to be built/added.

Legs will allow for wiring to run up internally.

Shoulders and neck will have 'pins' to allow some posing.

Hope that helps!
Thanks-

Thanks for clarifying, Rusty. Will you be doing the printing yourself for this project?

And I do hope as others have said that you'll think about some other pieces to go with the 21B - FX7 is a quite simple design with repetitive elements (ie all lower arms the same, half of body is same arm housing repeated all the way around) that would simplify the sculpt a lot, and even the 21B's control board would be easy to do but a nice addition.

Woohoo, so glad to hear that. Thanks!

I'll probably still have to do some surgery on the head so that I can install lights for the eyes, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

It's a good point - will the head/skull itself be hollow or solid? I assume the head would have to be clear solid.

I think I was always assuming that an LED placed in the belly area would shine enough light up into a clear head that (with the head/face painted very opaque around the unpainted "eyes" dots) the eyes would dimly shine, but maybe not.

It's possible that using the front of a small/bright flashlight in the belly and aiming it vertically up at the neck/head might direct enough lighting up into the head.

It will have to shine through a solid neck joint but if you paint the head with a shiny silver first (then paint over that with the dull metal body color) it might created a sort of internal mirror that will intensify light inside the head and out of the tiny eyes that you leave unpainted, creating a lit-eyes effect, though duller than the belly would appear.

It's a good point - will the head/skull itself be hollow or solid? I assume the head would have to be clear solid.

I think I was always assuming that an LED placed in the belly area would shine enough light up into a clear head that (with the head/face painted very opaque around the unpainted "eyes" dots) the eyes would dimly shine, but maybe not.

It's possible that using the front of a small/bright flashlight in the belly and aiming it vertically up at the neck/head might direct enough lighting up into the head.

It will have to shine through a solid neck joint but if you paint the head with a shiny silver first (then paint over that with the dull metal body color) it might created a sort of internal mirror that will intensify light inside the head and out of the tiny eyes that you leave unpainted, creating a lit-eyes effect, though duller than the belly would appear.

What about an led in the belly with some fiber optic run from the bulb to small holes drilled in the eye sockets? Same thing I’d do to light the cockpit of a little x-wing. It would give you a brighter and more consistent light effect for the eye bulbs. With the right resistor you can bring the brightness down to scale.

I've sculpted a 'tunnel' up through the neck to help light the eyes. Hopefully they can execute that way!

I'm about to pull the trigger and start the printing process. Now is the time to get on board, hoping to at least break even with a few more orders!

21-B is off to the printer!!
Couple spots left on this run, PM now to get onboard!
Thanks!

21-B is off to the printer!!
Couple spots left on this run, PM now to get onboard!
Thanks!

Are you on Facebook or other boards like OSW? There are other places you should be seeking interest in this - quite a few droid builder groups on Facebook etc.

Unfortunately this board isn't as busy or populated as it used to be, also some members seem to only check in here every few weeks or longer, so takes a lot longer for them to see your project.

Are you on Facebook or other boards like OSW? There are other places you should be seeking interest in this - quite a few droid builder groups on Facebook etc.

Unfortunately this board isn't as busy or populated as it used to be, also some members seem to only check in here every few weeks or longer, so takes a lot longer for them to see your project.

Not sure what OSW is- do you have a link?
Thanks!

For those of you familiar with Hemble and his stuff, he used to post there. (OSW). He may still. I have not been in that often.

It is a good place to post your goods. The board historically is primarily modern military, but other periods, fantasy and star wars have find representation.

They have a section just for customizers to sell stuff. Definitely worth considering and investigating.

Sadly it seems all the web boards (at least the ones i go to) have seen a decline in traffic. Even this one here. You used to have to look over at least the first 2 pages of threads to stay current.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

OSW has been dying a slow death since the new owners took over about three years ago, migrated the board to a new server, and it developed so many bugs (of which only a small handful have been fixed — or partially fixed) that the majority of users fled to Facebook groups, and some others (like me) created a new forum: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/. I still visit the OSW, but it’s a shell of its former self, with only one moderator left — as the new owners chased off the others (since it was such a struggle for so long to get them to fix things). That was my number one visited site for the longest time, as unlike this place (which can be cliquey as hell at times), that place was a boundless resource for customizers and kitbashers. You’re more than welcome to check out the OSF (I’m one of the Mods), to see if it’s some place you’d like to join (that goes for anyone); we have a Sales, Tutorial, New Product Announcements, General Discussion, Non-Sixth Scale, and a 1/6 Scale section devoted to Videos. Our numbers are small (366 members), but we’ve only been around for a little over two years, and most of our members joined through “word of mouth” (like this). I still miss what the OSW used to be.

Yeah, it's sad what had happened to most of the boards. OSW used to have thriving Friday night chats. I'll have to check out that other form, thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Is this the most popular board of this kind on the internet? I have no idea

FB seems so impersonal and not as easy to navigate to the topics I'm interested in as here.

Don't know maybe that's just me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back