12" Universal Monsters Redux?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love for SS to revist the UM again. They are what launched SS and put them on the scene. I had collected most of the 12" and have all the PFs except for Mummy and Wolfman. I started selling off some of my 12" just because they didn't seem on par with the figure bodies and quality that has been available in the last few years. It would be great to pick up the Monsters on new updated bodies and new sculpts.

I must have missed this Q&A... very cool news. I don't know if I would replace my current 1/6 figures. But I would certainly add to them. Fingers crossed for a Dr. Frankenstein :rock :rock :rock

That whole Henry Frankenstein thing has always bugged me. If there is nobody to be found that is in charge of the estate, make a head the very closely resembles him, if not an exact likeness of him. If they can't find anybody to pay them for the rights, there shouldnt' be anybody to sue either. And if they all of a sudden pop up, then at least there would be someone to work with. I know its not that simple legally, but in my mind it seems plausible :lol

He'd be an easy bash if we just had a good sculpt... all you need is the Young Frankenstein figure and some dye or black pants.

I tried sculpting one, but my skills were not up to the task :lol Its one I'd love to see Spenser or one of the other resident sculptors tackle.

drfrankc.jpg

i wish sideshow would give us some hammer horror figures to go with the classic universal monsters they have made

I think the only Hammer Horror figure was made by Product Enterprises, but now they appear to be out of the 1/6 game.

Not sure, they have the Hammer logo, but the company listed is Product Entrprises. I think they are also making all of the Dr Who figures.

That whole Henry Frankenstein thing has always bugged me. If there is nobody to be found that is in charge of the estate, make a head the very closely resembles him, if not an exact likeness of him. If they can't find anybody to pay them for the rights, there shouldnt' be anybody to sue either. And if they all of a sudden pop up, then at least there would be someone to work with. I know its not that simple legally, but in my mind it seems plausible :lol

i think it's fair to say that what seems like common sense to us normal people, is often different, if not the exact opposite under the laws :lol

I'm re-watching the Universal Monster movies again, and had to give this thread a bump.

I own most of the Sideshow 12" figures and love them all. However the fact that Sideshow bailed on this line and never made Henry Frankenstein or Lugosi as Igor bugs the crap out of me.

I say a movement is needed!

I'm re-watching the Universal Monster movies again, and had to give this thread a bump.

I own most of the Sideshow 12" figures and love them all. However the fact that Sideshow bailed on this line and never made Henry Frankenstein or Lugosi as Igor bugs the crap out of me.

I say a movement is needed!

I agree fellow Sideshow Collector. I want Igor and Henry.

To my mind, the original Universal line was SSC's finest hour. To update them would be a good idea. Perhaps, if they did another Frankenstein monster, an all new monster body could be produced.

CHEERS!

I really miss this line. A Henry Frankenstein and Claude Rains Phantom would be grails.

colin_clive.jpg

phantom%201943%20the%20mask.jpg

The-Phantom-of-the-Opera.jpg

Sideshow has several missed opportunities for 12" figures.

Henry Frankenstein
Dr. Pretorius from BOF
Claude Rains as The Phantom
Bela Lugosi as Igor
Basil Rathbone as Dr. Wolf Frankenstein
Any character of Lionel Atwill

We need a Mad Ghoul, Ape woman, Cat and the Canary killer guy, YGOR (we got an 8 inch why no 12 inch?) a Dr Frank, Kharis, Karloff Invisible Ray with glowing hands and head!, a Dynamo Dan ..........................

Back