12 shot dead at movie theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 14 shot dead at movie theater

They are interviewing one of the friends of the victims over the phone and apparantly the victim survived a shooting a few weeks ago, and she set up a charity for fire victims.
It's just so unreal.

As for the mental heath of the shooter, unfortunately it's not something anyone can predict. Some peeps lose the plot for some reason and it's visible to see that they are having problems and family/friends can maybe intervene. Unfortunately there are others who just snap and resign themselves to whatever they are going to (be it to theselves or others), but can continue on with 'regular' life so no-one is any the wiser.

This guy may have mental problems and will regret it later, I dunno I'm no doc. He may just have done this for the 'joy' of it and have no remorse whatsoever.
Who knows.
x :peace

EDIT, Latest is that the Pentagon have said that some of the 'casualties' are Military Personel. Apparently there is an Air Force Base nearby.

Yes there is an Air Force base in Aurora.

Well whether or not he experienced joy, can regret it later, or was in a psychotic state when the actual act took place, there is clear abnormal psychological functioning going on for someone to do this.

I'm no expert on such things, but based on my observations unless there is a major crisis "shock" or drugs/schizophrenia involved I don't think someone living a normal, functional, healthy life really just "snaps." These are people with major problems and frustrations that build up to the "snapping" point where they go off the deep end and decide to do something unbelievable.

They are interviewing one of the friends of the victims over the phone and apparantly the victim survived a shooting a few weeks ago, and she set up a charity for fire victims.
It's just so unreal.

As for the mental heath of the shooter, unfortunately it's not something anyone can predict. Some peeps lose the plot for some reason and it's visible to see that they are having problems and family/friends can maybe intervene. Unfortunately there are others who just snap and resign themselves to whatever they are going to (be it to theselves or others), but can continue on with 'regular' life so no-one is any the wiser.

This guy may have mental problems and will regret it later, I dunno I'm no doc. He may just have done this for the 'joy' of it and have no remorse whatsoever.
Who knows.

EDIT, Latest is that the Pentagon have said that some of the 'casualties' are in the Military. Apparently there is an Air Force Base nearby.

Yeah you mean Jessica Ghawi?She wasn't there during the shootout,she left a few minutes before it happened.This happened in Canada in June.

Executions regularly cost more then life sentence in jail.

I find it very hard to believe it would be cheaper to house and feed this guy for 50+ years than it would be to execute him.

In 2007, around $74 billion was spent on corrections.[90] The total number of inmates in 2007 in federal, state, and local lockups was 2,419,241.[12] That comes to around $30,600 per inmate.
In 2005, it cost an average of $23,876 dollars per state prisoner. State prison spending varied widely, from $45,000 a year in Rhode Island to $13,000 in Louisiana.[14][88]
In California in 2009, it cost an average of $47,102 a year to incarcerate an inmate in state prison. From 2001 to 2009, the average annual cost increased by about $19,500.[91]

Yeah you mean Jessica Ghawi?She wasn't there during the shootout,she left a few minutes before it happened.This happened in Canada in June.
Yep, that was her. they were interviewing her friend over the phone and he was saying how she had only just moved to that area about a month ago or something.
Sounds like she narrowly missed that Canada shoot out, just be taken out by another sicko a few weeks later :(.

This is truly terrible for all involved.

It sounds to me like this guy's motives could have been to make an impact on the upcoming UN Gun voting by specifically targeting members of the military.

What a scary situation for those in the theater.
My deepest sympathy to those who lost their lives. Prayers to the famillies involved.

What an unfortunate and shameful event.

Sad news. I hope swift justice is served.

Terrible news.

Prolly was a Avenger fan.

Damn Evilface, took you long enough:lol
Anyways, this pathetic excuse for a human being deserves the worst sentence. I hope he burns in hell. Not you, Evilface:1-1:

Yeah, give him a bullet in his head. Then he won't have to live with what he did.

What if he just doesn't care? What if he instead relishes the memory of what he did?

Exactly....I don't think Charles Manson minds too much living with what he did....he actually relishes it.

Possible that nothing could be done, but unlikely those issues just manifested themselves after the guy moved out on his own. And if his mom was in contact enough to know he was disturbed and had the potential to do such a thing, even if he's living in a different state, I don't think she was helpless. The problem is, she probably had no idea what to do or what to say to him. I'm not laying the blame on his mother, by the way (unless she knew he was stockpiling weapons or something), but if he had a major physical health issue I suspect his mom would have tried to do as much as she could to get the issue resolved. The stigma against mental health in this country is pervasive, and so those suffering from it won't discuss the issues and those who could step up and assist don't volunteer to do so. Health insurance companies are having to be forced by the feds to cover those kinds of issues because customers aren't demanding comparable coverage, which is a reflection of this problem.

Good post. I just saw that the shooter was a medical student in Colorado and dropped out after completing his first year. Maybe that's the trigger his mother could have seen.

screen_shot_2012-07-20_at_11.55.37_am_3.png

You guys want to bicker or insult, take it to pms and stop being disrespectful and trying to make the thread a soapbox.

This is NOT the thread for it, consider yourselves warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back