12 shot dead at movie theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 14 shot dead at movie theater

This crap wouldn't of happened if civilians were armed,like they should be,and could of stop this guy from killing more people..

I think it's only natural during a tragedy such as this that people want to find a motive or some explanation. Did he have mental problems, was he abused as a child, was there some traumatic event recently that caused him to snap, was it political, etc...It's super frightening to think that someone who seemed so "normal" could commit such an atrocious and random act against innocents out enjoying a movie. Crimes like this make no sense...and people want to be able to find a reason because as crazy as it is...that helps alleviate some of the fear. Well he was insane...he was abused as a kid...in truth there are just incredibly messed up individuals out there that unfortunately don't always put up any red flags beforehand to let people know something is wrong. And that is what is really frightening, I think.

This crap wouldn't of happened if civilians were armed,like they should be,and could of stop this guy from killing more people..

or kill alien intruders...:rock

I think there are 3 mods in here cleaning at the same time.

Considering he had released tear gas into the crowd, was wearing a gas mask and bullet proof vest...and with the fear and panic of the movie goers trying to escape...I don't think it would have been that easy.

The guy just finished his medical education too,he was gonna be a doctor.Why waste it all just like that?

Pretty sure that would create more of this dude.

Lots of people in Texas have licenses. I have one. I live in Katy -- one of the most licensed areas of the country. Not too many gunfights out here ... much less mass murders. Concealed hangun licenses don't create people like this.

Considering he had released tear gas into the crowd, was wearing a gas mask and bullet proof vest...and with the fear and panic of the movie goers trying to escape...I don't think it would have been that easy.

Would've been if there had been, say, a half-dozen armed civilians. Somebody had a clear shot.

Being shot in a kevlar vest hurts. A lot. He'd feel it and probably go down, even if it didn't kill him.

SnakeDoc

You should hear this boob that was just on HNL criticizing TDKR
and saying the "heightened" violence could be the reason why the sick _____ shot the people...huh?
Btw, the guy who made that ridiculous comment, just spoiled the movie too regarding a scene between Catwoman and Bane. WTF?!

I have to agree with you here. I am all for people carrying and do so myself but this guy put a lot of thought into doing this. It's easy to say from the privacy of our homes that we would have drilled the bad guy through the eye. In reality with it being dark, smokey, someone actively looking for targets, the noise from gun fire and people screaming and being trampled, the reality would be much different.

This forum works in mysterious ways. People can make jokes about something tragic like this but discussing the appropriate punishment for the murderer is not allowed... We must go somewhere else.

Medical school is 4 years and most residencies afterwards are 3-5 years depending on which field he wanted to go. He was probably a third or fourth year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back