12" Moses-Men of Faith Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moses arrived today. Very quality figure. Easily on par with SS on their hits. No doll dot on the eyes. Quality clothing and stiff joints on the body to hold poses well and very articulated.

My ONLY beef would be I would have weathered the tablets to look a bit more like stone and would have written the commandments in Hebrew. And the rope used for the sandals comes off a bit cheap looking.

Overall a VERY nice figure. Better than I expected and I'd give it a solid 7.5 out of 10 for their first venture.

Have you heard anything about them doing Archangels - or is this going to be strictly limited to human men?

No word on this, but some Angels and Seraphims would be a very cool idea, I'll ask.

Moses arrived today. Very quality figure. Easily on par with SS on their hits. No doll dot on the eyes. Quality clothing and stiff joints on the body to hold poses well and very articulated.

My ONLY beef would be I would have weathered the tablets to look a bit more like stone and would have written the commandments in Hebrew. And the rope used for the sandals comes off a bit cheap looking.

Overall a VERY nice figure. Better than I expected and I'd give it a solid 7.5 out of 10 for their first venture.

Sounds like he turned out well. Hope to check him out soon.

This is my favorite depiction of Satan in a movie:

4980527251_d73aab4c67_z.jpg

I cannot stand to watch the whole movie though...

I'd love to see this guy too:

52013.6a00d83451b05569e2012876a7add7970c-pi.jpg

Passion of the Christ is just tasteless, anti-Semitic garbage, but HELL YES to Morgan Freeman as God. They could NOT have cast God any better.

well, come to think of it. God would have been Moses's easy accessory with this figure release....a burnin bush.:lol

Mine arrived today. It´s a great figure. The only thing I could change is the tables, needs more distressed work and hebrew words . I´m surprised by the the final quality :clap

5600402850_8cb5d7be91_b.jpg

I just got word about the Jesus Christ figure thats next and I am not so sure what to think of it! I am not too keen on this idea as I know where this could go with some people having this in hand!

We are currently working on Jesus right now, and because we will have Jesus on the cross as well so we are giving the figure a new body so that it will look good on the cross.

Not sure if I like having a 12" figure of Jesus hanging on the Cross

He should have two variants, but a 1:6 Christ on the cross would be a very stunning centerpiece.

I was just thinking that a Christ from the Passion would be a cool figure, then it occured to me how that wouldn't work for teaching children at all.

Why not? IMHO, that Jesus is better for teaching kids about what he did for them than the Comic Book Super Jesus many contemporary protestant Christians espouse.

I just got word about the Jesus Christ figure thats next and I am not so sure what to think of it! I am not too keen on this idea as I know where this could go with some people having this in hand!

We are currently working on Jesus right now, and because we will have Jesus on the cross as well so we are giving the figure a new body so that it will look good on the cross.

Not sure if I like having a 12" figure of Jesus hanging on the Cross
As a Catholic, I'm all for it.

And count me among those hoping it resembles Jim Caviezel from THE PASSION...

Why not? IMHO, that Jesus is better for teaching kids about what he did for them than the Comic Book Super Jesus many contemporary protestant Christians espouse.

As a Catholic, I'm all for it.

And count me among those hoping it resembles Jim Caviezel from THE PASSION...

Yeah. I'd love little Jimmy to play with his shredded, bloody, black-eyed Jesus action figure with squirting wound action.

THE PASSION was extremely well-made with beautiful production value, and I can certainly appreciate what Gibson was trying to do... but I'll take emotionally uplifting and inspirational epics like The King of Kings as Ben-Hur any day over watching Jesus being tortured and killed for two-hours.

Yeah. I'd love little Jimmy to play with his shredded, bloody, black-eyed Jesus action figure with squirting wound action.

THE PASSION... was extremely well-made with beautiful production value, and I can certainly appreciate what Gibson was trying to do... but I'll take emotionally uplifting and inspirational epics like The King of Kings as Ben-Hur any day over watching Jesus being tortured and killed for two-hours.

Just different focus of faiths, my friend. I grew up watching (and later participating in during my teen years) Passion Plays as a child during Easter season. The whole Stations of The Cross thing really gave me appreciation for what was endured for me, and all of us (if that is your belief). The uplifting, magical, and miraculous stuff is great. But it's the visceral reality of Christ suffering (for me) that has always resonated with me, as it does most Catholics. And THE PASSION... is essentially just a straight Stations of The Cross movie. Beat for beat.

BTW, not many are aware that the initial meaning of "Passion" was/is "Suffering". That's why they're called Passion Plays, and why the film has that title. It's the entire point.

I keep going back and forth on owning these. On the one hand I feel like it might be a little demeaning to what I see as real life heroes of history to own toys based off of them. On the other hand I also think it would be kind of awesome to recognize my true priorities in life even when it comes to action figures.

If they contine with movie-inspired likenesses I'll probably have to jump on board at some point.

Back