12" Moses-Men of Faith Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moses arrived today. Very quality figure. Easily on par with SS on their hits. No doll dot on the eyes. Quality clothing and stiff joints on the body to hold poses well and very articulated.

My ONLY beef would be I would have weathered the tablets to look a bit more like stone and would have written the commandments in Hebrew. And the rope used for the sandals comes off a bit cheap looking.

Overall a VERY nice figure. Better than I expected and I'd give it a solid 7.5 out of 10 for their first venture.

Goot to know. I ordered mine late yesterday and woke up to an email of thanks from the company and my shipping info.

They seem to be ok.

I just got word about the Jesus Christ figure thats next and I am not so sure what to think of it! I am not too keen on this idea as I know where this could go with some people having this in hand!

We are currently working on Jesus right now, and because we will have Jesus on the cross as well so we are giving the figure a new body so that it will look good on the cross.

Not sure if I like having a 12" figure of Jesus hanging on the Cross

Not sure I like this isea. For me I would rather one of the good shepard like kIng of Kings. We shall see.

Why not? IMHO, that Jesus is better for teaching kids about what he did for them than the Comic Book Super Jesus many contemporary protestant Christians espouse.

I agree. What I was getting at was what I said better in a later post responding to Dave. The people making these figures have an evangelical slant and you can't teach that Jesus with what amounts to a Jesus of the flesh. The greater part of their concern is for the ideal.

I would imagine a Catholic toy company also being more likely to make warrior angel figures.

Yeah. I'd love little Jimmy to play with his shredded, bloody, black-eyed Jesus action figure with squirting wound action.

Remove the graphic depiction of his suffering from that film, and I would have walked away from it utterly bored. As it were, I was deeply moved. I'm an atheist, so the film was not made for me, but it says a lot about the virtues of such a representation if it made me even give the slightest damn about what I was watching. I gave much more than that.

...but I'll take emotionally uplifting and inspirational epics like The King of Kings as Ben-Hur any day ...

That would be torture. :lol

Just different focus of faiths, my friend. I grew up watching (and later participating in during my teen years) Passion Plays as a child during Easter season. The whole Stations of The Cross thing really gave me appreciation for what was endured for me, and all of us (if that is your belief). The uplifting, magical, and miraculous stuff is great. But it's the visceral reality of Christ suffering (for me) that has always resonated with me, as it does most Catholics. And THE PASSION... is essentially just a straight Stations of The Cross movie. Beat for beat.

I was raised Catholic, and I get that 1000%. My appreciation for it now (and probably as a child) was the human drama of the story, but that aspect is exactly what made him worthy as Messiah. Does it matter if God dies as God? Nope. It only matters if he dies as Man, and death by the sins of the world is no Sunday picnic.

Salvation without crucifixion is a bounced check. It always makes me roll my eyes to hear Christians get angry for the execution of Christ. I can understand myself taking offense, as it was an atrocious injustice against a grotesquely magnanimous human being, and I consider life to be finite and irreplacable, but anyone with their eggs in the eternal life basket really should be thanking the chicken.

So does anything think we can get some real tablets made for us ? I know that is one thing that would be nice.

I would love a Passion Jesus figure. That movie was huge for me. I had just converted back to Catholicism and had just finished Confirmation and had my first Communion. Then went and saw that...I don't think I've ever cried so much during and after a film.

Me too. I felt like the eye that shed that tear at the moment of his death. My best friend and I left the theater that night dead silent. Neither of us said a word until we finished our cigarettes.

My reflection of Christ is not nailed to a pagan cross...My Lord Jesus was crucified (put the payment in place for the sins of his elect in blood) Redeemed man,and then defeated death and rose again on the 3rd day.....Thats why a figure of him on a cross bothers me...Jesus,the Son of God, is the living God,with his Father in Heaven..

Nice figure, but not interested. I'm not exactly what you'd call a religious person - I find it interesting, yes, but not to the point where I'd want a 1/6th figure. I don't know - the whole idea behind this company seems a little preachy. Just not my cup of tea.

I just got word about the Jesus Christ figure thats next and I am not so sure what to think of it! I am not too keen on this idea as I know where this could go with some people having this in hand!

We are currently working on Jesus right now, and because we will have Jesus on the cross as well so we are giving the figure a new body so that it will look good on the cross.

Not sure if I like having a 12" figure of Jesus hanging on the Cross

He should have two variants, but a 1:6 Christ on the cross would be a very stunning centerpiece.

I don't know. I guess if I was really interested in owning a Jesus figure, I wouldn't want the cross version either. I mean really - he's ALWAYS depicted on the cross. That's like THE symbol, right there. It's overdone.

As an atheist - or maybe agnostic, depending on how you define these terms - I probably look at Jesus a bit differently than most Christians do. I know that the whole "dying for our sins" is central to a lot of Christian dogma, but to me, what he preached while living was of much greater importance.

I hope I'm not delving too much into the religious discussion taboo here - I'm just saying why I think a plain old 1/6th figure of Jesus seems more interesting than just one more depiction of him on a cross.

uhhm, the 1:6 cross is a bit over the top. are they planning on jacking up the prices? its like something you'd see in a church gift shop, only bigger.:dunno

Just found this thread today, and I'm glad to see someone making Biblical figures. I've always thought it would be nice to have some that weren't, you know, awful looking like past attempts I've seen.

I've already ordered Moses, and am looking forward to seeing what their Jesus turns out. I'm hoping for a non-crucified, "Passion" inspired Jesus.

Just found this thread today, and I'm glad to see someone making Biblical figures. I've always thought it would be nice to have some that weren't, you know, awful looking like past attempts I've seen.

I've already ordered Moses, and am looking forward to seeing what their Jesus turns out. I'm hoping for a non-crucified, "Passion" inspired Jesus.

I don't care if he's on a cross, but like you said a "Passion" inspired Jesus...perhaps a crown of thorns would be an nice accessory.

Christ on the cross would only interest me if the figure could also be posed carrying the cross - a far more interesting representation IMO, otherwise it might as well be a statue.

I like how this thread keeps getting bump and I always think it says 12" Moss-Man. And then I am disappoint. :duh

I like how this thread keeps getting bump and I always think it says 12" Moss-Man. And then I am disappoint. :duh

:lol

MOSSMAN.jpg

Does anyone have their direct contact information? I ordered mine three days ago, haven't received an email with tracking number, and I cannot access their site from Safari.

Christ on the cross would only interest me if the figure could also be posed carrying the cross - a far more interesting representation IMO, otherwise it might as well be a statue.

very good point! Did not think of that. Since these figures are pretty posable,I would imagine this being a possibility...

very good point! Did not think of that. Since these figures are pretty posable,I would imagine this being a possibility...

There's a good argument I think for having two representations of Christ in this line, a 'Stations of the Cross' version and a 'Sermon on the Mount' version.

Joshua Lui
[email protected]

I'd attach your Paypal receipt and tell them you never got a confirmation.

Don't know why you can't access their site using Safari. Mine loads it just fine. Safari 5.0.4??

Thanks! I have no idea why I can't access it. For whatever reason I can see it just fine on my phone, but not my Mac desktop computer or on my laptop's Internet Explorer.

Back